Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to stay for Revo and Stiniog?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

So instead of racing Triscombe enduro we are going to do an uplift weekend in North Wales due to poor fitness levels on my dad’s part.

Where is a good place to stay between the 2? Has to be cheap as we will be investing the same budget as for the enduro, and ideally have a pub within walking distance so we can spend the money we save!

wrecker
    Free Member

DO NOT stay in Blaenau.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Doesn’t really work for us logistically anywat but I’m curious as to why now!

chakaping
    Free Member

I usually stop at Porthmadog, which is quite a pleasant seasidey town.

Bala might be an alternative.

wrecker
    Free Member

Doesn’t really work for us logistically anywat but I’m curious as to why now!

I’d get flamed for listing our experience staying there so I’ll have to decline I’m afraid but trust me, don’t stay there!

mountainman

You have been WARNED “

DO NOT stay in Blaenau

.”

It is the Last place on earth ,Only for “LOCAL PEOPLE”

Bala far better choice .

Marin
    Free Member

Pub in Penmachno and bunkhouse. Good cafe at the falls. Midwayish between the two

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Betws Y Coed or Llangollen. Neither is a hardship to get to Revo or Stiniog from. Bit more of a drive than somewhere closer, but both are a little more lively/civilised in the evening.

honourablegeorge

Campsite in Bala, walk into town, walk back pissed. Worked for me.

nedrapier

We stayed in a cottage a couple of minutes south of Ffestiniog on the A470. Not yer cheapest option, but a lovely spot. Probably not bad between 4.

Edit. same one’s not on there anymore. Plenty of others are, though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay for Revo and Stiniog?’ is closed to new replies.