• This topic has 80 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Where have you been riding this weekend?
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Rode out from Uppermill way to above Stalybridge. Fantastic cheeky trail down to Walkerwood Reservoir in the picture. I know, I know, but aren’t all the goods ones cheeky over that way? 😉

kilo

Road bikes yesterday and a hungover couple of hours riding some of the Kerry Way on the mountain bike this morning. Great scenery, nice and warm anda few moody cows

Nipper99
    Free Member

CX ride from home on local hills. Rubbish phone pics.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/y1xMCd]20150906_183152 (2)[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/y1wGTY]20150906_173306 (2)[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Magical day today in the lakes today. Whitless Pike. Enough said, I’ll let the pics do the talking…

fathomer

Demoed a Banshee Spitfire in the Peak around Ladybower yesterday, had a great ride, ace bike, shame the frame was to small!

Today headed to the Peak again, Linacre Classic in reverse with a mate and the wife. Cracking day.

trail_rat
    Free Member

60k on the road bike locally with coffee stop at platform 22 in yestedays wind. Flew home, then set up my new alpkit luggage for next weeks c2c of scotland..

stevedoc
    Free Member

154hopperavenue

That image is almost identical to the one I wanted to post , down from Hobson moor into the wood 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

The Pentlands were rather braw today…

stevied
    Free Member

Just been out for a cracking ride up the Malverns. Weather was fabulous today..

mt
    Free Member

Apedale, Harkerside. Great ride.

jedi

High five maxtourque

P-Jay
    Free Member

Went to Afan, rode Penhydd, pretty uninspiring today, should have be great with the weather, but I think we were all racing to get home to see the Worlds and the F1.

maxtorque

hopeychondriact
    @ Maxtorque, that place looks magical, bet you had a right good time hooning it around.

“The Field of Dreams”

Give Tony (the very self same Jedi two posts up ^^^^^) a shout if you want to experience it yourself 8)

maxtorque

jedi
    High five maxtorque

😆

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Local mtb yesterday, road ride this morning and a gentle spin with Mrs TJ and my mate this afternoon,who after 2 years of not being able to ride his bike for major heart issues, we managed to get a lap of Greenham Common under his belt today. So all round a great effort.

stcolin
    Free Member

I did this yesterday…

alpineharry
    Free Member

Spent the weekend at Fort William, Downhill track is running pretty well at the moment, new PR too, judging by gopro, 6:04 instead of 6:19.

tomaso
    Free Member

A quick early morning loop out of Stavely over Garburn on the new bike with shonky forks

tenfoot

Cafell and what’s left of Twrch at Cwmcarn, yesterday and Forest of Dean today.

Great to be away for the weekend and ride in the daylight for a change.

tang
    Free Member

Local

ratadog

Did the N Yorks Moors mtb Marathon which was fabulous. Great weather,great views and great riding. I only did the 50k route which was more than enough for my ageing legs, some loons did the 100k route in very little more time than my 50!

I also opted for the 50. Great day out although slowed by cramp at the end. Height of my ambition was getting home in a time that was vaguely competitive with those doing twice as far.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

FoD solo on Friday after an early site visit, then an awesome quick spin around the Punchbowl hitting a drop and 5′ gap jump on a new (to me) trail with a mate. Good times..

mu3266
    Free Member

I dont often feel the need to gloat but Ive been in Big Bear in California hitting the Snow Summit track on a rental trek slash 7. I think I might have converted to loving 27.5! Didnt even notice until after thr weekend was finished.

Only bummer to the weekend was discovering that the park had a fatal crash last week, the second in August alone.

lunge

Rode my road bike from Manchester to London. 225 miles, 17 hours. Stunning and exhausting day out.

stevied
    Free Member

The Malverns were bathed in sunshine yesterday.

jonalderton
    Free Member

Isle of Wight Slammer – only 50km but fab views and stunning weather with Gav and new friend Seamus

muddyground
    Free Member

Nowhere really. Get five minutes out of the door, by the side of the trail there’s a blackberry bush, then a Blackthorne, some plums, apples…. Get back two hours later my Camelbak is full of fruit and I’ve not been ten miles. Got the runs this morning from eating so much.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ae on the way home from glasgee on friday – top 10 on strava on the shredder*

local razz last night – new lights fully operational.

*on the push up 😳 still counts though right?

Northwind

thestabiliser – Member

*on the push up still counts though right?

I had the KOM for inners pushup for ages 😆 Nobody pushes a bike like me

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Was supposed to be doing the SSUK Champs, but couldn’t be bothered with a weekend away.
    SO went to the Lakes instead. 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yk5FBZ]20150906_094911[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xnuCAi]20150906_101939[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yisV6b]20150906_124149[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/y2KTYG]20150906_133920[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

bikebouy
    Free Member

One session of Cross on Saturday and that was me done in.. ManFlu called an end to any racing on Sunday, so pootled off to Oly Park Vlodrome to welcome my riding buddies in from doing Raphas Manchester to London..

Dudes. 8)

stevedoc
    Free Member

Ir_bandito ? Helvellyn ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I tried something a little different on a bike this weekend. I rode the Bomberdrome, a bicycle wall of mild peril…

It was fine with just me on it but having another rider come past at speed underneath you is pretty terrifying the first time.

Some more info on it HERE for anyone who is interested.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I was up here, was a lovely morning out

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Ir_bandito ? Helvellyn ?

Yup, with The Knott and angle Tarn as a warmup.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/5c2g2MyE-Jc[/video]

Could do with a soundtrack, and its my first ever edit/youtube, so ended up crap resolution. But you get the jist….

soma_rich
    Free Member

did 100K on the tour of the Cornfields which was fun

kirky72
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

that descent with the boulders at the top ‘Yeah no problem mate,it’s dead easy when you get past the top part’

Top part is all rollable [ just] but easy enough
    The bottom is a rutted hell hole but still rideable

very challenging in the wet

Oh rode SSUK with lots of other folk
    Nice course but wish I had a lower gearing for the climbs

Posted 19 hours ago # Report-Post

Which section do you speak of here, Ice cream run???????

aP
    Free Member

Hey soma_rich – you said you took a manly bare-chested selfie……

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Where have you been riding this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.