• This topic has 47 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 2002.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • whens the new Giant Defy Advanced available?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

gorgeous bike for the money

advanced 2 is fantastic

1981miked
    Free Member

Quick google search says November.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What model/size? We’ve already got some in the shop.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as above, in stock in some places already.

Looks lovely, I agree. Nearly bought one myself!

TiRed

We’ve already got some in the shop.

Can you see any way of fitting any mudguards other than clip on Race Blades, without having a frame or fork drilled? Giant saying anything?

jacob46
    Free Member

Rorschach

What shop?

jacob46
    Free Member

New 2015 defy advanced ones

Free Member

If it had not been sold I would have brought one today.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Got an Advanced 3 in at the moment.
    Advanced 1 is due in about 8 weeks and Advanced 2 think it is December but will check.
    Thornton’s Cycles in Rugby,Warwickshire.
    Thanks,
    Max

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’d say Alf Jones’ in Gresford North Wales

Rorschach
    Free Member

And you’d be correct Steve 😀

avdave2

Don’t worry Jacob it’ll have been superseded by at least 5 new models before you finally decide what bike to buy 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t worry Jacob it’ll have been superseded by at least 5 new models before you finally decide what bike to buy

It’ll be all hover bikes by then.

Saying that, I can’t really talk about buying indecision.

jacob46
    Free Member

spoke to allterrain cycles and they are letting me know when the giant defy advanced 1 is available. Your right who ever said it, it’s a fantastic bike for the money.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Was looking at a defy one advanced but have heard different things about what colour schemes will be available.. would like an advanced one with the colours of the 2 or 3!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

spoke to allterrain cycles and they are letting me know when the giant defy advanced 1 is available

😕

They can just log on to the Giant B2B site while you’re there/on the phone and give you a due date for free stock from that. Or, if they’ve already got them on order, then they’d also be able to check when those orders will be delivered. No waiting required.

jacob46
    Free Member

Turbo1397, you’ve gota love the red & white one advanced. ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

you’ve gota love the red & white one advanced. ?

Yep. In stock at my LBS for a week or two. I don’t usually like white bikes, but this is rather lovely. The Spyres feel as good as a cable disc possibly could, and Ultegra is, well, Ultegra. Epic.

Jamie
    Free Member

They can just log on to the Giant B2B site while you’re there/on the phone and give you a due date for free stock from that. Or, if they’ve already got them on order, then they’d also be able to check when those orders will be delivered. No waiting required.

My experience of Giant is that they couldn’t organise a piss up in their own brewery.

Nice bikes, tho.

jacob46
    Free Member

Thanks captain!
    I think I will eventually upgrade it to hydraulic but I’m sure they will do me fine.

I hope it will accept 28mm tires. What you reckon? To keep costs down I was going to go for the 105 version because the colours ain’t bad either. I must say I do like giants paint jobs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader!

My experience of Giant is that they couldn’t organise a piss up in their own brewery.

Nice bikes, tho.[/quote]

That system works in my shop. So, in my experience, Giant don’t organise piss ups, but if they did…

mikey74
    Free Member

Is it worth the extra going for the Pro version instead

Jamie
    Free Member

So, in my experience, Giant don’t organise piss ups, but if they did…

Touché.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

You can fit 28s on. It will take 30s just not without changing the breaks for long reach calipers. I love the new defy 2015 range

mick_r

Nothing wrong with the Giant systems – Spoke to my LBS on Monday and whilst I was on the ‘phone they checked availability date on 2 CX bikes and confirmed which models they had on order. Also a similar experience booking demo bikes.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What kind of cost are they going to be?

Jamie
    Free Member

Click to make biggerer…

Sauce

stophe
    Free Member
    Solo
    Free Member

you’ve gota love the red & white one advanced. ?
    I use to like Giant, I have a 2001 TCR, but the silly stagger they’ve introduced where the top tube meets seat tube, seat stays. Looks Stoo-put!

stophe
    Free Member

It gives the frame a bit more compliance though, so that is the trade-off

Solo
    Free Member

stophe – Member
    It gives the frame a bit more compliance though, so that is the trade-off

Think I’d prefer to MTFU, rather than ride a poncey looking bike. JMO.
    😉

jacob46
    Free Member

Pitchpro
    Thanks for that, 28’s are perfect for my commute in winter. Cheers

jacob46
    Free Member

Mickey74;

I think the carbon mite be of better quality and hydro brakes. I don’t think 900+ is worth it and I don’t like any of the pro’s colours.

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers Jacob.

turbo1397
    Free Member

I’ve got a defy comp 1 with ultegra just now which is white and I liked the colour of the defy advanced 3.. would like it with advanced 1 spec though!

jacob46
    Free Member

pitchpro2011,

30mm tires should go on the advanced disc?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Ahh wrong one. The calipers fouled the 2014 with 30s. The discs shouldn’t have that issue.Giant Defy Advanced Test Ride & Review.: http://youtu.be/XsVawU__jZM

stophe
    Free Member

Advanced and Advanced Pro now used the same carbon (T700), Composite was the 2014 version of the advanced which used lesser grade carbon. Advanced Pro have full carbon fork, rather than alloy steerer and IIRC they come with the Ride Sense bits and pieces.

Advanced SL uses a better grade of carbon and has a 1 piece carbon fork.

jacob46
    Free Member

Stophe, nice one.

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers Stophe. All all, it doesn’t really sound like it’s worth going for the Pro, except for the bling factor.

If only they did an ultegra di2 version of the advanced.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘whens the new Giant Defy Advanced available?’ is closed to new replies.