Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • What's your vans MPG?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Was thinking about a change after Christmas and would like to improve on 40mpg VW Caddy.
    Not sure if I’ll be able to achieve it though.

Stoner
    Free Member

that’s pretty good.

I can get 38-40mpg from some delicate driving in my ’03 T4. I can never get better out of it.

amplebrew

I’ve got a Peugeot Expert Tepee with a 2.0hdi 128bhp motor and that does early forties running around and late forties on a long run.

The best van I’ve had for real world mpg was a Renault Kangoo with a 1.5dci 68bhp motor which easily did in the fifties.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

I’ve put 13k miles on a 62 plate renault trafic, started off at 35mpg per tank now getting 40+ not driving too sympathetically!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just got an 18 month old transit. Dealer reckoned itd be better on fuel than my 7 yr old one I chopped in. Pfffttt!!! Old one was making 33mpg with dodgy injector pattern, this one is just making 30. It’s only done 10k so may improve a little.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

51 plate Transit 2l (the gutless one) LWB Med High and it would do 30-32 depending on how I was going.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

11 plate berlingo, computer says 44mpg

trail_rat
    Free Member

Computer better lie stu unless you have a baby petrol engine and are doing motorway milage.

I get 40 brim to brim – wether i drove it like i stole it , cruise at 70 do 81 down the french toll road or bimble through town traffic.

1.9 dw8 pug partner.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

VW T5 here. Mid thirties most of the time, 42mpg on a couple of very long trips where I rarely went over 70mph.

grantway
    Free Member

Vauxall Vivaro 04 plate supposed to be 45 mph

thestabiliser
    Free Member

We had a post grad do a bit of analysis on our van fleet – peug partner for the win

vivaro and transit = NO GO

maccruiskeen

Get mid to high 20s from my sprinter but thats hampered by a roof rack thats got more bars than a xylophone, around about 60mpg from my Astra Van.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Berlingo 2.0Hdi, usually 500 miles from 48 litres or so. About 47mpg. Mainly rural A roads, 50-55mph max speed. Gentle driving.

legend
    Free Member

2012 136bhp Vito has averaged 37mpg over the first 50,000 miles of getting hammered up and down motorways most of the time.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m getting 36.6 mpg out of our 53 plate 2.5tdi T4.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Transits really are shit!
    I miss the extra grunt that my last one had as well!

scotroutes

40 out of my LWB Trafic

Lionheart
    Free Member

Old Vito here, 40ish on a run, low-mid thirties on the shorter journeys. Think we would like a T5 or one of the newer long wheel base Caddy s but doubt we can stretch that far for the weekend ‘toy carrier’.

kristoff
    Free Member

’04 T5 average around 36-38 with normal driving.. Can’t get 40+ if I drive like miss daisy.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve got an 06 plate Caddy TDi that averages about 49mpg during the better weather but drops down to about 44mpg during the winter, possibly due to me commuting and doing shorter trips in winter.

bazzer
    Free Member

38MPG tops unless I drive like a granny in my 13 plate Trafic Sport with 15K on the clock.

chris36860
    Free Member

Around 33 on a good run. 2009 T5 2.5 130bhp. We do have a lot of roundabouts here tho. Still contemplating a re-map!

Rik
    Free Member

I’ve got an 06 plate Caddy TDi that averages about 49mpg during the better weather but drops down to about 44mpg during the winter, possibly due to me commuting and doing shorter trips in winter.

What engine? At that mpg you can’t have the 140bhp 2.0!!!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Computer better lie stu unless you have a baby petrol engine and are doing motorway milage.

I get 40 brim to brim – wether i drove it like i stole it , cruise at 70 do 81 down the french toll road or bimble through town traffic.

1.9 dw8 pug partner.

Its a 1.6 turbo diesel, and it’s probably 66.66% motorway, I’ve never been very good at driving for economy. 😳

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/vans/review/citroen-berlingo-l2-lx-16-hdi-long-term-2/37474/page/2/

This review also got 44mpg.

STOP VILIFYING ME!

trail_rat
    Free Member

do you use 5th gear at all 😀

that thing should be good for 50mpg – my dads got the 2.0 HDI dispatch and gets 42mpg on mixed spirited driving.

has it been serviced in the last 10k.

I wouldnt wait till the service light comes on in those HDIs – that engines very insistant on a good regular service to keep the oilways clear of sludge.

edit – oh its the new one … has it done many miles – id expect it to ease up in that case. Unless they significantly changed the engine between the old shape and the new one – i dont know ive not had any experiance with the new shape. – hows the three front seats working for you , that does tempt me although id probably buy a multispace next time.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

What engine? At that mpg you can’t have the 140bhp 2.0!!!

It’s the 104bhp 1.9 TDi.

Mattbike

35Mpg Fiat scudo 2.0l 120 bhp 08 plate

mtbmatt
    Free Member

34-36mpg from a LWB, high top transit 2.2.
    140bhp standard, remapped and getting 3-4mpg more and more power.

Pretty good for a big, loaded van.

thomthumb
    Free Member

08 t5 37 average but up to 40 on long runs.

You can have them remapped for better efficiency.

speak to an expert http://www.pendleperformance.com/ not some ECU flasher!

alfabus
    Free Member

35-38mpg – LWB T5 2.5tdi (with a poptop)

almightydutch
    Free Member

I’ve got the latest VW T5 2.0l TDI 104bhp model. I drive like a twunt and get long term average of 37mpg….I can easily get above 40 when driving within the law

Not so much a van but 28 mpg thrashed and 33 mpg steady – 2 tonne, 190bhp, 2.5l navara

trail_rat
    Free Member

i also used to get 28mpg out of my landrover ninety 2.5 TD – doing a steady 55(did 75 flat out but due to a cracked piston you could watch the temperature rise rapidly) on my commuting days off pissing abody off on the dualer im sure.

now ill be lucky if it sees double digits 🙁 but it sounds good

squealer
    Free Member

Drove to Switzerland in my 11 plate California 180bhp with 9k on it. Full loaded with 2 bikes on the back and a set of 20″ wheels it averaged 23 🙁

Changed the wheels back to the original 17″ now and get around 37mpg with no bikes. Not bad for a 3 tonne weight!

coopersport1
    Free Member

X plate T4 2.5tdi 88bhp 32 running around 38 on a good run.
    Had a Citroen Relay 2.2 hdi XLWB camper for a brief time manange 42 on a steady 65mph run

hexhamstu
    Free Member

trail_rat – hows the three front seats working for you , that does tempt me although id probably buy a multispace next time.

It only has 17,000 miles on it so far, so hopefully will loosen up possibly. The three front seats are a bit of a joke, as the middle passenger either has to sit with his legs jammed into the other passenger or with the gear stick right between his legs (which makes shifting into 4th a tad awkward). They are useful for short trips though where comfort isn’t too much of an issue, but I’d hate to do a long run with 3 up front.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kangoo and it’s doing about 50mpg (diesel) I drive like Anto Flo though.. 😛

VanMan
    Free Member

11 plate 160bhp Vito averages 44mpg most months mainly motorways though

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah so its just like a land rover 3 up then 😀

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 LWB Mitsu Delica L400s, not exactly a van but nearly. 4×4 and 2.8 auto. mainly 20 25mpg. Once had 30mpg driving like a granny. Great to drive though…

This thread is quite interesting as I’m going to swap my current 1.9TDI Alhambra (40-45mpg) for a van.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What's your vans MPG?’ is closed to new replies.