Viewing 27 posts - 201 through 227 (of 227 total)
  • What's your favourite country? And why?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

who gets the 2 Hundred?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

not I 🙁

Edukator
    Free Member

“Madame” is clearly “Edukatorin” as in the lady sitting next to me, I wouldn’t use it to refer to any other woman mentioned without adding either “SVP/bonjour” before or a title/surname after. She was perplexed and that’s exactly what she said. Post a phone number and I’ll ask her to phone you and confirm.

Care to apologise for calling me a “cock” and a “raving loonie”, Molgrips.

ianv
    Free Member

“Scuse me Ianv; can’t you see there’s an argument going on?”

Sorry 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I apologise for accusing you of making stuff up after having mis-read your post.

I won’t apologise for calling you a cock cos you are still being one, so stop asking it’s getting boring.

And Ma Grips has spent a lot of time in France and knows very well how wine is served.

I dunno why you just can’t go ‘oh that’s a strange point of view, I’ve not found that to be the case’ and been nice like everyone else on this thread.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I should hope so.

Coming in with a sensible on-topic post when there’s an argument going on indeed…..

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

“Madame” is clearly “Edukatorin” as in the lady sitting next to me,

Seriously? Your missus is sitting next to you watching you type this stuff? Really?

Edukator
    Free Member

Thank you for recognising you had misread, Molgrips. In future I suggest you think twice before hunting through my posts for soemthing to pick me up on. You’ve done it several times including the threads I specifically referenced above.

On this thread I decided to pick you up on a point to see what your reaction was. Much as expected to be honest. Incidentally one place you will find some of the most blatant sexism and most misogynistic posting anywhere is anglo-saxon MTB forums. New memembers with female sounding names are often assumed to be trolls and then if they prove themselves to be female get hounded/chatted up by the leering masses who assume assume said female knows nothing about bikes and offer to go around and mechanic.

molgrips
    Free Member

Much as expected to be honest

Now if that’s not intended to be arrogant, rude and offensive I don’t know what is!

EDIT please don’t lecture me on sexism either

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

New memembers

reminds me of this song

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-bdlPqJME[/video]

Edukator
    Free Member

She’s filling in her expenses form Charlie. I make the odd comment on what you lot say and she asks if I think claiming for things is justified or fraud.

molgrips
    Free Member

So your wife has no moral compass then? Just as I expected.

(The above is purely intented to demonstrate how you can be casually offensive without a direct insult, as you have been doing to me. I don’t mean it and I don’t wish any bad sentiment towards your wife)

Edukator
    Free Member

So you now find the fact I find you predictable rude and offensive, Molgrips.

Care to opologise for calling me a “cock” and “raving loonie”, and my contributions of being “destructive”, “rude”, “offensive” and “puerile”, Molgrips.

Edukator
    Free Member

And it’s easy to counter without aggression or insult, Molgrips.

If my wife had no moral compass she wouldn’t be asking. She has very high moral standards and therefore to make absolutely sure a claim is justified she asks a man who knows French accounting rules very well for confirmation, me.

molgrips
    Free Member

If my wife had no moral compass she wouldn’t be asking.

You don’t need to defend your wife – that was an academic exercise, so that you can have an idea as to how I feel when you talk about my wife.

grum
    Free Member

Does every thread have to descend into bickering these days? Even I’m bit bored of it.

FWIW – of the places I’ve been, only Canada could I see myself settling down in. Just a shame it’s so far from friends/family though.

I like France but I think it’s easy to romanticise – there’s some very illiberal sentiment (banning burkas, the recent French football scandal) behind all the liberte, egalite, fraternite business.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I like France but I think it’s easy to romanticise – there’s some very illiberal sentiment (banning burkas, the recent French football scandal)

Still, on the positive side, like molgrips said, their women have no morals at all!

Edukator
    Free Member

I don’t need to defend my wife, but I did, without getting irriate or throwing random insults at you, Molgrips.

Care to opologise for calling me a “cock” and “raving loonie”, and my contributions of being “destructive”, “rude”, “offensive” and “puerile”, Molgrips.

I passed a lady in a Burka on the way to the pool today Grum. There are lots of laws in France but there’s a lot of discretion in their application.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Can anyone lend me a Mint Sauce key ring for a few days?

grum
    Free Member

I passed a lady in a Burka on the way to the pool today Grum. There are lots of laws in France but there’s a lot of discretion in their application.

In your speedos I take it? Seeing as swimming shorts are strictly forbidden. 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

without getting irriate

I’ve not been irate this whole thread, quite chilled this afternoon for a change. I’ve called you a cock because you have behaved like one on this thread, calling into question the judgement and experience of my wife and my Mum. That’s the end of it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll sort you one out in a few months, Gary, is that ok?

Edukator
    Free Member

Speedo “endurance” to be precise grum.

I never questioned what your mother said about the half glass of wine Molgrips. I agreed with it, offererd an explanation, suggested that it was pragmatic common sense not sexism and added “probably 2/3” because that is my experience.

As for you wife, I’ve never seen anything from eiher of you on this forum to suggest your wife has spent a long period in France, speaks the language fleuently, has had French lovers, has worked in a French company … and yet in your first reference to France you said her comment on French attitudes to women was based on living in France. “living” means more than a holiday. I therefore asked you how long she’d spent in France. Is it so unreasonable to ask how long?

iDave
    Free Member

Based on the last few days, I would say Geneva is hard to beat, if you have a **** huge income – which I don’t – yet.

molgrips
    Free Member

I got the strong impression that you were going to ask how long so that you could rubbish our experiences by virtue of having lived there longer.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

yet.

Well start looking in the estate agents dude. I checked the accounts today.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I got the strong impression that you were going to ask how long so that you could rubbish our experiences by virtue of having lived there longer

Perhaps, but whose wife has had more French lovers? (I don’t mean francophiles)

Viewing 27 posts - 201 through 227 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite country? And why?’ is closed to new replies.