Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • What’s your dream FS bike ?
  • jimmy748

Only bike I’d change my G16 for is a G1, but it’s not enough of an upgrade per £ for me to do it. I’d love a Spur to go with it and swap the Bitmap frame for a Slackline.

zerocool

A Curtis hardtail with the geometry I want (after I’ve got their feedback on my ideas). Then decked out with lots of fancy (but reliable) kit hanging off it.

Still can’t decide on raw and lacquered, black or candy red.

“She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine”

tomhoward

candy red.

Nah, they’ve been done to death now 😉

I wouldn’t go Kingdom, the frames always look rough on closer inspection, in an unfinished, poor QC kind of way, rather than ‘raw’ IMO. YMMV.

ta11pau1

It’s all about the raw finish for me now, another point to the G1. No paint to protect, no invisiframe to apply, get some scuffs – just attack it with a scotchbrite pad and bang! The dirt is gone! 🤣

Also, a raw frame and tanwall tyres… *Chefs kiss 😎😁

zerocool

@Tomhoward – yeah but my first ever BMX was Candy red with gold stem, bars, rims and spokes. I remember it looking awesome (even though I can’t remember the make, and I disliked the red tyres).

I think lacquered or black.

The Milyard is a good call.

si77

Bold Unplugged whilst taking advantage of the company’s delivery/collection option via a Hotel stay in Lenzerheide.

Bold

woody71
    Free Member

@didnthurt

Could be your lucky day – I’ve just posted a black trek supercaliber frame in the classifieds 😉

Woody71

squealer
    Free Member

dave_h
    The concept must be due a come back, right?

Maintou FS

Doesn’t need to, I’ve still got mine!

edd

Swarf 155
    Beautiful bike, made in the correct material.
    Never going to happen as he’s stopped making them.

My dream, and current, bike is my Swarf 155. It’s brilliant and I’m gutted Adrian stopped making them.

Next dream is a Contra MC:
    https://contrabikes.com/

The review on Pinkbike just makes me want it more:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/field-test-contra-mc-the-steel-steamroller.html

MC

Contra MC

razorrazoo

@Tomhoward – yeah but my first ever BMX was Candy red with gold stem, bars, rims and spokes. I remember it looking awesome (even though I can’t remember the make, and I disliked the red tyres).

Raleigh Burner? My mate had a red one with gold parts.

chiefgrooveguru

“Next dream is a Contra MC:
    https://contrabikes.com/”

Such a cool bike. Even if my local trails were gnarly enough, I’m not sure I’d ever have the skills or bravery to get that up to speed!

ta11pau1

Doesn’t need to, I’ve still got mine!

Nice bike mister! Seriously that’s awesome! 😲

That contra just has SMASH! written all over it!

Stanton Switch9er FS Ti with carbon rear triangle and a boutique parts list

Northwind

I just want to wave a magic wand and make my Remedy 29 about… uh, 2 inches longer, a couple of degrees slacker and able to take a 240mm dropper. Enough that I almost got a custom front triangle made for it. Still might, if I can’t find anything else that I like more.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

An early 2000s Cannondale Scalpel team bike. Im eas ily pleased, and waaay too shit of a rider to appreciate any of he super bikes mentioned.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

That or a GT Force built to fit me. Love them.

jameso

Probably a Starling Murmur Trail, based on a bike having more appeal to me the more I can see myself still riding it in 8-10 years time or more. I know a Nicolai would be a better suspension system and maybe a better FS bike overall but a custom geometry and a really good shock on a steel single pivot appeals. It’s the only FS bike I’ve browsed online and thought about getting the £ together for anyway.

Actual dream FS bike would be one that had enough travel for the average trail without using a telescopic fork. All the fore-aft stiffness of a truss fork but smoothly suspended, no bushing slop and more winter-resistant – a girder fork that works and looks good in the way an old Norton or BSA motorbike does. The closest anyone got was the Girvin so it’s not looking hopeful but if we’re talking dream FS bikes that would be my project, matched to a frame similar to the Starling using an axle pivot like a Trek.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’d like Yeti to make an updated (but without all the complicated linkages) 575. Keep it almost exactly the same, but make the rear chainstays a bit beefier and make it 650b or mullet. That was my dream bike back in the day and probably my favourite bike I’ve ever owned.

devash
    Free Member

Next dream is a Contra MC:

You need a handlebar moustache and a helmet shaped like a Victorian top hat to ride that one. It’s the law.

corroded
    Free Member

I’ve probably got as close to my dream bike at the moment: Tallboy 4 CC. It’s growing on me (initially I had preferred my v3). But I only bought the Tallboy 4 as there were no Transition Spurs in the country. So, one of those two for sure.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I have been through a lot of bikes and went back to a custom made steel FS which seems to ride better than the whole previous lot (some real hype bikes included) and just works with me. Also only 2 bearings and ride all year.

Still my dream bike would be a new mint Supreme SX.

asbrooks

I have no idea.!
    I purposely don’t ride mates bikes just because It’ll set off that itch which will need scratching..

My current bike is an 2018 Boardman FSPro, it has it’s limitations and there many things I don’t like about it but it does it’s job.

Kamakazie

One I’d love to win but probably never gonna spend the money on is the Arbr RB2.
    That swingarm!

turneround

My moots farwell, a.50th treat, bling’d to the max and going get me through the Italian divide next yr

mjsmke

My dream bike would be something like a Sata Cruz Blur TR but a little longer in a size small. I need a short seat tube so can’t size up to a medium.

Also, my dream bike would be something in stock.

honourablegeorge

I’d have had a list a few years ago, but the G1 has been so durable and problem free that replacing it just doesn’t occur to me. The Deviate Claymore would probably be the one if I was looking.

filks

Got mine 4 years ago when I inherited some money: a Pivot Mach 5.5 10 year anniversary model with reynolds wheels. Glad I did because pricing has gone bonkers since and I’m not even close to being able to afford it/the equivalent now.
    Best thing I’ve ever bought.

kiwijohn

rune
    Can’t imagine there’s anything better than my Rune
    Maybe down the track a Pinion gearbox bike with electric shifting, as long as it’s not carbon.

ta11pau1

If this was ever put into production…

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci19X_OMo5E/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

It’s like the bastard lovechild of a Nicolai and an Atherton 😎

dreednya

Have an Ibis Mojo SL 26 wheel and a Ripley v3 LS. Only bike to potentially get me off those currently is or was, the Robot bike R130, which may be coming out as the Atherton 130 sometime in the near future.

schmiken

I managed to buy my dream FS – a 120mm Pivot Mach 4SL with Live Valve. I love it as much as I hoped I was going to.

WildHunter2009

I’d really like to try a Deviate Highlander. Never ridden a high pivot but just looks right.
    Otherwise something like a properly pimped out Flaremax. And a BTR hardtail to go with it.

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.