• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's your biggest mobile bill?
  • tails
    Free Member

After seeing large418's massive massive phone bill courtesy of his daughter, I was wondering what is your biggest phone bill?

My two about £60 from two weeks in USA and £120+ for 3 weeks in Asia. I thought they were big, but £1290 I'm surprised people can actually afford that as that is more than my current months earnings.

jam-bo

mine is regularly over £100 but then someone else pays it for me…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

£300 for 3 weeks in cyprus for 2 phones!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i got a 60 quid bill once when my phone was connecting to the internet by its self in my pocket ….

finally got them to admit it was a flaw in teh design of their phone (o2 xda mini) which had a button on the side that didnt lock with the rest of the phone and couldnt be assigned to anything else/disabled so it would connect when ever it was touched – piece of shite that phone !

richmars

£10 for the last year, Tesco. Before that company phone.

nim

Mine was £ 975 some years ago when doing alot of travel for work to Czech Republic / Turkey / Israel.

Ended up 50/50 with my employer.

Vodafone didn't bat an eye when I left them despite an average bill of £500 pm

Junkyard
    Free Member

£10 per month
    £45 with work when i had a blackberry

Hohum
    Free Member

simon_g

Somewhere over £1500, but it was a work bill.

I was using my work phone as a 3G modem, we were on a suitable Orange plan for that and our phones supported it with no hackery involved. Some of my colleagues did the same – if nothing else, it saved the company £10 or so a night on hotel wifi when we were away.

Company changes to Vodafone, we ask the right questions to managers about "do we still have unlimited data?" etc, met with a "just use your phone as before" response. So I did. Turns out we only got 500MB included, and I used a couple of GB that month as I was at a customer who won't allow us on their network. All excess charged at £1/MB.

Thankfully not my problem. I think the company managed to get half of it refunded via goodwill.

cranberry
    Free Member

Sometimes mine gets as high as €40-50 euros when I've visited the UK for a few weeks. Normally it never goes above €20.

stumpy01

richmars – Member
    £10 for the last year, Tesco. Before that company phone.

Was that £10 to replace the bit of string between the two cans?? 😉

My most expensive bill was £39 last month and that got me annoyed that I'd wasted that much money on phone calls (when calls from the house phone are free!). I'd recently swapped tariffs and under-estimated how quickly you can go through inclusive minutes. Won't happen again. Normally pay £15/month

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've a client who regularly runs up £2-3,000 bills per month, using a UK mobile from the far side of the world all the time.

br
    Free Member

Way back when GSM first came in my company mobile bills were circa £1000 every month – but as I was saving hotel/overseas phone bill costs (in excess of £10 per minute), and overseas 3-4 weeks at a time it wasn't really a problem.

But mobile bills have plumetted recently, so worse case in Europe is usually £100ish.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's your biggest mobile bill?’ is closed to new replies.