Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Whats the wind like where you are?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

In Fife its gusting at 100mph, so says the news. Feels like more where I am.

Trees down all around. Plenty of firewood for this winter then. 8)

duntmatter
    Free Member

It’s like fast-moving smoke with bits in it in that London

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gusty.

trout
    Free Member

Very gusty in west Yorkshire

had a very nice tail wind today and just got home before the monsoon hit

yossarian
    Free Member

Vindy vindy down here on the Kent coast. Treacherous seas too, keeping them damn frenchies in port I hopes

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We have had some exotic foreign air imported and is passing through with undignified haste.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Windfinder says gusts at 36 knots – the ride home was straight into it, so a bit slower than usual. Not sure I would fancy 100mph

Harry_the_Spider

House over the road has one less tree in the garden.

stuey
    Free Member

next door are ‘stealing’ my play bark.

Drac

Blowy a bit and yeah creating some fuel for the burner.

catnap
    Free Member

very windy here in burnley
    lets hope it blows some of the chavs away !! 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Mad in Peebles

Kunstler

Blowing a bit in Edinburgh and that bin lid outside is going to keep opening and banging shut all night. One friend witnessed a roof being blown off and another has a rather large tree laying across his street.

I’m about to see if it’s possible to cycle around Arthurs Seat.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s more blowy than the Big Bad Wolf’s breath.

I’m just glad I don’t live in a house like MidlandTrailquestsGraham’s precariously perched wooden house.

Kunstler

I’m just glad I don’t live in a house like MidlandTrailquestsGraham’s precariously perched wooden house.

Toto, I’ve a feeling…

tomaso
    Free Member

Gusty in Lancaster and on Morecambe prom it is blowing in every direction at once :mrgreen: But nowhere near 100mph – maybe 50-60 at a push..

chakaping
    Free Member

Not too bad here, compost bin has tried to escape again though and I suspect there’ll be a few branches down in the woods on tomorrow;s ride.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I was shocking earlier. I flew up a hill in top gear this morning but came to a stand still on the way back down. Not too bad now.

glenh
    Free Member

“feels like more” than 100mph?!

Have you ever experienced 100mph winds?

CountZero

Only gusting up around 18-20mph down ‘yer in the West, enough to leave you out of breath trying to ride into it.

yossarian
    Free Member

Once, after a lamb phall. Never again.

heuer27
    Free Member

The mother in law has lost her chimney and nearly her car that was parked in the drive at the time.
    We have trees down all over the place .Proper breezy.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Once, after a lamb phall. Never again.

PMSL!

I was expecting the very first reply to make a reference like this, I can’t believe it took so many posts. STW is not what it once was 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

buxom and plentiful… 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Once, after a lamb phall.

Ringburn? Nasty. Needs Germolene to soothe things. Aloe Vera gel is cooling as well.

Ooh I tell you what I was right in trouble last week. Was keeping me awake at night.

Chewing Cardamom seeds sorted it right out.

I’m a bit worried about me tomatoes though. 😐

scaredypants

9mph, gusting @ 26 – I think that’s exaggerated TBH

BigJohn

I’ve got a few aches and bruises after a great day’s windsurfing at West Kirby yesterday.

95 kilos (courtesy of iDave) and I just managed to control a 4 metre sail on an 86 litre board*. There were times when it was force 9 for 10 minutes at a time. Some of the dedicated speedsailors were reaching phenomenal speeds down the wall. Well over 40mph, right next to concrete.

Bloody marvellous. That’s not me, or yesterday. Yesterday was a lot wilder.

*That’s equivalent to 8″ suspension at both ends.

yossarian
    Free Member

My Geordie mate used to say he was ‘sat on a Japanese flag’ after violent aftershocks from a curry.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Still in the caravan on the East yorks coast and its fookin rocking but not not for the reasons I was hoping!!!

househusband

Made it across the Forth Road Bridge just a few moments before they closed it. It was, umm, ‘interesting’ driving across it at 15mph and feeling the whole bridge sway and undulate – you could see it on other cars as they bobbed up and down.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh nasty. Required stitches? 🙁

starsh78
    Free Member

Smelly, in our front room…

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Looks like Autumn here in Perthshire. Carpets of leaves all over the roads and trees down everywhere. Hell of a lot of rain as well

Hohum
    Free Member

Very windy in Livi.

I was lucky to get home earlier from Edinburgh as they had suspended all of the trains, but then they said that the Bathgate train was running and I managed to get myself onto it, phew!

Lots of branches down and there is a big oak tree down by the road into our estate.

carbon337
    Free Member

71 gusts at local Meto observation post at Boulmer. Impressive.

superfli
    Free Member

I dunno about today, but Sat night I was ontop of Scafell Pike in very very strong winds. I thought it was bad enough on Ben Nevis a few hours earlier. We had to hold onto rocks and keep as low as poss whilst it was gusting, and then quickly step over a few more rocks before it started again. That and the torrential rain put an early end to my 3 peaks challenge 👿 Got a tad lost on Scafell but viewranger came to our rescue.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

just had a 45 minute power cut up in the highlands…

househusband

…Sat night I was ontop of Scafell Pike in very very strong winds. I thought it was bad enough on Ben Nevis a few hours earlier…

That’ll be the Three Peaks Challenge then!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Guess where i was today?

Road Status: Open
    Number of Runs Open: 0
    Number of Lifts Open: 0

Latest News
    Today’s weather forecast : Wind: S or SW 50-70mph gusts 80-100mph. Extreme winds later in day gusting 130mph. Widespread rain. Extensive cloud on higher areas. Temperature at 900m: 1 – 5C, feeling as cold as -17 directly in the wind.

DUE TO VERY HIGH WINDS , we have suspended train operations for the day.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I experienced something over 100mph in Orkney a few years back. There are no trees there to break the wind. I had just put a tin roof on a shed that was big enough to house about 12 cars. It was open to the wind. The wind roar was terrifying. It just held, but we had to fill sandbags and lash them side to side as the nails were pulling out from the purlins.

The roar in our trees today was like a freight train.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Whats the wind like where you are?’ is closed to new replies.