Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • What's the most annoying thing about your bike?
  • RustyNissanPrairie

that it dosn't bearing assemblies with grease nipples

marc
    Free Member

It doesn't get out as often as it should

StefMcDef
    Free Member

A creaky seatpost/saddle interface. Does my box in. Can't hear it when I'm out myself and wired up to the iPod so it doesn't bother me then but when riding in a group it's like having a sibilant S or involuntary flatulence. Nobody mentions it but you can tell everyone can hear it.

Xylene
    Free Member

My wheel looks offset to the left from behind on the chain stay, yet is perfectly centred between the v-brake bosses.

It really pisses me off.

Don't know why but it does.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

What's really annoying me at the moment is that everything is wearing out and I can't afford to upgrade parts so I'm having to change like for like 🙁

Bushwacked
    Free Member

The chain jumps off it when going over rough ground or doing jumps 🙁

Spud

Bloody cable rub around the rocker linkage/ toptube. Drives me nuts, despite rerouting of cables and lots of heli tape later.

richcc
    Free Member

On one of the commuting threads the other day there was a spat over v-brakes vs discs on a commuter. Someone mentioned a drum brake, out of weather, not susceptible to wet rims, doesn't wear out rims. That might make a nice design exercise.

Did like the idea of integral lights but I'd start with a seatpost or saddle with built in LEDs – much more important than front facing lights.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

S-Works Enduro, getting the rear shock set up just right, the weight of it.

456ti nothing, its perfect.

Spec Allez – me, I'm too fat to be a roady so I look like I've nicked it

Spec Globe – mudguards make it look like an old man's bike but they do keep me dry.

I have too many Specialized bikes.

Coyote
    Free Member

Not enough mud clearance at the back.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

No problems with the rear mech.

my problem is my inbred is just a little bit too long, and no one seems to make stems that are short enough and light weight!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

2. A rear derallieur that is repositioned in the space of the chainstays therefore protected by the frame itself

Why not put the derallieur in the hub or in box in the frame would be out of the way there. 😉

Prob be better redesigning these:

Or just ride a Singlespeed you are just going DH! 😆

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

@Becky kirk have you tried a bar with more sweep? and a dirt jump stem like the Atomlab 35mm

simon1975

The broken rear axle is quite annoying but survived this morning's commute. Hopefully the LBS will help at lunchtime…

stooo
    Free Member

Have to agree with Spud:

Bloody cable rub around the rocker linkage/ toptube. Drives me nuts, despite rerouting of cables and lots of heli tape later.

Currently on a Trek Fuel EX and SC Bullit, previously rode MSC Zion, Intense 6.6, Intense 5.5, Rocky Mountain Slayer….. other than my Bullit, I've never had a full suss with sensible cable routing that didn't rub like crazy, wear marks in the frame and crack the cable outer around the rocker linkage area.

Seriously frame designers…. what's the deal? sort it out please.

carlphillips
    Free Member

update on my last post…

forgot to add to the huge list a complete rebuild of rear hub last week,

I FEKKIN HATE MY SPESH EPIC….PIECE OF CR4P….

mikertroid
    Free Member

Me

epicsteve
    Free Member

[*]Epic – nothing, it's perfect (other than the niggle that it still has an LX front mech in anotherwise XTR drivetrain – bloody mech won't die)[/*]
    [*]Soul – paintwork is pretty tatty now, otherwise it's fantastic[/*]
    [*]S-Works Enduro – knackered horst link bearings[/*]
    [*]SX Enduro – only just got it so a work in progress[/*]
    [*]Zion – haven't quite worked out the best set-up for it yet[/*]

carlphillips
    Free Member

update on my shitty epic again

went up to the quantocks for a ride with some friends this morning. rear brake now not working, not juts a sticky piston it seems more of a bloodywell jammed piston not even a tyre lever can wedge it back out.

its up for sale as of tomorrow, too many things going wrong on it.
    hardtail is where its at for me

shedfull
    Free Member

My Stumpy with its dead brain shock and a diamond encrusted Fabergé egg have a lot in common. They both cost a lot of money, are made mostly of carbon and are of no use at all other than ornamental.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What's the most annoying thing about your bike?’ is closed to new replies.