Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Comedy Excuses from The Classifieds
  • shooterman

I fear I am jinxed! The catastrophes which appear to befall those who have agreed to buy things from me on the classifieds appear to defy the laws of probability!

Among the reasons provided for not proceedings with an agreement to buy are:

1. Something Came Up.
    2. My central heating has broken down and I need the money to fix it.
    3. I have just discovered my wife has been having an affair and need the money for a divorce.

Anyone else have any such experiences?

bruneep

Excuses from some sellers.

1.Girlfriend/wife/lover…is ill sorry couldn't post.
    2.I need to get a box so I can send.
    3.My camera has just broken.
    4.No I don't have any pictures.
    5.Pick up only.

Buyers.
    1. will you swap for a xbox and £30.
    2. text speak.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora 😉
    Found him to be a good seller actually when I have dealt with him.

bruneep

Personally Hora is the worst ever. My wheel hasn't arrived yet, nip on. 😉

scaredypants

only had run of the mill stuff really:

"Oh, I didn't think you wanted those (bits without which this item is useless)"

"At least the bearings are fine" (headset, when I commented that great condition doesn't usually mean full of rust – the bearings were the most rusty part)

Kuco

I don't always post pictures and have asked people to give me a day or two as I don't always have my camera.

binners

Has Horas dog eaten anyones stuff? LIke it probably did with his homework

uplink
    Free Member

That's correct – it is the wrong size BB I sent you but I thought it may fit all the same

shooterman

Not just me then!

iain1775
    Free Member

I'd like to say I have only had good experiences buying and selling on STW and I think your generally all wonderful
    Much better than that lot over on ebay anyway 😉

Kuco

Sorry been to busy to post it.

But you made time to cash the cheque though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Has Horas dog eaten anyones stuff?

it genuinely chewed the resistor handle – like a plastic version of old style racing bike gear shifters- on \ turbo trainer – reduced price as well for it. Do I win a prize?

Northwind

I just had to own up to just forgetting I'd sold something.

samuri
    Free Member

not on here but on ebay my paypal account had reached it's limit of transactions so paypal suspended it till I put my bank account details. The man in question couldn't pay me till I sorted it so I sent him an email explaining the problem and that I'd fix it as soon as I could.

I recieved an email back filled with bile and anger and venom. It was like someones brain dumping the worst things they had inside it for about ten minutes. It wasn't even clever, just crap insults.

I decided that was the end of the deal but a few days later I got a calm email from the chap asking when we were going to close this thing….

After some to and fro I agreed to meet and sell him the bike but took a mate along as muscle. The guy met us on a roundabout, little fat chap with these thick glasses (thicker than mine anyway), looked like he'd shit if you said no to him. Brilliant!

zaskar
    Free Member

Sold a freehub body to a nice chap a few weeks ago but have not heard if it fitted. Probably I'm used to being emailed saying great stuff. Probably busy I hope.

theboatman
    Free Member

Whilst hoping my paternity leave would provide a good space to sell a slightly to small commuting frame, I have found myself using the 'sorry my life is now chaos due to new child' excuse 😳 Thing is, it has been chaos, but I am treating the buyer to a free set of bluemels by way of an apology, sadly he didn't want my new daughter.

rOcKeTdOg

Bluemels?

konabunny
    Free Member

Bluemels.

clubber
    Free Member

With the exception of a recent full susser frame purchase (which had almost every pivot bolt rounded off and lots of play in some of them but wasn't mentioned in the ad or our discussions aparently because the seller didn't know about because he hadn't wanted to mess about with them) I've had no real issues. I've definitely given out dome excuses when delayed in sending something but it's unusual, they were true and I did keep the buyer informed so no issues (afaik!)

hora
    Free Member

Its all good until a scammer pops up 🙁

BINNERS! What time are you back? Told you I'd stalk you old chap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, this is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth, currently over a week with no comms and no gear from someone i paid last tues… 😥
    How long before i start the witch hunt?

And, i sent out 10 items nearly 2 weeks ago, and not one buyer has confirmed receipt (not from here i admit), which is a bit off. I ALWAYS acknowledge receipt of an item, its just good manners.

hora
    Free Member

Its also all good unless you receive forks that arent as bloody described. I wont go into that though. Some folk must think my online persona transfers into real life and I would send the stuff straight back or kick up a fuss 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

The guy met us on a roundabout, little fat chap with these thick glasses (thicker than mine anyway), looked like he'd shit if you said no to him. Brilliant!

So Samurai you have met Hora too then 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Its also all good unless you receive forks that arent as bloody described.

Not that Recon I hope?

Is this a good time to remind you about those Family Guy DVDs you said you wanted?

😉

hora
    Free Member

So Samurai you have met Hora too then

Hey! I'm 5'7 not 5'3 FFS. Only 5inches off 6 foot 😀

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Pick up only isn't a seller excuse if that is what they've stated in the orginal advert/auction. **** me off (especially on e-bay) when an auction clearly states collection only to have someone bid & win, then whinge on about how do we arrange delivery. Simples, we don't, **** off.

Sold some stuff on e-bay recently including a car jack and a complete spare wheel & tyre, both collection only due to size & weight, the numbers of "how much to courier to……." enquiries were stupid.

funkynick

I think I've been reasonably lucky, although I did have one…

'No no, all that stanchion wear doesn't mean they aren't in good condition!'

hora
    Free Member

Sold some stuff on e-bay recently including a car jack and a complete spare wheel & tyre, both collection only due to size & weight, the numbers of "how much to courier to……." enquiries were stupid.

I had this on 4 Toyo tyres. Lad kept on emailing me asking if I'd drop them off at his mates house 10miles away as he didn't have a car at the moment.

Then (same auction)- could I courier them to Scotland, Lakes and Kent. Surely the cost to courier wouldnt make it worth their while after they had won etc?! FFS.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i know what you mean, ive been done on ebay a few times. it think people know they cant afford the item but it is like a drug to see if they can win it

hora
    Free Member

Thats the problem 'win' (the wording).

Its akin to gambling addiction. The high, etc.

duckman

On that note,whoever it was papal gifted me £20 last Friday PLEASE get your wife to check her emails,I don't have your address!

ski
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

Excuses from some sellers.

1.Girlfriend/wife/lover…is ill sorry couldn't post.
    2.I need to get a box so I can send.
    3.My camera has just broken.
    4.No I don't have any pictures.
    5.Pick up only.

Buyers.
    1. will you swap for a xbox and £30.
    2. text speak.

lol – sounds like they are all aged 12!

hora
    Free Member

Txt speak etc. I had a lad who wanted to buy a frame off me, his emails ready really badly. Really worried me. I told him the frame was no longer available to avoid dealing with him as I actually thought he was after my address etc to dick me over or nobble me etc in a meeting place.

Persistent lad…In the end I got him on the phone, we met. I turned up with a friend and so did he. (We laughed as we both realised this)… Turns out he had little time for email, skilled craftsman and he was also worried about meeting him to mug him for his money 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

lol – sounds like they are all aged 12!

You lot better not try to sell anything on Pinkbike.

"Will you swap for my jump bike/Stinky/PSP?"

bruneep

Have you ever tried to sell anything on SDH. 🙄 Good lord it's like a school playground.

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing but good experience from these 'ere classifieds (so far).
    And I've bought A LOT of stuff 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Txt speak etc. I had a lad who wanted to buy a frame off me, his emails ready really badly.

How unfortunate.

hora
    Free Member

Falls onto short sword and commits Grammar Seppuku

molgrips
    Free Member

I once won an ebay auction for a 4 track minidisc recording machine thing from a bloke, a few weeks passed but didn't hear anything. Got an email from his sister – apparently he'd died. He was an alcoholic priest, and his drinking had been getting worse so he'd lost his job and was having to sell all his stuff to pay for booze.. the 4 track had been used as part of his previous life making happy music for church etc… He'd gone to his family home that Thanksgiving, got drunk and died from alcohol related causes during the night. I finally got the item (although I didn't press for it naturally) and on the minidisc in the machine was a dead man singing (quite nicely) about love and Jesus. Kind of creepy really.

The world is a confusing, sad and somewhat ironic place…

DezB
    Free Member

..in the machine was a dead man singing 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Comedy Excuses from The Classifieds’ is closed to new replies.