Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • What’s good on Prime then?
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Goliath

simono5

This is Us…..thought it was pretty incredible.

doomanic

Hacksaw Ridge is free to view on Prime at the moment.

nuke

Gonna throw this one in the ring that’s not been mentioned but you’ll either love it or hate it: The Marvellous Mrs Maisel…not a fan of her actual standup sequences but the set, costume etc are great. Loved it when they all went to the Catskills but that’s a later season. Parents are brilliant, as is Susie her agent.

doomanic

+1 for The Marvellous Mrs Maisel.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Absentia, The Mentalist and Supernatural are all more than binge-worthy.

tenfoot

+2 for Mrs Maisel

Last night we watched Everything Everywhere All At Once. Great film starring Michelle Yeoh.

13 Lives is worth a watch too.

mattyfez

New Lord of the rings series is off to a strong start… Very good so far.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up about Sprung. Enjoying it so far 😁

👍

garage-dweller

Under no circumstances should you waste 90mimutes of your life on Moonfall.

It makes Independence Day look credible.

somafunk

Agree with above

kayak23

Hannah is currently seeming quite good.

doomanic

The Recruit is pretty good.

Currently re-binging Person Of Interest on Freevee.

prettygreenparrot

Hanna was quite good. Nice extension to the movie.

Not Jack Ryan or whatever the Tom Clancy thing is. Weak.

Edit. Probably in the thread already – The Peripheral. Enjoyed that.

lambchop
    Free Member

Very much enjoying The Devils Hour, well creepy

nickjb
    Free Member

Good to have an update (as the search and menu is terrible).
    I’ve recently watched:
    The Devil’s Hour – Fantastic in more ways than one. Good twists and turns to keep you on your toes.
    The Toll – Great British dark humour. A Welsh Fargo wannabe
    The Little Things – Classic Denzel cop movie with a dark storyline
    all recommended

longdog
    Free Member

Just watching The Rig. Spooky mystery thriller type thing on a fog bound rig off Scotland.

Hardly a must watch, but when you’re sofa bound with a knackered ankle you can’t be too choosy.

Prime has definitely been failing me lately (but we have it for deliveries etc) , may need to try a month on Netflix to see what new.

chakaping
    Free Member

30 Rock is available on “freevee” on Prime now, with some not-too-intrusive adverts.

Quite possibly the funniest, cleverest sitcom ever.

zilog6128

never seen it for some reason, I really should get around to it!

may need to try a month on Netflix to see what new.

Netflix definitely WAY better right now. There’s a handful of interesting shows on Prime, but most of their new content is very play-it-safe, lowest common denominator stuff e.g. Jack Ryan. Disney has some great new content too, though.

prettygreenparrot

Netflix definitely WAY better right now. There’s a handful of interesting shows on Prime, but most of their new content is very play-it-safe, lowest common denominator stuff e.g. Jack Ryan. Disney has some great new content too, though

agreed. Disney I think is the current best value one. Followed by Netflix (Witcher and Wednesday were real fun).

Prime is tricky because like others I see it as a bonus on top of delivery. Plus it is fairly polarised – some brilliant things like Mr Robot, The Peripheral; some interesting stuff like Night Sky; some popular stuff like LOTRROP; and then the rest.

AppleTV+ has some gems, but if it weren’t for Family iCloud I’d likely not have it.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Iron Sky, The Coming Race.

BoardinBob

Sorry, but that’s Curb Your Enthusiasm not 30 Rock, although it is good

chrisyork

Not watched Prime in ages since we got a Discovery+ subscription…. ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED to Alaskan Bush People!

shermer75
    Free Member

The Boys then cancel

jonofthefish
    Free Member

Have done with Prime so trying out iPlayer, 4OD etc.
    Just finished, on BBC iPlayer, Series 1 of Happy Valley, really good👍

chrisyork

I started watching The Boys then it got insanely mindlessly violent and lost interest!

Literally had no ideas when that guy was just going to zap people in two with his eyes… it was just a bit far fetched for me.

Much rather watch Peep Show – who wouldn’t!

garage-dweller

Started watching The Rig tonight. Hoping it’s not going to be as dreary as the last couple of things I started on Netflix.

Before that spent a very pleasant couple of hours watching music videos through YT music with one of my sons who has similarly loud tastes while Mrs gd and the other son were out. Actually a much better way to waste an evening than most of the TV we’ve watched this week.

CountZero

So many things people mention, like The Blacklist I was watching ages ago on one of the Sky channels.

The only thing I made a point of signing up for was The Periferal, now season one has finished, I’m cancelling, but I’ll sign up again for season two. I don’t buy enough stuff from Amazon to justify forking out for Prime, and I just don’t have the time or inclination to watch hours of telly – I’ve got entire seasons of stuff already recorded that I haven’t watched yet.

thols2

I started watching The Boys then it got insanely mindlessly violent and lost interest!

It’s definitely not for you then.

The Peripheral was good, although I don’t really understand what happened.

vlad_the_invader

Agreed. Binge watched it over a few evenings last week…though it’s on Netflix not Prime if anyone else is looking out for it. It sort of morphed from a comedy about a dysfunctional CIA into a more regular spy/action thriller…

thols2

Yes, it’s better than I expected. Utterly stupid comedy/thriller, I think having a likeable cast made the difference.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry, but that’s Curb Your Enthusiasm not 30 Rock, although it is good

We may have to agree to differ on that one, though I drifted away from Curb about 15 years ago I think.

Which streaming service is it on?

Another vote for Hanna. A few ep’s into S1 at the moment and enjoying it

sirromj

I quite enjoyed Tales from the Loop. Sci-Fi based influenced by the artwork of Simon Stålenhag. It’s mostly quite gentle by modern standards.

halifaxpete

Hunters season 2 next Friday (13th) Enjoyed S1 afew years ago.

MartynS

I liked tales from the loop.. slow sci-fi with a story you had to concentrate on.

hanna is bloody brilliant

handmaids tale.. epic but hard going

want to try peripheral

Jack ryan might be another…

mattyfez

I really can’t get into peripheral.. I can’t get through the first episode without switching to something else… it’s just got too much of a dull generic american teeny bopper drama vibe to it.

The Rig is worth a watch in a lot of ways, but let down by some poorly written characters.

I’ll have a go at tales from the loop, it might be my thing… I’ve avoided Hanna as I assume it’s a crappy spin off from the film/ she’s like an assasin or something?

kayak23

I’ve avoided Hanna as I assume it’s a crappy spin off from the film/ she’s like an assasin or something?

I’ve run out of Hannahs! 😭😭😭
    I loved it.
    What next?

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.