Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • What to do… (Lying tenant content)
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Did I insult you at all? I may be many things, including being an idiot at times, but on this occasion, I’d have to disagree with you.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

If you think there are laws that prevent a landlord discussing things like this, then I think ‘idiot’ is quite a reasonable word for it.

However, I think the truth is worse than that. You probably know full well that you’re talking tripe, but you think that by throwing in posts like that, you might be able to sneak a point into the argument that has no basis in fact whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I, and many others that post on here, are very familiar with the law in this arena, so you’re insulting our intelligence by suggesting such!

Unless I should have signed some sort of Hippocratic oath to become a landlord that I wasn’t aware of… 🙄

wwaswas

<mod>
    I think that’s about enough with the personal insults now. Play nicely, or don’t play.
    </mod>

No, please Mitch, …. Idiot.

*coughs*

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve been called far worse in earlier posts wwaswas.

Jesus

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Cue Thread closed in 5… 4..

edit: thanks spellingtrackworld.

Jamie
    Free Member

Que Thread closed in 5… 4..

Cue?

Collins Dictionary.

wwaswas

Que?

Manuel

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Que sera, sera…

Doris Day

nealglover
    Free Member

A woman that deliberately and calculatedly lied to trick a landlord into renting her a property that was clearly advertised as not accepting pets?

Or to look at it another way.

A landlord that agreed to ignore the part of the contract that was clearly advertised as not accepting pets, and rent to a woman who had a pet.

You showed weakness and she took advantage.

And seeing you try and get all “Mr hardballl landlord” to try and save face, it looks like she’s winning too.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

The thing is, shibboleth, I have already stated that I agreed, to a point, with your original post. The concerns I pointed out were to do with your continued insults regarding your tenants looks, and the fact that you were outlining your intentions on a public forum, rather than doing so directly with the tenant, which may, how shall I put this, complicate matters. As far as my intelligence, or lack of same, is concerned, I’d like to point out that a: you don’t know the first thing about me, and b: if you’re simply trying to be the alpha male, then congratulations sir, well done.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Mitch, let me remind you…

I really can’t be bothered googling tenancy laws, but I’m fairly sure that your continued insistence on telling all and sundry on a public forum that you’re going to increase her rent, coupled with repeated insults regarding her looks, could land you in it.

So, I’ve challenged you to find me some laws that back up these wild claims you like to make. Any joy yet?

And while you’re googling, please can you find me a law that prevents me describing her as having a face that only a mother would love?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Cock has Coop to Rent

Jamie
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

Shibboleth is Jamie’s alter ego and this whole charade has been orchestrated so that he could use that new squabbling minions gif..

I am Tyler Durden and I claim £5

Jamie
    Free Member

That is an outrageous lie, Yunki.

Cheers,

Shibboleth

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I already stated that I couldn’t be bothered googling tenancy laws, so take it as read that I don’t have any knowledge of them. The point I’m trying to make, which you seem determined to ignore, is that it’s not ok for you to continue insulting this woman and discussing her personal situation on a public forum. If there are no legal boundaries being broken here, then in my opinion, what you’re doing is morally questionable. With regard to you calling me an Idiot, I’d rather you didn’t do that again. As has previously been stated, play nicely…

glupton1976
    Free Member

(for the record, I’m a strong 9 out of 10.)

I’d say you’re underselling yourself with that.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘What to do… (Lying tenant content)’ is closed to new replies.