Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 177 total)
  • What to do… (Lying tenant content)
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Fascist Landlord.

Jerzei Balowski

(you will need to be of a certain age to get that one)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Ernie, you’ve never been one of the more intelligent members of this forum, but I think if you read the whole thread, even you would be able to understand that the outcome has been very much swayed by suggestions from other people.

The main reason I posted was, despite being a landlord for many years, I’ve never rented property myself, so I wanted the opinions of people who rented, people who owned dogs, other landlords. Similar sort of thing to most of the threads on here, they canvass opinions and tap into the incredible shared knowledge of the forum’s membership.

Posts like yours serve no purpose other than to try and cause trouble on an otherwise useful and lighthearted thread. So why not run along, there’s a good silly little man.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes I think unpleasant and vindictive is probably a good description.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Posts like yours serve no purpose other than to try and cause trouble on an otherwise useful and lighthearted thread.

Thankfully you would never do such a thing now would you

Its funny [ tragedy obviously] reading folk objecting to their modus operandi.

franksinatra

Not quite sure why dogs are discriminated agianst more than say children. I’ve never had a dog that’s writen on the walls!

I’ve never had kids who chew the table leg or roll in fox crap then lay on the carpet.

wwaswas

(you will need to be of a certain age to get that one)

*puts teeth in, smiles, wanders off muttering*

Old Man Steptoe

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Yes I think unpleasant and vindictive is probably a good description.

Bitter and disdainful of anyone that seems to have achieved anything in life would probably be a good description of you Ernest. I suspect you’re one of those perpetual under-achievers that lives his life feeling persecuted by people like landlords. 🙄

Coniston Old Man

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve never had kids who chew the table leg or roll in fox crap then lay on the carpet.

You’ve never met my kids then! 😳

franksinatra

You hide it well fella. All I see is an unpleasant vindictive person. And I don’t see what the point of this thread is other than perhaps to show everyone how ‘tough’ you are.

How do you manage to a angry over a thread like this, I read it as funny, light hearted banter?

Ask yourself honestly, do you have a sense of humour?

footflaps

If I was a landlord I wouldn’t allow pets. We’ve got two cats and they’ve absolutely trashed the hall / stair carpet in under a year, not to mention the sofas, cushions – in fact anything they can get their claws in….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How do you manage to a angry over a thread like this

Angry ? Why would I be angry ? 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

“I’m not referring to allowing the lying bitch to sleep”

Can’t beat a bit of light hearted banter!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

you need to feed her to the dogs or vice versa

…and film it ….

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Angry ? Why would I be angry ?

I don’t know, why don’t you tell the audience…

Jeremy Kyle

nealglover
    Free Member

… from a purely personal point of view, I’m not the sort of person that lets someone get one over on me!

This seems to be what’s causing the most problem here.

You need to win!

It’s very easy to sort out the actual issue, a bit of extra deposit to sort out extra cleaning if needed. Job done.

All the other crap about 28 days and £40 extra a month, reserve the right to do whatever.

That’s just you throwing your weight around.

hora
    Free Member

Its Billy Balofski!

Rick Mayal.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

And I wholeheartedly reserve the right to do just that when someone lies through their teeth to try and trick me. 😉

Chuck Norris

nealglover
    Free Member

And I wholeheartedly reserve the right to do just that when someone lies through their teeth to try and trick me.

Just sort out the actual issue like an adult, and move on.

No need to be a bellend about it.

aracer
    Free Member

ts funny [ tragedy obviously] reading folk objecting to their modus operandi.

That’s a strawman 😉

hora
    Free Member

Wow a couple of angry insultive pre-teens on here.

Peter O’Toole.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

After sleeping on it, I’m going to insist on payment for deep clean up front, and say she has 28 days to rehouse the 2 extra dogs, and if she doesn’t, I’ll reserve the right to take further action on the basis of breach of contract.

You have no legal powers to do any of this, and if you do it anyway, you’ll find yourself with a criminal record.

Cougar

<mod>
    I think that’s about enough with the personal insults now. Play nicely, or don’t play.
    </mod>

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

To be fair Shibboleth, I can empathise with your initial post, but your subsequent posts just seem increasingly arsey. Are you responding to ‘advice’ from other posters, or are you just trying to prove your superiority? And accusing Ernie of being an ‘underachiever’ simply adds to your forum persona.
    Also, regarding your repeated assertions that this woman is ugly, just how much of a hottie are you? Pictures or it didn’t happen, and form an orderly queue chaps and chappeses.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think the Dead Kennedys said it best

Is the OP related to this charmer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_van_Hoogstraten

Junkyard
    Free Member

That’s a strawman

* APPLAUDS*

footflaps

You have no legal powers to do any of this, and if you do it anyway, you’ll find yourself with a criminal record.

WTF?

He didn’t say what action he’d take, lots of legitimate options available.

franksinatra

After sleeping on it, I’m going to insist on payment for deep clean up front, and say she has 28 days to rehouse the 2 extra dogs, and if she doesn’t, I’ll reserve the right to take further action on the basis of breach of contract.

Paying up front for cleaning is fair enough, getting rid of the dogs though is disproportionate and unlikely to happen. You have cleaning money, deposit and rights of inspection, why bother loosing a tenant over this?

yunki
    Free Member

At first i used to get offended that the forum could harbour such an arch and Dickensian character.. Until I came to realise that Shibboleth is just that.. A character, an alternative log in.. A figment of another forum member’s sordid imagination

Gripper Stebson

mikey3
    Free Member

Dig a basement.

Josef Fritzl

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

I think you are making a Labrador mountain out of Chihuahua poo 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Paying up front for cleaning is fair enough, getting rid of the dogs though is disproportionate and unlikely to happen.

When she rang me and admitted to lying, she said she’d been trying to rehouse 2 of the dogs prior to moving in, but hadn’t had any luck which is why she was forced to lie. So I asked her if she still intended to rehouse them, and she said she was.

So, either a) This is her intention in which case it’s perfectly reasonable for me to put a time limit on this to avoid unnecessary wear/tear/damage to my property;
    or b) She has no intention of getting rid of them, in which case she’s still taking the piss out of me.

Yunki

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I have read the entire thread, and i can see both sides of this coin.

Yes you were lied to, you are bound to be concerned over a repeat of this, and at the same time annoyed.

I think the up front cleaning is reasonable, but as others have said the extra £pcm and 28 days maybe a little much and i can see why you’ve (planned to) request that, i just think maybe you should reconsider.

I think you could be in a worse situation as others have said. Yes she has lied and this is by no means any justification for lying, but.. she has probably been a little desperate in finding somewhere that will house her. If she has come from a break up as someone suggested, then this will have added to an awful situation for her. She has dogs that dog owners will understand are as loved as family members, so she didn’t know what else she could do. She may have lied because she was desperate, not because she was an impulsive liar who was trying to get one over on you. If this is nipped in the bud then chances are you’ll have a good tenant. The fact that she has rung you to apologize and paid a 6 month up front deposit surely sends signals of what kind of person she is?

As you say though, you need to be sure of that rather than just instinct, i’m just suggesting another angle to view from that is all.

iolo
    Free Member

The OP’s just trying to squeeze more money out of what sounds to be a decent tenant. He really doesn’t care about the woman’s feelings. He wants hard cash. He knows she will pay him extra money as long as she can keep the extra 2 dogs. End of. I won’t swear or I’ll get banned but you get the drift of how I feel about him.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

How would she feel if she read this? Do you think that she may end up using your comments against you? This is, after all, a public forum. If outlining your intentions to increase her rent wasn’t bad enough, your repeated assertions regarding her ugliness certainly are. I’d tread a bit more carefully, to be honest. Then again, this could be just another troll.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

a decent tenant

A woman that deliberately and calculatedly lied to trick a landlord into renting her a property that was clearly advertised as not accepting pets?

I’m not sure how that constitutes decent. She’s dishonest. The only reason she paid 6 months up front is because I insisted on the basis that she has no regular income. And, she’s got a face like a melted wellie!

(for the record, I’m a strong 9 out of 10.)

Bradley Cooper

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I really can’t be bothered googling tenancy laws, but I’m fairly sure that your continued insistence on telling all and sundry on a public forum that you’re going to increase her rent, coupled with repeated insults regarding her looks, could land you in it. You’re her landlord, that’s all. If you’re so wound up, then cancel her tenancy – it seems that you have grounds to do so.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

And, she’s got a face like a melted wellie!

Irrelevant. And you wonder why you get some of the responses you do on here….

A woman that deliberately and calculatedly lied to trick a landlord

Shes a lady with 3 small dogs, shes not the joker..

Be realistic and you may find more people agree with your thought processes.

kimbers

I said to myself I wouldnt get sucked in but…………………. Yunki summed it up a while ago

Im pretty sure shib is trolling – he just enjoys winding up reasonable people

wwaswas

Shiboleth – it does seem like your just trying to wind up people who disagree with you now.

You’ve worked out what you want from the situation, have clearly got a lot of money up front from the woman and have a low opinion of both her honesty and appearance.

Is there really any more to be gained from posting on here?

Trisha

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I really can’t be bothered googling tenancy laws, but I’m fairly sure that your continued insistence on telling all and sundry on a public forum that you’re going to increase her rent, coupled with repeated insults regarding her looks, could land you in it.

No, please Mitch, let’s have a look at these laws that prevent me from discussing my options in public? Idiot.

Oprah

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘What to do… (Lying tenant content)’ is closed to new replies.