Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • what Sunglasses are people buying nowadays? from?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

First road bike and got everything bar sunglasses. Oakley rip off as far as I’m concerned. Would like red lenses if poss.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oakleys. I’ve had I cheap glasses and Oakleys really are worth the money IMO.

Edit: as for what and where from, I got some custom flak jackets from Andrew care opticians online,

kcal

Tifosis. some are photo-chromatic, some single lens, some multi-lens. About £50 generally. Default glasses for me (and I’ve got a couple of pairs of Oakleys as well).

jam-bo

i got some split jackets when vision express were doing them at 75% off.

they are very nice.

not that that helps you much.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chanel or Gucci

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Just got some of these bifocal jobbies. So far pretty impressed (with their function as sunnies and the fact that I can now view my GPS without stopping and whipping my reading glasses out!).

Bregante

What are those toxicsoks?

Haze

Very happy with my Rydons (Rudy Project)…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    What are those toxicsoks?

Dual Eyewear SL2 Pro’s. Saw a review (good) in Cycling Plus.

Bregante

Cheers. Might just give them a go.

+1 Tifosi – got some Mast Fototec that I use on the MTB and they’re great

GrahamS

Quite tempted to get some prescription glasss myself, but what do folk do for riding at night?

Multiple pairs? Or do you peer into the darkness through tinted lenses? Or do the photochromatic lenses go light enough that they are fine for night riding?

The Tifosi aren’t quite light enough for night riding. I just use a cheap pair of clear Bolle’s at night – or nothing

Spud

Can recommend Salice riding glasses. Got some 011 and the fit is great. Do a range of lenses and the folks at Salice UK have been great when I’ve asked questions, ordered.

Drac

Oakley’s form Eyewear Outlet.

Trekster

Got some Tifosi but they are no better than the £3.50 ones I got from my local M&S outlet store!
    As I tend to lose/break/scratch a few pairs per year I buy whatever I can for less than £20.
    High/wide nose bridge also dictates what is available/comfy to wear 🙄

pitduck
    Free Member

Sunwise are nice,British too 8)

Superficial
    Free Member

Depends how much of a cheapskate you are. I have a set of the “Faux-kley” jawbones from eBay and they’re actually really nice. Around £12 for frames + three sets of lenses. No one else need know they’re fake, but I felt cheap wearing counterfeit goods. After realising that the fit / style works for me, I’ve just this week upgraded them to ‘real’ Jawbones (well, racing jackets = same thing) and the difference in the frames is extremely minimal – I’d go as far as saying that the fake ones are exactly as comfy. The finish on the real oakleys is obviously nicer and the lenses are better but in use there’s practically no difference.

I guess it depends how you feel about wearing fake sunglasses, because I’m pretty convinced that the fake oakleys are better than anything else in the sub-£50 bracket.

Houns

There is someone trying to pass fake Oakleys off as real ones in the classifieds

Superficial
    Free Member

Well that’s not cool.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

Oakleys lifetime warrantee on frames make them worthwhile.
    used it twice .

eshershore
    Free Member

had many different brands of glasses for riding and casual over the years, but always coming back to Oakley

Oakley Radarlock

with 3 different lenses for different conditions

nothing comes close in terms of performance in all conditions (whether pouring rain or hot sun), long term durability and optical quality

I ride 300km+ a week so glasses are very important to me

worth every penny I paid for them…which was many pennies!

bruneep

Oakleys lifetime warrantee on frames make them worthwhile.
    used it twice .

Hmmm not the great, the silver coating on my jawbone frame (2010) was coming off in lumps best they would do was reduced price of new frame.

Still great glasses have 3 prs 8) 8) 8)

devash
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the ‘Power Race’ ones from On One? As good as Tifosi in the £20-50 price range?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m looking at some Tifosi jobbies.

However, it’s hard t look past Oakleys because the lenses are so good. I’ve ridden in my best ones on the road a few times and they’re really good.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Uvex have some excellent glasses, several of which are not dissimilar to Oakleys in design but come in at half the price or less.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

Not a joke. Wear these to be cool.

shifter
    Free Member

Not a joke. Wear these to be cool.

I beg to differ!

Any suggestions for Oakleys with slim arms to go with a full face helmet?

Superficial
    Free Member

Any suggestions for Oakleys with slim arms to go with a full face helmet?

Someone didn’t get the memo. Just… No.

brakes
    Free Member

Several cheap pairs off dealextreme. I am very prone to losing/ breaking glasses so buy a few pairs at a time for £5-10 a pair. Lots of choice.

loddrik
    Free Member

Bloc. Recommended to me on here. Can’t fault them. No way will I waste all the extra money on oakleys again.

mcnultycop

Kuota interchangeable ones off eBay. One set full of scratches on the MTB and one immaculate set for the roadie.

hot_fiat

Oakley split jackets via the psa on here a while ago where the custom website started selling stuff off mega cheap. They then ended up being free, which was nice.

Also got some flack jackets for very muddy days.

jacob46
    Free Member

Them power race & areo @onone look fantastic for the money. Mite be gettin sum of them.

Any owners?

rewski
    Free Member

Worn tifosi for years, trouble with cheap ones is the lens just scratch too easy and go dull. I’ve also just bought some tens with built in 70s instagram filter, cool 🙂

IanW
    Free Member

Normally B&Q safety glasses which are effective and comfortable so much so that I often forget I’m wearing them and @ £5 not such a tragedy when I lose them. Alternatively BLOC bought from TKMax fro £12 ish.

binners

Have you had a look at Bloc? They’re got a good range of riding glasses. I’ve had a few pairs over the years (replaced with another pair of Bloc’s when they inevitavely get left om the pub, post-ride). They’re a quality bit of kit if you don’t want to pay Oakley money

jacob46
    Free Member

Just ordered power race from onOne

HTTP404
    Free Member

Nike Vision Swag.
    Retro cool.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘what Sunglasses are people buying nowadays? from?’ is closed to new replies.