Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 247 total)
  • What stuff have you ordered and waiting to arrive?
  • cb

w00dster – DPD are taking photographs on the doorstep of deliveries so worth asking them for that. Our driver only seems to take close ups of the parcel on the floor though – did tell him that having more of the house, or at least the door number might help…

LeeW

I’ve ordered a whole loads of Danish styled building blocks from Wish, I bought a Porsche 919 before Christmas which was superb (and huge) for £38 delivered. Daughter had some Little Mermaid themed stuff where the only issue I could see was thay Sebastian looks more like a Scorpion than a lobster/crab. 🙂

I thought I’d take a punt on a few other bits, have the Mack truck coming and their version of the Liebherr digger thingy, plus some other princess themed stuff.

earl_brutus

my social distancing impulse online shopping thus far:

waiting on
    bulk order of granola from 15th march, still not dispatched
    a new saddle, tyre sealant and rim tape.
    some chris king lube so i can service my hubs.

orders arrived already:
    roval carbon wheels for the hightower
    new ugg slippers
    a north face hoodie
    18 pints of ale from the local brewers
    MXR chorus pedal for my guitar

On hold due to job uncertainty:
    Trek rail e bike

stevemcneill
    Free Member

did tell him that having more of the house, or at least the door number might help…

Problem is, everyone’s taking the door numbers off.

I’m waiting for these to enjoy with a drinking buddy

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

A new-in-box ZX Spectrum and a copy of Daley Thompson’s Decathalon.

I’m only doing it to make Cougar jealous.

chrismac

I’ve decided its service time so forks and which have been away and come back.

New pivot bearings for mine and wifes bike

Bearing pullers for the above job

Wheel bearings

If I cant ride it properly then I might as well show it some love and have it running well for when play can resume

riklegge

I ordered beer from a local brewery called Vocation, and a climbing training board from Beta blox which arrived today, very happy. In combination with Zwift, I’ve got no excuse now when the lock down ends.

ta11pau1

Woohoo, wipers have been delivered.

My car will now not be moving for a week or 2, at least. Oh well.

Priced up a luftkappe & 160mm upgrade to my forks, £175 all in so that can wait a little while.

Trying to resist buying an AMD RX 5700 to play some games on my lovely new monitor…

CountZero

A couple of items despatched before the current situation became more critical have arrived, my TWSPI GO fountain pen, and a new flashlight to replace one I lost at work, which I got through Drop. Rather tasty, it’s a Powertac E9R-G4 tactical, which uses a high-discharge 18650 battery, and puts out 2200 lumens on full power!
    What makes it tactical is the tail switch can be swapped for one with a remote switch and fitted to a gun with the appropriate mounting, unlike most of the cheap ‘tactical’ flashlights on fleabay.
    Has a really nice 50 lumen ‘moonlight’ mode that gives 50 hours usage, and it charges with a magnetic USB cable that clicks onto a charge point on the body.
    The only things I’m waiting for which I ordered the other day, and are apparently being shipped are some King Crimson items from Burning Shed – a Discipline logo patch, a Discipline album launch poster, and a tee shirt with the Red album dial logo.
    I did try to order a ‘Starless And Bible Black’ tee shirt, partly because I love the album, partly because the logo and a small graphic from the inner album sleeve were designed by one of my favourite artists, Tom Phillips, who was Brian Eno’s lecturer at art college, the small graphic has the phrase ‘this night wounds time’ a tiny fragment from Phillips work ‘A Humument – A treated Victorian novel’.
    There’s some more items in the offing, I’ve got a list of CD’s I want, and a thread on here about some small screwdrivers has led to one recommendation sitting waiting for the button to be pushed.
    Been checking out quality 18650 li-ion batteries that don’t require a re-mortgage to buy as well.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m awaiting for a reissue Espers cd (from Germany I’ve just realised) and a walking the Camino dvd (both ordered 14th).

I did order a couple of Spanish verb/grammar books the other day (hell, if we’re locked down for three months I’ll need to do something….). Funnily enough not dispatched yet!

Managing to avoid buying much at the moment (esp as you never know when they might stop).

submarined
    Free Member

16 bags of Postcrete.
    Can never be too ready.

bedmaker

Well mine arrived!

grahamt1980

Lego mainly, everything else has arrived.

ta11pau1

Hope seat clamp (red), BB bearing press kit, and BB/headset removal tool winging their way to me via Hermes.

Cane Creek Hellbender BB about to be sent as well.

And my Fox transfer dropper is on it’s way back to YT in Germany under warranty as it’s been sticking down and not fully extending since new, thought I’d take the chance to get it sorted while we’re in lockdown.

dawson

Anybody ordered from Bike discount.De recently?

I am planning on ordering some forks…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

And a full service kit for my car.

stumpyjon

New SSD for an old laptop, seamlessly upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 10 after reading advice on here. Works even without a key (time will tell and there’s plenty on Ebay for £4.99) . Now just need a faster drive that doesn’t whir like a fan. Due to arrive tomorrow from that purveyor of all things essential in a coronavirus out break, Amazon.

johndoh
    Free Member

^^^ You have bought boots when you can’t go out?

Me? I am waiting on my coffee bean order from Whittard’s – ordered a couple of days before they announced a stop on delivery of most items (including all loose coffee beans).

superleggero
    Free Member

Hopefully arriving tomorrow is a Kurt Kinetic (KK) Inride3 Bluetooth/Ant+ sensor to turn my KK Road Machine turbo trainer from a dumb one to a smart one. It should make turbo training more structured and involving once I have some numbers and graphics in front of me.

All the other gear including turbo trainer tyre and front wheel riser support are lurking in the garage. If it goes well I’ll order a heart monitor to complete the package.

More stocks of isopropyl alcohol arrived today.

falkirk-mark

15 bags of postcrete to give me something to do when I am off work

retro83
    Free Member

A bath + panel, 2 60KG+ radiators, a 40KG glass shower panel, £600 worth of tiles, about half a kitchen’s worth of units and two worktops. 😬 It was all ordered long before the lockdown.

Looking forward to lugging the rads and glass panel from the kerbside into the house on my own 😁

Wally

Handmade STW approved niche red leather tool roll from eBay.
    Fire on pop open a red and then carefully select essential tools for carrying in the motor, for when this all ends.

banks
    Free Member

My Love Honey order.
    They are like watermelons right now

bungle

A comfy office/gaming chair. Badly needed as back killing me. 3rd week of WFH, 8 hour days of IT support on ageing dining chair. Hoping my Dirt Rally times will improve too! Seen the new Colin McRae season? ‘kin hard

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Few hundred Nitrile gloves.
    Line6 POD HD5000X.
    New 510s.
    STW coffee mug and timber bell (and magazine!)
    Assist bib shorts.
    Pair of Conti 5000TL in 25mm.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

KTM rear pads which have arrived, thank you Fowlers.

KTM/Brembo/Toshiba front pads (4 per calliper, so 8 in all), from somewhere in Europe, they’re on the way.

Impulse purchase from Wiggle, some TLD 5/10 Boa’s and cleat plates, hopefully turning up tomorrow and then the hideous red/vermillion shoes along with my normal riding attire will ensure everyone gives me social distance or risk going blind😂😂😂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

and a tee shirt with the Red album dial logo.

Great call. I might need one too. Been playing the Thrak box set a lot lately.

kelvin

A new-in-box ZX Spectrum and a copy of Daley Thompson’s Decathalon.

Be careful, your fingers aren’t as young as the once were.

Starless And Bible Black

Have you got the Cross/Fripp album “Starless Starlight”…? Is very good.

Tracey

My Singletrack order arrived today 😁 so the girls won’t need to worry for Fathers Day and with a bit of luck my Gin Club delivery will be tomorrow.

qwerty
    Free Member

Shimano RT66 rotor in 180mm flavor as the current ones worryingly thin.

BadlyWiredDog

We ordered a 10-litre beer box from our awesome local Howard Town Brewery, which was then randomly and unexpectedly delivered by our physio in his liveried van. It was all quite disconcerting, but not unwelcome.

robowns
    Free Member

I’m ordering nothing,did you know there is a national emergency?

Bit more complicated than that bud. Got an incinerator coming so I can get rid of the hedge trimmings.

ditch_jockey

Ordered a Saris S3 on Saturday night – showing as ‘in stock’ on bikeshop website. By Monday morning, that had changed to ‘end April Delivery’, and has now rolled back to ’23 June”. Bit of a ‘first world’ problem undoubtedly, but it would have been nice to get sooner, so I can get Mrs DJ set up with her bike to use over the next few weeks.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nothing ordered currently. But staying in for 3 weeks means I have a few quid to spend on a new surfboard. I fancy something around 6ft 2 and 35 litres of which there’s plenty of choice. It makes buying a new bike look easy. But do I buy now or hope for a corona virus sale when shops need to shift a few boards that would have sold over Easter?

takisawa2

5 litres of Isopropyl to make some hand sanitizer.
    Seller claims it’s been sent but nothing after 10 days. 🙂 I bought from the same seller previously so thought it a safe bet.

CountZero

@eddiebaby – arrived this morning! The weather for the weekend dictates that I will be wearing the tee shirt tomorrow, and I might well sit out in the sunshine and sew the Discipline patch onto my little canvas bag that I take everywhere.
    The poster, on the other hand, will have to wait until I can organise a suitable frame.
    It all came packed into a nice hefty cardboard tube, as well, so easy for the nice postie to leave on the doorstep!

Something else I ordered was a bunch of plastic side-release buckles; I’ve got some Eagle Creek nylon travel belts, had them for years, but the buckles break after a while, and similar cam-lock buckles don’t seem to be available, or at least, several hours cumulatively searching the interwebz hasn’t found any, so I’ve got some side-release buckles which also arrived this morning, so I spent this afternoon removing the old buckles and stitching the new ones onto the nylon webbing belts. I’ve also got hold of some more webbing with reflective strips in to make some more belts. Nice and easy to do, perfect for shorts, last for donks! 😁

Northwind

My trusty cheapo Lidl wireless multi tool packed in and I discovered that Draper sell the exact same tool for £35, plus the batteries are compatible with some of their other 10.8v stuff so just waiting for that and a 3/8th cordless ratchet. Won’t be very powerful but still, handy things especially when there’s not much space- break the bolt loose by hand if need be then spin it out by POWAH rather than with a million tiny ratchets

MoreCashThanDash

Singletrack t-shirt arrived yesterday, only waiting for some Uberbike brake pads due tomorrow

dirkpitt74

My Screwfix delivery of some LED lamps, screws and a 10″ adjustable spanner.

My eBay order of a DeWalt storage box – deciding if I should that or my orange Peli-case as my new toolbox.

Oh and my 6’x3′ garden store – just need to sort out clearing the area it’s going in and putting the slabs down…..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Boots arrived. They were a good deal. So I’ll flog my various DMs to pay for them.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 247 total)

The topic ‘What stuff have you ordered and waiting to arrive?’ is closed to new replies.