Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What online sites for investing?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’m thinking of investing some cash (not much, just as much as I’m happy to lose if it all goes wrong) and have been having a quick look at where i can do that online. Hargreaves Lansdowne looks like a good option, are there any others you guys use that you’d recommend?

Cheers

Ricks

Stoner
    Free Member

we have a number of accounts at share.com

not 100% intuitive platform, but seems to work OK, and telephone support is faultless. Fees are reasonable. Mobile app is not v functional but depends on your trading activity as to whether that matters (same with fees)

surfer
    Free Member

I use Interactive Investor iii.co.uk

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

iWeb are cheap. £25 joining fee for everything except SIPPS and then no more custody fees for shares or funds. £5 dealing fee per trade. They’ve improved their website and the research ain’t bad. You can still use HL or other sites for your research if needed…
    HL costs nothing to join though their trades are expensive as are some of their custody fees.

footflaps

We use Tilney Best Invest and Hargreaves Lansdown. HL has the best website I’ve come across so far, but their fees are higher than most – as with most things, you get what you pay for.

poolman
    Free Member

Equiniti here, iii for the forums and lse for info.

Some of the cheap sub 10 gbp trade platforms may mark up trade prices to compensate for lack of fee income.

Dont do speculative punts its a get a bit richer v slowly game. If u get burnt early on it will put you off for life. Stick to the widely traded stocks and post up here your results, if you dare…

nickjb
    Free Member

When you say investing are you planning on actively trading shares or sticking it in a fund and leaving it there for a few years?

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers Guys,

Yes – this is long term investment. I’ve been playing around with non-cash platforms for the last 12 months, and am confident enough to start using my own money.

I’m keen to find something that is as intuitive to use as BUX, but a lot more expansive in the fund range available.

Cheers

Ricks

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Some of the cheap sub 10 gbp trade platforms may mark up trade prices to compensate for lack of fee income.

I can’t say I’ve noticed that with iweb, or Charles Stanley or AJB You invest.
    I use ADVFN to check the real time prices of shares and recent trades.
    Fund prices can be easily checked as they are only valued once a day.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I used HL for the shares I have, but I was new to it so seemed a good option, but since then I know there are others about, cheaper fees etc. HL charge £11.95 I think for standard share dealing.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

HL aren’t a bad place to start at all, and I still hold shares with them. As said above, their research and trading tools are second to none.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Santander Investment Hub

allthepies
    Free Member

I use the iWeb platform for an ISA and a SIPP. Easy to use and competitive pricing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What online sites for investing?’ is closed to new replies.