• This topic has 58 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • What new albums have disappointed you?
  • flange
    Free Member

And the Killers are rubbish. Barr their first album

skiboy
    Free Member

Muse = tosh (unless you loved queen)

David Gray = no explination needed/should have known better

headfirst
    Free Member

The new Editors album is a step in the wrong direction. Thank god for spotify (although it didn't stop me pre-ordering AM's 'humbug', d'oh!)

twohats
    Free Member

miaowing_kat – Member

the most recent Mogwai and Isis albums. I can persevere with the former but can't stand to listen to Wavering Radiant any more. Thank God for Spotify!

Wavering Radiant, meandering b0ll0cks more like! After having high hopes about it, its such a let down. Don't suppose they'll ever touch the greatness that was Panopticon.

The new Clutch album, Strange Cousins From The West, is another let down, especially as it was billed as a return to form. I want to like it but repeated plays are doing nothing for me, great packaging though…

hora
    Free Member

A.F.I's new album. WHAT THE ****? Have they mellowed too much?!!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Fu Manchu's latest offering's havent been as good as what they should have been – let's hope next week's new album will be…

mike_p
    Free Member

Kate Bush's last album, Ariel: Pretentiousness and self-indulgence are fine if you end up with a "The Kick Inside" or a "Hounds of Love", but this crap is inexcusable. And it's a double CD!

stumpy01

DNRiviera….yep, I know the Gorillaz is quite an old album. But, as I bought it in the last couple of years, it was erm….new to me when I bought it, even if it wasn't newly released. Erm….something.

Keva
    Free Member

Super Furry Animals – Dark Days Light Years
    Eels – Hombre Lobo

both a bit of let down, don't and won't get played much.

Kev

julianwilson
    Free Member

Funny that, I am loving the new super furries album!

Spotify is a wonderful invention, I have saved lots of spending and/or downloading by finding albums less than good.

Recently I have been disappointed by the new Plaid album. And also despite being a huuuge fan, I wasn't that taken with the new Muse one either 🙁

IdleJon

Keva – Member

Eels – Hombre Lobo

I always find that with Eels albums, and then he'll release a live album with the same songs on and they sound like classics. I haven't listened to Hombre Lobo much, but then I have to be in a certain mood to listen to E. 🙁

CountZero

Why is it considered pretentious to suggest music by artists that others may not have heard of? Surely that's the whole bloody point! Otherwise they just have to listen to Radio 2. 6Music and The Word are my constant sources of new music, I'm constantly making notes of new artists. Fanfarlow, First Aid Kit and Taken By Trees are just three I've heard recently, plus Henry Thomas, a black blues singer from America, who's song Bulldozer Blues was covered by Canned Heat. It was recorded in 1927…
    Bought Mumford & Son last weekend, and I'm loving it, but Sweet Billy Pilgrim's album was disappointing, and I have taken albums back over the last year or so. Can't remember names now, tho'

Dimmadan
    Free Member

AFI Crash Love is brilliant, totally love it.

New Brand New album Daisey is also brilliant.
    Waiting on the new Skunk Anansie album, can't wait especially as I am seeing them in November.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have to admit to not even bothering with the new Isis album. I have been a big fan of theirs from their very first e.p. and album, and to begin with they evolved with each and every release but around Panopticon, they began to stagnate and …absence of truth was a little dull.

Personally I love the new Alice in Chains.

I think the biggest let down for me is the new Clutch, but their albums tend to be growers so I'll reserve judgement

robgarrioch

On reflection, 10,000 Days is easily my least played Tool album, nowhere near the 'journey' experience of previous albums.

Find most Green Day albums start off great, play twice, then never again- no staying power!

metalheart
    Free Member

Not exactly impressed with The Cribs.

Fortunately I'm liking Noah and the Whale (got them both at the same time…)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Keva – Member

Eels – Hombre Lobo

I always find that with Eels albums, and then he'll release a live album with the same songs on and they sound like classics. I haven't listened to Hombre Lobo much, but then I have to be in a certain mood to listen to E.

Hombre Lobo was a grower for me, although I'm always disappointed when he does another "just guitars"-type album instead of a more samples-type one… if you see what I mean!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Not new, but the last GnR album was a real cackfest

Haven't been that disappointed since I bought Deep Purples "Come Taste The Band"

hora
    Free Member

Dimmadan – Member

AFI Crash Love is brilliant, totally love it. Its wishy-washy though? (compared to their old material). Even his voice has lost some of its old timba'

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘What new albums have disappointed you?’ is closed to new replies.