Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Four stolen bikes on Ebay
  • sobriety
    Free Member

I know the original owner of one of those bikes. please no 1 contact the guy. its all being dealt with. local bike shop is also helping out.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

This guy looks a bit 'funny' and i dont like the way he is holding this kids shoulders. Something not quite right about it.

I am going to go round to his house later with some mates to kick the sh!t out of him and burn his house down. Anyone coming?

FuzzyWuzzy

@Pinkstiffee – there's been a number of successful recoveries of stolen bikes from eBay ads (with cash on collection type deals). Sure just flagging up any ad with bad spelling isn't going to help but I know if I'd had my bikes nicked I'd appreciate people posting up the more dodgy ones (i.e. bad spelling combined with details only a non-biker would post, other suspicious auctions, new user etc.). Why don't you just ignore such threads rather than post complete crap like your above one?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Lets just pop down to Wales, meet the chap, discuss things like adults and ask him to take the cycles back to where he found them. That way everybody wins and no harm has been done. Just another day in la la land ………

tinsy
    Free Member

My lovely bike and my wifes has been knicked, and I am very glad of threads like this, even if nothing comes of it, its well worth highlighting just in case, and if not we still get to laugh at stuntjumper.

aracer
    Free Member

PinkStiffee – you would appear no to have even bothered to read the rest of the thread before posting all that – otherwise you might have noticed the statement that one definitely is stolen. No surprises though, as whatever you seem to think, it did look as dodgy as anything.

MrAgreeable

Even if the seller offers "Cash on collection" that is no guarantee that a bike isn't stolen. You credit these people with way too much intelligence. 🙄

epo-aholic
    Free Member

mmmmmm, still no bids

Abdujaparov
    Free Member

I had my bike stolen. Saw it on ebay. Went around to the "seller's" house and retrieved the bike.

E bay were useless. I would say they dont give a toss.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I wish I'd had ebay and the interweb, when my Orange c16r (in red, with grey z3's in West Sussex – in case you have it now) was nicked several years ago

If they were young enough to reproduce when they nicked it, I'd have made certain their chances of reproducing their criminal genes in the future were dim.

And to the doubters of the thread – very high spirited, but sometimes, if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it probably isn't a ready frozen 18 il pre stuffed Turkey. It's probably a duck.

j_me
    Free Member

My lovely bike and my wifes has been knicked..

Stolen wifes…on ebay…..where will it all end ?!?

Konastoner
    Free Member

UPDATE:

Apparently the 4 bikes had been stripped and rebuilt to look different from what was stolen, the guy who was selling them claims he had nothing to do with the thefts(as usual). They have at least 2 in custody and the police are closing in on who they suspect is the main one, they are expecting there could be quite a cache. If anyone has had a bike pinched from Cwmcarn in the last 3-4 months it is well worth getting in touch with Newport / Gwent police. I know there was a recent spate of thefts, and even an attempted theft while a rider was sleeping in the car they were trying to nick the bike off!

peteimpreza

Excellent news.

mcbazza
    Free Member

@Konastoner:
    Good news.

And, all 4 bikes now magically missing from ebay.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bit of a turn up for the books!

I notice the nay-sayers have gone a bit quiet too…………

pendlechris
    Free Member

Good result…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

What's the STW collective thoughts on the best approach to deal with stolen bikes (or suspected stolen) on ebay.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

What's the STW collective thoughts on the best approach to deal with stolen bikes (or suspected stolen) on ebay

Posting dodgy listings to the forum seems like a very good idea (just ignore the nay-sayers). As has been the case before the bikes were stolen.

samuri
    Free Member

Stolen wifes…on ebay…..where will it all end ?!?

Mine's down at Sainsburies right now. She's not locked up and does not have an alarm system fitted. I don't know what her serial number is so if anyone fancies running off with her I'll never be able to trace her.

vinnyeh

Mine's down at Sainsburies right now. She's not locked up and does not have an alarm system fitted. I don't know what her serial number is so if anyone fancies running off with her I'll never be able to trace her.

Sounds like you're setting things up for an insurance claim there.
    Do I need a key for her ignition? 😈

knott4me
    Free Member

im a rich dislexic & sell shit loads on ebay or at least i did.

molgrips
    Free Member

Were any of them a Pace RC300, Fisher Cake or Patriot with 66s?

j_me
    Free Member

you never know if they are being

….. stripped and rebuilt to look different from what was stolen

….. you could be onto a winner 😉

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Trust me, they're all fitted with an ear piercing alarm system!

FoxyChick
    Free Member
    Mikkel
    Free Member

They even nicked the papers it came with from leisure lake.

kayakingricht
    Free Member

i don't like the point the finger, but these look like dodgy bikes too. i think it's the fact the person advertising the bike obviously knows nothing about bikes and if you owned these bikes you just would.
    i agree with person above that we are not saying they are stolen, but they look dodgy and does anyone recognise them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220467276989&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220466127414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Four stolen bikes on Ebay’ is closed to new replies.