Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 4,418 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • mick_r

Wow – framebuilder corner tonight! Don – was it you exhibiting at Bespoked the other year? Unfortunately I didn’t go that year, but think we might have accosted you one year earlier when you were riding the road / folder version to the second venue in Bristol. That was my favourite bike of the whole show (even though you weren’t exhibiting)!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hey mick yeah that may be us! We had the orange and blue folders at bespoked.

Mowgli
    Free Member

That’s amazing! Can’t quite figure out how the drive axle gives you gears and a freewheel though – is it a custom hub?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hey mowglie have a look for some videos on our page here… If you do Facebook. If not let me know and can try upload some videos here!

https://www.facebook.com/TBikes-983643645051118/

jonm81

Thanks Kayak.

Mick, yeah columbus zona for the main tubes with headtube and dropouts from Paragon Machine Works. Main tubes are tig’ed with bridges and braces brazed.

I’m about to start another frame which will be built with a carbon Lefty into a light xc mile muncher. Hopefully have that one finished early next month.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Jonm81… Your frame looks awesome really good work. My TBike is also tig welded but with T45 tube.

Frame building is really satisfying 🙂 I love the colour too.

I have always wanted to build a bike with a lefty…. Perhaps one day I will throw one on my TBike for the ultimate weird build!

I love this thread it keeps on giving

avdave2

Some great things since I last looked at the thread but the bindicator strikes me as the pinnacle of human achievement – you need to get marketing them ready for fathers day, no middle aged man should be without one.

ajantom

From this….

To this….

kayak23

Very nice axe. 👌

BigJohn

A pedal strike on DonCorleoni’s bike would be a bit of a stopper.

CountZero

@kayak23 – love the swift boxes, I’d like to put some like that underneath my gutters, there aren’t anywhere near enough swifts around now; it’s the real sound of summer for me, swifts chasing each other around the houses screaming their little heads off!

colournoise

Not really a make, more a fix, hack and improvement.

I’ve got a couple of these little Fuji XP cameras. Love them for point and shoot work (and the fact that they have a Fujicolor mode for the nostalgia kicks).

The only thing I don’t like about them (and it’s a bit of a showstopper for me) is the plastic lens cover scratches really easily and fogs your pictures horribly. This happened to both of my XP130s and led to their early retirement.

Cue some fiddly disassembly, component removal, bonding and Sugru work. I’ve now got an XP130 with a 37mm filter mount on it, meaning I can just swap out the filter if it gets scratched. Might be a little less water resistant than it was but not much, and still better than a ‘normal’ compact anyway. The payoff is the ability to play with filters and the fact I now have (thanks to bastardising the two cases of the cameras I had) a nice stealth black camera rather than the garish colours the XP comes in as stock.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Might be the first of many crochet projects during this time…

AlexSimon

Ace – best thread ever!

Funnily enough, I’m busier with work than ever as some companies have got time to consider websites, rebrands, etc that normally they are too busy for.

So I might not be able to contribute much, but I’ll be checking in eagerly looking for all your creations!

mahowlett
    Free Member

I made a small back pack and a messenger bag, really enjoying leather working at the moment, loads of stitching but very satisfying…

scc999

@mahowlett – where do you get the leather from?

Loving this thread – nothing I make comes close to the quality of things on here though!

mahowlett
    Free Member

I’ve been getting mine from metropolitan leather, the hide I used on those bags has a really nice oiled finish with loads of ‘pull up’ so the colour changes where you bend it, and it ages really nicely. Biggest problem with leatherworking is the cost of the leather though. Those 2 bags used nearly a whole ‘shoulders’ piece (16 sq ft) which costs £153 quid 🙁 you really don’t want to screw the cutting out up.

kayak23

love the swift boxes

Thanks. Yes we’re really hoping that they get populated. I think you’re supposed to play some Swift-Barry White or something to get them started.

Loving the frog ebygomm 😊🐸

ebygomm
    Free Member

Loving the frog ebygomm

It’s a gecko, it has a tail! But thanks 🙂

Kuco

I thought it was frog until you said it had a tail and looked again and saw it. Still like it though 🙂

choppersquad
    Free Member

That Gecko is so cute.
    There has to be a market for selling them. Can I have a mini one on a keychain please?😉

kayak23

It’s a gecko, it has a tail! But thanks

Ha! 😂 doh!  Sorry. Lovely gecko. 👏

Mowgli
    Free Member

Great crochet! I feel this thread could get quite busy over the next few months. I made my first knife. Blade is from some broken garden shears and seems very good steel – had to get a special carbide drill to make holes in the tang. Handle is australian jarra.

stevied
    Free Member

I made a start on my picket fence, replacing the 70’s concrete blocks:
    fence

BillMC

kayak23

Bit quiet on the paid work front with me at the moment that’s for sure, but did a few extra bits on a Bongo camper van I’d made a boot jump for a while back.

Made an underseat drawer. Tricky to negotiate all the seat mechanism shizzle but was good in the end.

Also made a stow on the back of the seat for the portable table with birch plywood cam-catches to hold it in.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well stir fever set in so we took the spare ride on mower (unused since the dog ate chunks of it), took off the cutter. Raised the motor a few inches so we could run the rear axle off the lower big pulley and we are working towards building temporary ramps on the garden terrace and we could make ourselves a 100m loop through the trees. If we still had the welder we could do a better job.
    The motor is raised on steel tubes, the wood is only there to stop (or more likely minimise) the engine moving. Should be fun.

bored-2

joshvegas
    Free Member

Thats got nhs strain written all over it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Don’t worry. We’ll be wearing face masks.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Will you putting the fairing back on with racey cutouts for the bits of engine that no longer fit?

Its needs more flames too…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

All going back on but raised higher. Checker plate tread areas pop rivetted on. Brakes being finely tuned.
    Still safer the the 2 GSX-Rs in the shed.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Made a crappy monitor stand from some Capita legs and a piece of furniture chipboard I had lying about.

IainAhh
    Free Member

I can’t use my usual workshop at the moment so improvisation time. I added an old vice that my Dad gave me which is more than 50 years old to a minibench I made. Still works good. Lets me carry on with latest canoe paddle.

minibench
    minibench 2

Some other paddles and WIP pics

Paddle 4
    Paddle 5
    Paddle 6
    Paddle 7
    Paddle 8
    Paddle 9

kayak23

Made a panel for me birds allotment shed.

View this post on Instagram

Weaving some plywood for a divider panel.

A post shared by black tea one sugar (@blackteaonesugar) on

joshvegas
    Free Member

I had the same idea as you Ian, glued up the top for the table top bench lastnight for a crap vice i have. Should be usefull for some small yhings even when the full bench is built.

What woods have you Used in the paddles?

househusband

Now that I’m WFH and getting used to juggling phone calls, Whatsapp messages and calls and text messages a few days ago I made in my home workshop a project that kids make with me in third year metalwork. Sheet steel and square bar phone stand, except mine is TIG rather than flux-core MIG welded.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Kitchen knife for a friend.
    2020-03-28_07-02-51

AlexSimon

@IainAhh Beautiful paddles. Such a nice thing to work on!

slackalice
    Free Member

Loving that divider panel @kayak23

phil5556

Some lovely stuff in here, I’m going to flick back through some of the previous pages later.

Nothing like the quality of a lot of work in this thread but I knocked this up from some pallets a neighbour had.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 4,418 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.