Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • What helmet do you have?
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

I’m wanting a new helmet, so after a few idea’s please.
    I do like the them urge endur-omatics, I notice a lot of people wearing them around the Surrey hills so they must be quite good! Pics especially welcome. 😀

sambob
    Free Member

Giro Hex is comfy for me, bit hot though and the finish is awful. Nice colour mind.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Casco Viper (light full face with removable chin guard, very comfy)NOT ME IN PIC BTW

Urge O Matc (I look like a CHiPs rider in it and its comfy but can get hot) NOT ME IN PIC BTW

Giro summit or other (bog standard XC lid)

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I have a giro phase and a c-originals something or other 😛

fourbanger
    Free Member

What are you going to use it for? All helmets are not created equally.

jedi

I wear the mavic syncro and for a full face the kali avatar. . Rad protection and fit

robsoctane
    Free Member

Giro Xen. Very sturdy & well respected for protection & that’s what you want, right?

Coolhandluke: C’mon mate – a removable chin guard? Where’s the common sense in that design? 🙄

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Specialized s-works. I also have a xen, but for most of the year it’s too hot.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I use an Endur-O-Matic for XC, dirt jumping and a bit of messing about at the DH track mid XC ride. I’ve got a Down-O-Matic for when I go out specifically to ride DH.

Harry_the_Spider

Giro Hex – Off road
    Giro Monza – Road

M6TTF
    Free Member

Giro xar – glad I didn’t pay 115 quid for it, fit isn’t as good my cheaper giro. I tried loads on including fox flux, Spesh tactic and none of them seemed perfect for my melon. Maybe there’s a market for custom fit pisspots

Paceman
    Free Member

Giro Xen

therag
    Free Member

I bought a urge endure sumutorother yesterday on sale £46 at my lbs the Bycicle doctor because every time go near the fox flux, the peak fall off

kiwijohn

Bell Volt.

widge34
    Free Member

Urge Enduro Matic. Very comfortable and very light.

Lifer
    Free Member

Met Kaos

colournoise

Fox Flux for most things.
    661 full-face (can’t remember the model off the top of my head) for fuller-on riding.

slainte 🙂 rob

Klunk
    Free Member

giro xen, so comfy you forget you have it on.

Dan67
    Free Member

Kask K50. use it for mtb and road. I just prefer helmets without a peak for visual looks

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Giro something or the other xc lid

RobHilton
    Free Member

My latest one is an Endura, is red & black and says Royal Mail on the front :mrgreen:

It’s not comfs, but it didn’t cost nuffing.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Met 5th Element.

derekrides
    Free Member

Kali for me and it’s saved my ‘bonce’ at least once already as this pic can testify, landing head first in some ditch some young scrotes had dug mid trail without warning.

Oh and before anyone ask that light is on the bike not the helmet it’s just resting on the handlebars for the pic.

It’s a really nice helmet, light, good ventilation and I’m really surprised by the weight (and the price) of the full face, not that I’ve got one but if I were to that’s what I’d get.

alpin
    Free Member

giro Hex, decent lid with resonable ventilation. doesn’t look too stupid on my bonce. resonably light.

met Kaos, nice. aquired several last year. gave two away to friends and still have three at home. good ventialtion. light. looks half decent.

giro Remedy full face. fits my head well. not a garish colour. removeable pads and didn’t cost the world (thanks crc).

nuke

Giro Indicator…cheap helmet that fits my head nicely. I’ve two now and use them for everything from commuting to 100milers.

Also got a Fox Flux but seems overkill for majority of my riding.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I use a small purple headed warrior.

Wozza
    Free Member

Fox Flux. They’re on offer at Stif and Leisure Lakes now.

Haze

Xen for off road duties, use a Rudy Project Sterling on the road.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Another Xen here.

stevenc
    Free Member

Xen here. Use it for everything.

Coyote
    Free Member

Currently got a Xen but recently tried on a Kali Chakra, this will be my lid of choice at replacement time.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

fourbanger – Member
    What are you going to use it for? All helmets are not created equally.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Sorry, I should have mentioned! I don’t do any serious downhilling, but saying that my riding is definitely progressing and I am now riding more aggressive terrain, I can ride coedy-brennin now a lot faster and harder and so feel the need for a more protective lid.

coolhandluke – Member
    Casco Viper (light full face with removable chin guard, very comfy)NOT ME IN PIC BTW
    Urge O Matc (I look like a CHiPs rider in it and its comfy but can get hot) NOT ME IN PIC BTW
    Giro summit or other (bog standard XC lid)
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Thanks coolhandluke, I like the idea of this helmet protecting your chin aswell and it looks pretty cool too. Do you know who sell these and if there’s any deals on them anywhere? Cheers all.

_tom_
    Free Member

Giro Hex and a 661 full face.

billysugger
    Free Member

A horse riders helmet I bought off ebay for 8 quid then stuck an AlpineStars sticker on. Yeeah. S’how I roll

shinsplints

Kali Chakra. Best I have had yet & inexpensive. Plus not everyone has them, yet…

mc
    Free Member

My main thing when buying a helmet is that it fits, and is comfy. Brand/colour choice is secondary, but I refuse to wear anything that looks like somebody has puked a technicolor meal over it.

ojom
    Free Member

Kask K50 or POC Trabec

yunki
    Free Member

giro hex

RustySpanner

Giro E2, which is about to be binned..

Giro Monza, comfiest lid I’ve ever had, forget I’m wearing the bloody thing.

I used to like the Trek lids, but they’ve been replaced/ rebranded as Bontrager now and have a different fit.
    Shame, they were very good value.

mike_p
    Free Member

Spesh S1, pity they stopped making them as it’s a perfect fit

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What helmet do you have?’ is closed to new replies.