Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What Headphones for riding?
  • judy_rockshox
    Free Member

In the last 6 months I have had 3 pairs of headphones. 2 Sennheiser in ear and on both the right earpiece stopped working. In January I got a new Creative Zen XFi with in ear headphones and they have broken while riding down to the local shops. Creative say they are not covered on the warranty because they fell apart???!!!! Anyhow I am looking for some tough ones (they sometimes snag on the cycle helmet) which wont break the bank. Let me know what you have please.

z1ppy

yay a headphone that I won’t be ashamed of posting my headphones on… as everyone recommends mega expensive headphones, which i can’t see the point of whilst riding… so I give you the Yahba Opus Earphones cheap as chips and much louder than my ‘decent’ sony ones. They fit in the ear so are dead comfy and won’t break the bank when you do break them…

I had my first set for years before I tugged on the cables too hard and bust them, then bought some sony ones and they’re not loud enough (yes at full volume) to kill all the trail noise, so the SO now has them now and I got another set of opus.

oh and though they look huge and obvious, they not once fitted in the ear, quite discreet (ok reasonably).

jcromton
    Free Member

Whilst I don’t condone wearing headphones with music, I invested in a lovely pair of Sony’s here

Dunno if that worked. Had them for years and they’ve been everywhere and although they seem a tad flimsy, they’re still operating just fine despite being stuffed in pockets etc many many times.

Stretch
    Free Member

I use some etymotic er6i sound isolation headphones for both fell running and cycling. They’ve lasted two yorkshire winters without any problems. They’re not cheap but the sound quality is awesome and you often forget your wearing them they’re that comfy.

joe1983
    Free Member

where can you get the etymotic from stretch?

Will-M

None, you’ll kill yourself 😀 ! But if I was to recommend some, I would say Sony EX71SP, they can be got for under a tenner if you shop around and they give good quality sound and stay put! Mine have lasted 3 years thus far and numerous sweaty exercise sessions.

atlaz
    Free Member

None, but if you have to sennheiser cx300 all the time for me.

alpin
    Free Member

i can’t stick those in-ear ones in my ear without my ear going numb after 5 minutes.

i got some sony wrap arounds

http://www.techfresh.net/sony-dr-bt21g-wireless-audio-headphones/

they’ve got a short lead which means i can clip the i-pod (i’m not happy about having an ‘i-pod’ and being part of the ‘i-pod generation’ but it was a present from my mum) shuffle onto the back of the helmet without lots of leads flailing around…

judy_rockshox
    Free Member

Thanks. I work at Gatwick so I will have a look in Dixons tomorrow. Ill check out al suggestions/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What Headphones for riding?’ is closed to new replies.