Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What do you pay for your gym membership?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just wondering what a decent price is really. Due to not being able to run at the moment and not being able to afford a road bike I am thinking of joining a gym for a bit. Only really looking to do circuit training, bit of swimming and maybe some spinning (is that the the turbo trainer like thing right?)

My local council is offering access to gym, swimming pool and all classes for £36 a month. This seems to be the same sort of price as the private concerns like Fitness First, Bannatyne, Esporta etc.

Is this the sort of price gyms cost these days, as never used one before.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

£31/month for mine.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Where in the country are you? £36 a month is £20-£30 a month less than the average in central London 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

£1 a week.

ourmaninthenorth

Nothing. Free access to work gym.

I do my cardio on the bike (riding to work – commute can get me up to 170 miles/10 hours a week) and have just started doing core work and some weights in the gym.

Missed two sessions this week, though 😥

dooosuk
    Free Member

£15.99/month in Manchester at http://www.puregym.co.uk

Jamie
    Free Member

Where in the country are you? £36 a month is £20-£30 a month less than the average in central London

I was going to put a p.s about Cockneys need not reply 😉

£15.99/month in Manchester at http://www.puregym.co.uk

Damn. That is good value. unfortunately not got one in P’boro.

cp

33 quid a month roughly – for unlimited anytime access to the 4 main sports centres in Sheffield. inc. 50m pool, very good gyms & unlimited classes. just a month by month rolling direct debit. Must remember to pay for a whole year as that works out at 22 quid a month.

Very good value IMO compared to stuff like Virgin etc…

toby1

£26 a month for gym only – could go for pool and spa for more but not really needed. Cycling in 3 days a week at the moment before work (commute is only 5 miles each way so nothing massive). Cambridge area too.

Going to ‘spin’ for an hour tomorrow as they are doing a 24hr help for heros sponsored thing, I’m just there for the fun of it though.

3 peaks in June on foot is my charity work for the year – got to raise £1100 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Must remember to pay for a whole year as that works out at 22 quid a month

Gutted. My council did that last year, but have stopped it now….guess its the crunch kicking in.

That and P’boro council are a bunch of *removed on advice of lawyers*

Kieran

£10 a month
    £1.20 a session

http://www.sportconnection.co.uk

MrNutt
    Free Member

£30pcm, gym, pool, spa, games room, activities, tennis courts

and all I do is covertly film in the changing rooms.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Are Bannatynes any good?

j_me
    Free Member

I cancelled mine as c£40 per month constituted a pretty nice bike!

Slacks
    Free Member

£31 a month at local leisure centre which has just been done up. Its got a big pool but small changing rooms.

My work gym is free but is just for the freaky free weight obsessed (spot me for my one rep max?). I can occasionally have the place to myself and control the stereo. To note “top less hour” is always rather homoerotic when some of the other teams are in there.

the_lecht_rocks

£41 for gym / classes [never use em] / proper wave guided 25m pool.

Harry_the_Spider

£19.95

Fitness First

thomthumb
    Free Member

£15 but its salary sacrifice so works out cheaper 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    £19.95

Fitness First

Ok how? I have a local FF and they quoted me £36 a month….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was going to put a p.s about Cockneys need not reply

Gyms Oop North are cheaper, because they are mainly empty, as most Northern folk are too busy in the pie shops. Us Southerners are more fitness and health oriented (and also more beautiful), so gyms tend to be far more crowded, hence the inflated costs.

My local sports centre charges about £42 a month for gym, swimming, sauna, etc. Very reasonable actually.

aracer
    Free Member

Gyms Oop North are cheaper, because they are mainly empty, as most Northern folk are too busy in the pie shops great outdoors. Us Southerners are more fitness and health oriented don’t have anywhere outside to go and limited imagination, so gyms tend to be far more crowded, hence the inflated costs.

FTFY

Harry_the_Spider

Ok how? I have a local FF and they quoted me £36 a month….

Can only use my local gym.
    Been a member for 10+ years.
    Prices slashed because a BFO Total Fitness opened 800m up the road.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

don’t have anywhere outside to go and limited imagination

We have five international airports, from which we can get to places like Spain, the USA and Canada, India, Australia and Bradford. If we really want, we can go into the British Countryside and boost local economies with our vast wealth. We have thousands of art galleries, museums, music venues, theatres, etc, in which to stretch our imagination, not to mention a large number of colleges and universities to enrich our minds so we can be cleverer and get better jobs than youse.

So don’t be so bloody silly. You don’t go out much anyway because the weather’s always crap and you’re all so miserable anyway. 😀

Don’t start….

MikeT-23
    Free Member

£40pcm, Virgin Active, Glasgow.

Could be paying more elsewhere, but it’s very local and well kitted out for my limited needs, so fine for the moment.

john_drummer
    Free Member

£40 pcm at Greens just down the road from me. I was at Fitness First in Keighley, £20 a month for weekends only, but sacked that as I’m too busy at weekends

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What do you pay for your gym membership?’ is closed to new replies.