• This topic has 91 replies, 78 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • What alcohol will you never drink again, and why?
  • beej

As mentioned on the 90% Lindt thread, mine is anything whisky based.

Alternated double Drambuies and double Southern Comforts on my 21st, wasn’t very well. Oddly I’m fine with SC.

McHamish
    Free Member

Grappa.

Drank a bottle of it at a party once…can’t smell the stuff without feeling queazy now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

most of it as it tastes awful

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will never again drink any of the alcohol that i have drunk before, i hope, as stale urine is not my favoured tipple

captaincarbon
    Free Member

2 bottles of Quervo Gold, and the next 3 days laying in bed talking to a giant skinhead tomato in the corner of the room who was called ‘Vince’, has convinced me never to touch Tequilla again!

oxym0r0n

Jack Daniels

Raki

Both lead to vomit moments quite a few years ago now…

Bregante

Southern Comfort. Aged 17 working away with two colleagues just outside Newcastle. Long nights of bottles of Newcastle Brown with Souther Comfort chasers. I swear I can smell it at ten paces now and it makes me heave.

spacemonkey

When we were 14, me and a mate found 8 cans of Special Brew hidden in his mum’s kitchen. Downed them pretty sharpish then passed out before throwing up a lot (naturally). Did have the odd can a few years back, but watered it down Shandy-style. Can’t say I’ve the need to revisit it ever again.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

White Lightening. Because they don’t brew it anymore.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, that’s a good question…

Probbly that cheap muck we used to drink as kids, to get wrecked for little money. MD20/20, Thunderbird, Special Brew, Tennents Super, Kestrel Super, and worst of all…..

…Babycham.

We din’t know any better. 😳

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I can’t make those sort of promises.

nsaints
    Free Member

+ 1 Southern Comfort…nearly 30 years ago now

Rorschach
    Free Member

Any of it….my body is a temple….for now.

spacemonkey

At Uni, I used to knock back the odd one or two Elephant Beers before walking to the first lesson. Truly rough stuff. Don’t believe I’ve touched it since.

scaredypants

I can’t be in the same room as pineapple & orange squash – 16th birthday: that, half a bottle of vodka and a bottle of martini 😳

nsaints
    Free Member

How much babysham do you need to get ‘wrecked’… 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Going through difficult times at the moment so I’m down to one beer in the pub on Friday night. My mate is looking after the rest of my booze. I pop around from time-to-time to make sure he hasn’t drunk it 😆

sv

Baileys Cream stuff – it was the last shot of the ‘lets try all those special bottles not up on optics’ evening (about 12 years ago). Obviously what I tasted when they all came back up again, even Baileys Ice Cream or cheescake makes me feel sick!

allthegear
    Free Member

Scrumpy style cider.

A night camping behind the Plume of Feathers in Princetown is the reason.

i rmember waking up with my head down the foot end of the tent and the strange coloured light made me think I had died.

Rachel

McHamish
    Free Member

I drank a load of grenadine once found in my Dads drinks cabinet…should have checked it had alcohol in first though.

I could drink it again I suppose…just don’t want to.

jon1973
    Free Member

another + 1 for Southern Comfort

even the smell makes me want to wretch, not been near it since I was about 18.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

After a night of many beers, it was decided to go to someones house to play poker for Jagermeister shots.
    It didn’t end well.

I still have hallucinations involving stags and glowing crosses.

Never, ever again.

TheFlyingOx

It would have to be a life-or-death situation to have to drink the poison I had in a Chinese restaurant in Spain a few years back. They just called it “Very Strong Man”, on account of only “very strong men” could stomach it. Tasted like a cross between tequila, cod liver oil and nail varnish remover. There were also a couple of dead snakes in there.

I spent about an hour laying face down on the beach until my stomach forgave me.

HermanShake
    Free Member

White Ace cider, because I’m not 17 any more.

3 of us each with a child travel card and £2 each=3 lightweights with fizzy ethanol getting hammered in the private gardens by the Thames. I got slapped in the face by a handful of daffodils by a pi55ed mate: not impressed!

I remember the tube riders at 11.30pmish looking at us like scum when my mate threw up noodles. They seeped back and forth in the floor grooves as the tube accelerated and stopped. Rank.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I used to drink pints of ‘Blastaway’ castaway and diamond white mixed together like rocket fuel was so ill off it so many times we sometimes even had a shot of tequila in it…. why? no idea? young and stupid and thought it made us look cool probably

bigyinn
    Free Member

Smirnoff Blue, never EVER again…..NEVER!

tazzymtb

All of it, I’m now a tea totaller which explains why I’m such a miserable git

Ringo
    Free Member

Tequila, glastonbury two years ago necked a lot of beer then hit the tequila lying down in caravan my bed was next to the door I was so blind drunk and felt the urge to be sick, I could not for the life of me find where the door was it was pitch black and I could no longer hold it in, I was sick everywhere including on my son. This was the Sunday before festival and had to put up with smell for 10 days. Chances are if someone passes a bottle round this year ill pass on it (who am I kidding 😀 )

bagpuss72
    Free Member

*makes tazzy a caffeine free tea* 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

whisky.

i’ve never had a ‘bad night’ on whisky – i can’t drink enough to get drunk.

i kept trying it for a while – because i was assured that i’d eventually find one i liked, and it would be worth waiting for.

but i’ve given up, they all taste the same – which is to say: ‘terrible – not unlike petrol’

and then shortly followed by a crippling migraine.

retro83
    Free Member

could not drink vodka for a few years, as I drank best part of a litre over an afternoon at v99. Some girls found me in a semi conscious state and dressed me up in their clothes for a laugh. I got the last laugh though because I puked all over them. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Aftershave.

Flaperon

Creme de Menthe. Was already fairly plastered a few years back when I found a bottle at the back of the cupboard from the previous owners of the house.

Don’t remember much else. Frankly, as it was green it could just as easily been Windowlene and had the same effect.

MrTall
    Free Member

Yet another vote for Southern Comfort. Way too much of it on my 18th (20 years ago now) and never touched it since.

rondo101
    Free Member

Creme de menthe. Used it in place of bong water when we knocked the bong over in the woods & someone had an almost-empty bottle in his car (but no water). Eugh.

And tequilla. Because I vomited it through my nose.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh yeah blimey how could I forget???

Norwegian homebrewed spirit. ABV= please, don’t. Off the scale. Totally illegal. Makes Pochin seem like a mild tipple. 😳

It’s highly toxic. I was ill for three days. 😥

Never again…

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Pernod – aged 15 house party = one failed relationship with Maria Johnson who I had chased for months = Gutted

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Curaçao – Wall to wall chunder. But then, I did boff the headmaster’s daughter on that evening as well, so who knows…….

trickydisco
    Free Member

This

Has some in budapest. Absolutely disgusting

and

Had about 4 double tequilas in a row. Now i can even smell the stuff without wanting to chunder

Spud

Jagermeister, two of us went through 90% of a bottle after far too many beers one night. Was a BBQ we were hosting for friends pre-wedding get together. The bottle is still in cupboard..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘What alcohol will you never drink again, and why?’ is closed to new replies.