Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What adaptor for post mount fork to IS calliper?
  • superlight
    Free Member

Have just bought a post mount fork and need to fit my existing brakes, which are Magura Marta SL IS calliper with 160mm disc.

I have seen an adaptor on CRC that states "to mount a 74mm post mount caliper to a 51mm International Standard fork mount to accomodate a 160mm disc", but this is the wrong way round for me.

Cant work out whether I could still use this though, or if I need a different adaptor…?

If the latter, can anyone point me in the direction of the correct adaptor and where to buy?

Many thanks.

nickc

You may have to go +20mm.

I don't think a straight post to IS 160mm exists

goldenwonder
    Free Member

One of these
    But you will need to go +20mm on your rotor size.
    Out of stock, but Hope stuff is available from everywhere!

superlight
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice – so it looks like I dont need a Magura specific adaptor, but will need to swap my 160 rotor for a 180…?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Yes, you'll need to go up 20mm to the bigger rotor – you'll not get a 160mm adaptor that'll fit for your combo alas.

Hingy
    Free Member

Don't get the A2Z Keep 160 Adaptor. It doesn't work. I got one last week, but fortunately Wiggle are very good with their returns. I have now fitted them using a Hope +20 adaptor. This was for fitting old Hayes Sole onto a Manitou Drake (on a Hard Rock Sport).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What adaptor for post mount fork to IS calliper?’ is closed to new replies.