Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • muggomagic

Nah, he was with Theresa when she got whacked, no?

She rang him when he was talking to Theresa, then a little later she hears movement in the theatre. Definitely was her in the clip when he asks the question.

I don’t know why the two lab goons don’t report Mauve and just have her taken down. Or let it get so far.

Didn’t she mention something about the sideline he had where he was pimping out the hosts while they were in the lab?

PrinceJohn

Any one else notice the way ford was talking about Arnold like he was also a host not a human?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Also, when Ed Harris came across the girl and said “haven’t they retired you yet?” – she’d only just turned up in the bat for the first time in the previous time line.

She’s the host who dresses William when he arrives in the park (and is also seen being taught to dance in Delores’ flashback to, presumably, before the park has opened). Strong hint that William becomes the Man in Black.

holst
    Free Member

she wants the idiot story writer to upload it into Abernathy and then try and smuggle him out of the park?

Amazing coincidence that they just happen to choose him out of the hundreds of retired hosts. Can’t imagine anything going wrong with that plan.

I don’t know why the two lab goons don’t report Mauve and just have her taken down.

They may be hosts too, just not aware of it.

footflaps

I thought they flashed back to him killing her when he asked Ford if he’d ever killed anyone before?

Yep, he was strangling her in the flash back.

oldnpastit

she wants the idiot story writer to upload it into Abernathy and then try and smuggle him out of the park?

Won’t his spine explode when he leaves?

fisha
    Free Member

Possibly. But the 2 engineer guys said that with a rebuild it would be doable

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ep8, another great collection of stories.

Mauve and the goons, well it’s kinda clear the fat ginger goon is a Bot, the way the Chinese looking goon zaps the bleeding neck wound with some sort of laser.. I think this segment is an inner plot to upset the inner controllers of the Bots and thier world, something either Ford or Arnold created to either divert attention from thier actions or to supplement/compliment them. I’m hoping Mauve is built in the same way as Bernard, both I think have a deeper story together.

The Delores plot line is an odd one, whilst I get she’s had multiple overwrites it’s the underlying story that has yet to unfold, ok she’s already made reference to Arnold and seeking him out, but why confuse the story with multiple revisits to past events unless all of them link up at some point.

And who are the new Bots in the horns that were in the last clip ?

slackboy

Mauve:

Maeve

Great show.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Spellcheck boredom

slackboy

I think the overarching theme is about self-awareness and that the maze is a sort of Turing Test for the hosts that are capable of becoming self aware.

I’m more convinced that there are alternate timelines happening since Talulah Riley showed up with Wyatt’s gang. It seems like the stuff happening with Delores and William is in the past.

jimmy

Could make sense that the goons are bots. Maeve is able to tell them (in WW) what to do, so she’s doing to them only more subtly for our benefit.

AlexSimon

I think the overarching theme is about self-awareness and that the maze is a sort of Turing Test for the hosts that are capable of becoming self aware.

This is what I thought from the beginning. I was starting to waver, but then I had a strange sense when MiB was tied up that what he was saying was a ‘backstory’.

oldnpastit

then I had a strange sense when MiB was tied up that what he was saying was a ‘backstory’.

😯

slackboy

‘backstory’.

you think he’s a host too?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I really don’t think MiB is a host. From the backstory he was giving it’s sounding very likely that he’s either William (or possibly Logan). He’s (pretty much) the only character who has never been referred to by name – there must be some reason for that.

The maze is something to do with consciousness – it also looked a lot like the images that appeared on the tech’s screens when they were looking at the host brain patterns.

a nice touch that Teddy and MiB are attacked by a Minotaur – more maze mythology.

AlexSimon

you think he’s a host too?

I thought it right from the beginning, wavered, and now I could go either way.
    I just can’t get it out of my head that Ford cares more about the hosts than the humans and that the maze must be for them.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Remember when two other guests spoke to MiB out of character (was it about the time of the jailbreak?). He is obviously someone who has a public profile in the real world. Very unlikely a host – he also has some some sort of special privileges – part of the board? William or Logan after they’ve invested?

chakaping
    Free Member

he also has some some sort of special privileges – part of the board?

I thought last night, is he boss at Delos?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think MiB is human, he’s in there as a link to Ford whose trying to get the whole of WW back under his control. Where ever MiB goes is to find the Maze, this could be the original code set down years ago, and since embellished and possibly corrupted by constant upgrades/dates of the Bots over the years.

The Minotaurs appearance is a bit odd, where and how do they fit in? Just seems an odd thing to do by bringing a whole range of characters that have nothing to do with the current profile of WW and the Westerns setting.

Could be another World of course, one that Ford worked on then abandoned when the profile didn’t agree with paying Punters. Westerns are more easily referenced and known and easy to comprehend, Minotaurs are just pure fiction and lets face it you need Punters to pay for the experience and not challenge them too much..

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I don’t think they’re actually Minotaur – I’d assumed men in suits but they do need to explain their superhuman strength and resistance to gunshots.

AlexSimon

Whoa!!!
    Not much filler in that one!

Is the 10th the last of the season?

Spoilers below 🙂

AlexSimon

Actually I’ll wait until morning to run through what I just saw. So much to take in!
    It feels like the ending! No idea how following seasons can come!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Whoa indeed! Don’t spoil it though, not sure when it’s on TV!

fisha
    Free Member

The minotaur character was on the screens in the lab when the story teller dude was getting told to reprogram delores’ dad. So is vety nych part of the developmemt by the labs surely.

AlexSimon

********* EP 9 SPOILERS **********

So, the only thing that confused me, I think, was that MiB turned up in a church with Delores, but I thought in this timeline that church was supposed to be under sand.
    Or is that a different church?

I thought it was very interesting that MiB wasn’t bothered about getting rid of Ford. So everything he’s following is the work of Arnold, despite the ‘new narrative’.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

So, the only thing that confused me, I think, was that MiB turned up in a church with Delores, but I thought in this timeline that church was supposed to be under sand.

Haven’t watched it yet, but in a previous episode it was mentioned Ford had dug up a whole buried town as part of his narritive work.

AlexSimon

Haven’t watched it yet, but in a previous episode it was mentioned Ford had dug up a whole buried town as part of his narritive work.

You’re brave reading this!
    Ah – perhaps you’re right. I think I’m going to have to watch all these again!

scud
    Free Member

Ford always states that Arnold preferred being with the hosts than humans, and we never learn how he died, kinda get the feeling that Arnold remains in Westworld and has built the park around him and that he is at the centre of the maze? That is why Ford warns MiB not to go down that path.

holst
    Free Member

Ford is a bit creepy, eh? Why does he keep the robot version of his family around? If it’s so that he can have a snuggle with the robot version of himself as a kid, does that make him a pedo, or is it just self abuse?

holst
    Free Member

Ford always states that Arnold preferred being with the hosts than humans, and we never learn how he died

Guess you haven’t seen Ep9? Arnold was killed by Wyatt.

footflaps

Guess you haven’t seen Ep9? Arnold was killed by Wyatt.

You sure? Delores killed him – she seemed to remember doing so in her flash back / dream state talking to him back in the lab under the church in E09.

AlexSimon

Yep – Delores definitely remembered killing Arnold.
    Anyway – if you haven’t watched Ep.9 yet – stop reading!!!!

holst
    Free Member

Delores is Wyatt.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Did we get the scene from the season trailer involving Armistice throwing a tech through a wall yet?

Delores is Wyatt.

Confirmed, or guess?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh, that was good. EP9 is creating the space for EP10 season finale, but what cliff hanger will that be?

Delores confirmed she killed Arnold, yet confessed to a Bernard from another “life” perhaps ? She changed clothes multiple times as she both entered and descended the Church..

Has Ford finally killed off Bernard ?

And what happens to the guy that went looking for one of the engineers ??

Great series, one of the best since Taken all those years ago.

martinhutch

And of course you will have noticed that the picture of the fiancee that Logan gives William is the same picture found near the ranch in the first episode that triggered the meltdown in Abernathy…

funkmasterp

Can’t quite get my head around the huge character change if William is indeed the man in black. I just can’t see him killing Maeve’s child or treating Deloris the way MiB does. I do think the William and MiB timelines are separate though. I would be disappointed if they were the same character. Maybe Logan is the MiB, knows about Deloris killing Arnold and helped Ford cover it up? In exchange he gets free reign to do as he pleases? They have both displayed reprehensible behaviour. Can’t wait for next week.

swavis

Also, what are Maeve’s intentions? Run riot when she and Hector are brought out?
    Can’t wait for next week 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

MiB and Delores, when they met in the Church, were both wearing the same clothes as when Delores was with William, yet a number of times she flicked into that long blue dress certainly when she was talking to the black dressed Bernard.. When she came back out of the confession box, she was back to shirt and trousers, then MiB came into the Church.. I’m not quite getting the significance of the multiple timelines here in these scenes.

The small scene with MiB and the lady (can’t remember her name), when she appeared after MiB fell from the tree after almost being hung, let out the fact that MiB had certainly been in the Park far longer than any other Guest. She seemed comfortable with him being in there too, he also revealed to her his task which she wasn’t really bothered to hear, she just wanted his guaranteed vote against Ford..

But, I quite liked Bernard reveal, him learning about his life and the realisation he’s a Bot.. not sure why Ford let him die yet, after all Ford relied on Bernard for most of his underhand code changes..

I get the Park has black spots for reception, but why place the Indians in there to attack one of the Controllers when he went to find the girl with the dark hair? Clearly something in that area is being protected, but what.

And where are the two Bots that helped Maeve ?

I’m going to watch this EP again (maybe watch them all again).. I think I’m misssing quite a lot of the stories as you lot seem to reveal far more than I’m picking up on.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.