Viewing 19 posts - 321 through 339 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • jimmy

Even with Ford’s Machiavellian cunning, I don’t see how he could have manipulated events to produce that

Remember, Ford controls EVERYTHING.

See for example Maeve’s belief she is autonomous, only to be shown by Bernard that she has been (re)programmed to do exactly what she’s doing.

So in the case of Teddy & Delores, Teddy gets off the train in the first town and immediately stops, “thinks” and says “Delores” before getting back on the train. These are programmed thoughts, he has to rescue Delores, who says “take me to where the mountains meet the sea”. No coincidences, Ford is in control.

Likewise the very end – he knows what Delores will do so yes, it is likely he made a host of himself to be killed. In earlier episodes, there is a new host being made on the machine in the field lab – possibly himself.

scotroutes

I assumed that (for budget reasons) it might be difficult to get Hopkins signed up for another series and that really was him being shot (though the android clone thing could be used as a plot device in future).

Ed Harris/William – not killed but having been in the park to see his wish come true any future appearances would be as his real life character/investor.

legend
    Free Member

Likewise the very end – he knows what Delores will do

unless she is truely conscious now

#makesyouthink

Also…. before this started it was billed as something to keep you going between series of Game of Thrones – it’s totally round the other way for me now

holst
    Free Member

The actor who plays William has apparently said that he’s not returning next year, but Ed Harris said he will be “involved”. I doubt that Anthony Hopkins will be back. He’s pretty old and expensive for starters, but the story makes more sense to me if he set the bots free to fend for themselves. Before, they had the illusion of free will, now they have to figure things out for themselves.

ocrider

The actor who plays William has apparently said that he’s not returning next year,

That’s not surprising, he’s the origin story. The second series won’t have the Dolores and William 35 years back story arc because it reached its conclusion, didn’t it? Going back to some tangent with them would only happen if Abrams and Lindeloff got involved with the script, but this isn’t Lost (thank F#*$ for that)

The best moment in ep 10? All of it, but Felix doing his robot pose supplied a much needed light hearted moment in the thick of things.

timmys

So did Sizemore’s character succeed in his mission to get the host loaded with data (Abernathy?) on the train and out of the park? Not sure if I missed that bit. I wondered if Maeve was serving that purpose instead when it looked as though her ‘escape’ was programmed into her.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

What was the empty room that sizemoor went to then wasn’t seen again

legend
    Free Member

That was the storage area that had been previously full to brim with old Hosts

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Aaah, I did think that it should’ve been full of bots. That makes sense.

Still thought the security teams were worse shots than storm troopers and the whole park should’ve shut down…

AlexSimon

I assumed that he was there to get Abernathy, but he wasn’t there, so they haven’t got the data out of the park yet.

bearnecessities

Bit late to the party but just watched Ep10 – is MiB a robotty thing then?

scotroutes

No.

MiB is William

bearnecessities

…and was shot 5 times by Teddy?

I’m going with him being a microwave.

martinhutch

Nah, the host bullets can hurt the guests, but not seriously harm them – Teddy’s bullets just knocked him over. He’d already been given a bit of a kicking by Delores.

bearnecessities

the host bullets can hurt the guests, but not seriously harm them

Missed that bit – and how the heck does that work? Anyhow, ta – I’ll wait until next series. 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

how the heck does that work?

Magic, give or take.

It’s a plot device, the whole point is people can do whatever they want without repercussions in this place.

wukfit
    Free Member

people can do whatever they want without repercussions in this place.

Or at least they could, maybe not anymore

AlexSimon

They explained it as changes to bullet velocity when the gun is handled by a host.
    As mrmonkfinger says – it’s a plot device that you just take on faith.
    Just like most of the show in fact 🙂

AlexSimon

From the show:

(c) All weapons and equipment used within Delos parks are the exclusive property of Delos, Inc. Gun ammunition contains proprietary safeguards related to bullet velocity, and tampering with gun safety features or ammunition automatically transfers liability to you and absolves Delos, Inc. of any injury or death that may occur as a result.

From the showrunner:

In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.

Viewing 19 posts - 321 through 339 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.