Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • MSP

This looks fantastic, and they apparently have a full plotline planned out rather than a vague premiss and then making it up if it proves successful after the first half season.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4[/video]

Shame that the oatmeal meme still seams to apply 😥

legend
    Free Member

Yup looking forward to it! Finally got round to watching the movie a few weeks ago, darker than expected and pretty forward thinking for 1973!

anagallis_arvensis

Westworld and The Magnificent 7… mybworld is crumbling

PrinceJohn

Westworld and The Magnificent 7… mybworld is crumbling

The original’s still exist & don’t forget the original Magnificent 7 is a remake…

I do like the look of this take on Westworld, I didn’t realise Michael Crichton wrote & directed the original film, or that he died in 2008

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Now TV ? You can get Sky Atlantic on there.

seosamh77
    Free Member

magnificent 7 was good I thought, seen it at the pictures on friday.

john_drummer
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/2E_P90oTKa0[/video]

Drac

I watched the original Westworld last night, it’s aged but still good.

The original’s still exist & don’t forget the original Magnificent 7 is a remake…

Jurassic Park is Westworld but with dinosaurs.

AlexSimon

Blimey – that’s some cast!
    I’ll be giving that a go.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thandie Newton is it which is as good a recommendation as I need.

zilog6128

Yup looking forward to it! Finally got round to watching the movie a few weeks ago, darker than expected and pretty forward

Yes, it’s a great piece of sci-fi. The thing is, “proper” sci-fi is about the concept more so than characters or even plot, and rarely needs more than a shortish film or novel. If they are stretching this out to one (or more likely multiple) seasons however good it is it’s just going to be a soap opera. Personally I’d rather watch something original but that seems sadly lacking at the moment given the frankly ludicrous number of reboots happening right now!

jimjam
    Free Member

I need something to bridge the gap betwixt now and which hour Game of Thrones shall sally forth.

ulysse
    Free Member

Yul Brynner as the gunslinger is f*****g nails.
    Fact.

edlong
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dooa7uzRjEI[/video]

ulysse
    Free Member

By God!
    That can’t be unseen!

Northwind

Looks pretty interesting tbh. The backlash against remakes/reboots/reimaginings is pretty funny sometimes. “How dare you be inspired by this thing I like!”

anagallis_arvensis

Yes but the original Magnificent 7 is a great film a truely great film. The new one is just trading on the name to gain an audience.

stewartc
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for them to reimagine Westworld as a Cornish fishing village, where visitors can do anything they like as long as its spending 2 hours per day trying to find a parking space, paying over the odds at any local restaurant and queueing to empty the caravans toilet septic tank.

Yul Brynner walking down a corridor, his face fading in and out of the blackness, still remember that.

senorj

It looks promising.
    Btw – I had Sonic Boom Boy on 12″red vinyl. 😀

AlexSimon

Will be watching tonight. Looking forward to it!

ocrider

Black Hole Sun in a salon bar stylee = Win!

johndoh
    Free Member

I saw the original Westworld.

Well I think it might have been called Sexworld.

I think you can guess the rest 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Looking forward to this tonight.

If you don’t have Sky NowTV is actually very good value for £7 a month or whatever it is. You’ll get Walking Dead in a few weeks too, plus loads of ‘boxsets’ on demand.

BillOddie

I watched it last night in the way suggested by the Oatmeal cartoon.

It.

Was.

Flippin’.

Ace!

Utterly intriguing and a great first episode.

jon1973
    Free Member

If you don’t have Sky NowTV is actually very good value for £7 a month or whatever it is. You’ll get Walking Dead in a few weeks too, plus loads of ‘boxsets’ on demand.

Don’t pay £7 a month, buy a voucher from Argos – it works out more like £4 a month then, if you buy 3 or 4 months up front.

edit

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3179440.htm

this one is £5 a month, but they’ve had it cheaper before.

JAG

Love the original….

[video]https://youtu.be/LcL3eP0Hfy4[/video]

The new series seems to be more about the robot’s perspective and how they feel about being exploited. So these robots are more ‘aware’ than the original 1973 film robots seemed to be.

footflaps

this one is £5 a month, but they’ve had it cheaper before.

Does that pass work online for streaming (don’t have a TV)?

PrinceJohn

The new series seems to be more about the robot’s perspective and how they feel about being exploited. So these robots are more ‘aware’ than the original 1973 film robots seemed to be.

Watched the original last night, still holds up pretty well, must check out Futureworld the sequel now.
    And the new series it’s had a rave review on den of geek.

SPOILER AHEAD
    Looked the way the machines became self aware, but what happened to all of the ones in Roman world that got a bit stabby?

jon1973
    Free Member

Does that pass work online for streaming (don’t have a TV)?

yes, it’s just a pass code you apply to your account.

You just keep applying the codes just before the old one expires, so they’ll never take any money out by DD. Sometimes it even works out cheaper to by the NOW TV box along with the voucher.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Original film is an absolute classic, even if dated. Noted for being written and directed by Michael Crichton and a forerunner to Jurassic Park with the same “theme park goes wrong” kind of story.

I’m not so concerned about a TV remake. I would be if it was a film and just the same plot. The film plot is fairly simple. Robot theme park goes wrong and then it’s just a load of cool Yul Brynner in an endless unstoppable chase, which is what makes it good. Works in a film, but repetitive in a TV series. I’m hoping what they’ve done here is take the basic premise of the robots go mad and add a load of depth to that.

Will it just be ‘Westworld’ though? In the film it’s just one of the theme park zones. Plus there was the more forgettable sequel Futureworld.

drlex
    Free Member

Thank you! I knew the tune but couldn’t remember what it was.
    A good opening episode that presented the players, robots and gaming team in a way to draw me in for ep.2
    Ed Harris is scary.

holst
    Free Member

Yes, good pilot, although Humans impressed me more.

rosscore
    Free Member

Can’t wait, Magnificent 7 was Steve McQueens breakout role, not a lot of people know that, best Western Movie ever… until Clint came along with the spaghetti.

So did I read there that Ed Harris is playing the Yul Brynner ‘Chris’ reprisal role and they become self aware a la ‘Humans’ ?

So 64k question, you finally get to own a synth, the Gemma Chan character, would you?

And how soon after you fired her up. 😉

jekkyl

couple of minutes?

legend
    Free Member

So 64k question, you finally get to own a synth, the Gemma Chan character, would you?

Until something dropped off one of us

Stoner
    Free Member

is this an old person thing, as I’ve never heard of Westworld?

ocrider

deadkenny: Noted for being written and directed by Michael Crichton and a forerunner to Jurassic Park with the same “theme park goes wrong” kind of story.

Did Michael Crichton once have a traumatising experience in Disneyland? He has some issues with theme parks 🙂

Thank you! I knew the tune but couldn’t remember what it was.
    Blatently obvious way to signal things were about to go pear-shaped, but quite fun.

So, is Ed Harris a player or a host?

footflaps

is this an old person thing, as I’ve never heard of Westworld?

You’re just not into your classic Sci-fi. Same era as Logan’s run etc

deadkenny
    Free Member

More of a Logan’s Run reference, but sums up 70s Sci-Fi (not counting Star Wars) 😀

[video]https://youtu.be/49IcrH4Bhq0[/video]

zilog6128

More of a Logan’s Run reference, but sums up 70s Sci-Fi (not counting Star Wars)

Actually with the clones, etc also pretty similar to Futureworld (the crap Westworld sequel)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.