Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Wendy Lewis – my God
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Too soft is what we are

Who's "we" when you're over there and she's up north?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think he meant the Chinese.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe she's a pacifist or her parents were conscientious objectors?

jon1973
    Free Member

Maybe she's a pacifist or her parents were conscientious objectors?

conscientious objectors to working for a living perhaps.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, I was wondering, how does someone become like this?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this thread reeks of imagined superiority 🙁

Kevevs
    Free Member

are we supposed to kill someone now? kill kill kill.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

She has a lot of pent-up rage which she chose to vent at a symbol of the triumph of an older generation… Hmm?

Why did she pick that target?

Kevevs
    Free Member

perhaps she'd been out on the piss, and needed a piss, went behing something that was large enough to obscure her fat arse, and just had a piss. no politics, no history, no meaning. Just a fat lass with too much booze having a piss. Call the cops! Meanwhile…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, what you're saying is, the way people are has nothing at all to do with their life experiences, presumably.

Kevevs
    Free Member

err no.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So. I was wondering. Look at her. How did she get that way?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Isn't pissing on a memorial to pointless killing appropriate ? It's the maudlin nostalgia for mass delusion that is revolting 🙁

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member
    Isn't pissing on a memorial to pointless killing appropriate ? It's the maudlin nostalgia for mass delusion that is revolting

I'm sure that would go down a storm on the Guardian website. Everywhere else it just makes you look like a contarian git.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's actually a memorial to the dead.

Where did you get the idea that it was a memorial to killing ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that's now they got dead

we don't have memorials to ordinary people who die of natural causes…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, that's how they got dead 🙄

But it's not a memorial to German soldiers, for example *more eye rolling*

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But it's not a memorial to German soldiers

yes, good point, it's racist too 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well at least it's not hypocritical……….a memorial to dead German soldiers might be a tad.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Irrespective of the target, such hatred is not edifying..

Just what this forum is used for.

Shame.

Russell96

simonfbarnes – Member
    that's now they got dead

Yes we do they are called Gravestones

petrieboy

simonfbarnes – Member
    that's now they got dead
    Yes we do they are called Gravestones

Quote of the week? Possibly even quote of the month!!

konabunny
    Free Member

It's the maudlin nostalgia for mass delusion that is revolting…

…mostly by people whose expression of respect and tribute to "The Glorious Dead" begins and ends with online pitchforking of thick drunken women who need to piss.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I hope you die soon(ish) of horrible causes slowly and painfully and all of your nighmares come true if they haven't all ready. you ****. The same to your family. I would like to tear your limbs off you ungrateful dick. Poor people died so that you could gob off about how pointless war is.

And that, is what happens when you let a pointless forum on the internet get to you…………you get angry.

SFB, first and foremost, posts on here to get reactions out people. So well done for so eloquently illustrating to him just how angry he's made you.

……another job well done Barnesie

diggers
    Free Member

You really need to calm down fella! 🙄

LambruscoCowboy
    Free Member

Simon

How does your opposition to ‘pointless killing’ reconcile itself to the defeat of Nazism, the repelling of invasion by fascists and the genocide of ethnic minorities in wartime Europe? Would you happily live under a totalitarian dictatorship if it avoided war? Would you turn a blind eye to your Jewish neighbours being rounded up and sent to concentration camps if there was no fighting? Could you turn your back on your neighbours being publicly humiliated so long as there were no ‘pointless killing’? What would you do if a uniformed state storm trooper kicked your door down and dragged you and your family into the street and forced you all to drink castor oil in front of your neighbours until you soiled yourselves in front of them? Would you want somebody to say ‘no’ and stand up to your oppressors?

I understand you may not agree with every political decision to go to war, or even be able to justify war at all in your mind and that is your right. Nonetheless, please recognise that despite where your moral compass guides you, everyday people have given up their lives and futures to defend our liberty and perhaps you could express your views with according sensitivity. Much blood has been spilt and sacrifice made for the privilege we have been afforded to discuss such matters. That state leaders and politicians could not find a peaceful way to resolve their nation’s differences does not diminish the bravery and selflessness of the men and women called to Service, nor is it their fault for doing their duty.

Whether you agree with armed conflict or not, still today our young men and women today are undertaking tremendous effort and hardship a long way away, suffering great injury and death in some cases and it is only decent to be respectful to them. I hope this strikes a chord and you have not just been seeking a reaction from inflammatory posts for self-gratification.

Also, I think the furore around this matter is misplaced. I don’t believe this woman was deliberately disrespectful to the war dead and maimed, but as stated above, merely got drunk and found the nearest place to hide behind to relieve herself. However, through the way this matter is being reported, she does seem to represent the disrespectful, insolent, lazy, complacent, benefit mongering underclass whom tend to irritate the working class(es),whose taxes are diverted from what they consider worthy. I think that has as much to do with the reaction as anything, a focal point for people’s frustrations with society, hence the ‘easy target’.

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant, I am a bit of a lurker but just felt it was too important to let go without comment. I happen to agree with ernie_lynch and backhander.

Nice flower though. All the best.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

First they came for the fixies. But I did not speak out, for I was not a fixie.

Then they came for the single speeders. But I did not speak out, for I was not a single speeder.

Then they came for the 29ers. But I did not speak out, for I was not a 29er.

Then they came for the roadies. but I did not speak out, for I was not a roadie.

Then they came for simonfbarnes. But I did not speak out, for I had absolutely no moral objection whatsoever to his internment in a death camp.

😛

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lockerbie Memorial?
    Nothing natural about that either was there?

konabunny
    Free Member

I wrote a brilliant, witty, urbane reply to this thread. It had comedy, pathos, it had oratory, jokes. It had interesting historical insights and thoughtful allusions to current events. It held lazy claims up to the light and skewered them. It had loads of great metaphors and none of them were even mixed. It would have been a STW classic post and settled all arguments at a stroke. But then the forum hamsters got to it and I CBF'd wittering on like that again.

So basically I'm just going to say three things:

1) "our glorious dead" – it ain't that simple when you're talking about WW1, WW2, Korea and the Falklands, which are apparently the wars which the Blackpool Cenotaph commemorates.

2) welcome to the forum, lambrusco cowboy.

3) step AWAY from the computer, backhander.

Hairychested
    Free Member

backhander, what a lovely and badly needed nerdy attitude towards whoever dares to think differently to you. Go for a walk fella, relax and have a pint. And read "The Regeneration Trilogy" by Pat Barker, check Owen's poetry out, listen to "…And Justice for All", have another pint. There's more to life than acting like a kid especially when you're wrong.
    lambrusco copwboy, write shorter bits, nobody wants an e-book (despite your thoughts being well put),
    SFB, second to none (apart from TJ, ton and ernie_lynch perhaps) in winding people up skills, well done!

spacemonkey

+1 Lambrusco Cowboy – sentiments well put. And welcome by the way.

nobody wants an e-book

Usually yes, but sometimes you need to blurt what you need to blurt. IMO, LC's blurt was relevant, eloquent and read-worthy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I wish they'd ban you again simon, for good.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I thought "indulging in personal attacks" was MY job? The thread did suddenly seem to take a severe turn in a different direction after I suggested we might think about how this extraordinarily damaged human being might have got to where she is…

As verbally ugly as she is, visually. How strange.

LambruscoCowboy
    Free Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I have stepped away from the soap box.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Wendy Lewis – my God’ is closed to new replies.