Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Weightlosstrackworld
  • weeksy

I found out the scales at home are 7lb out….

So instead of being 14st 9… .i’m 14st 2 🙂

I am happy with that.

mrchrispy

cheers, any chance of an invite?
    username is mrchrispy

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I haven’t followed this but have been dieting. I’ve been pretty stupid really but it has worked. 11 pounds since new year and I wasn’t really overweight particularly, just wanted to trim up a bit. I’m 6’3 and was 13.3 stone. I’m now 12.6 stone.

I’ve been eating no breakfast, soup for lunch then a veg heavy evening meal and maybe a piece of fruit combined with weight lifting and cycling everyday bar Sunday. It’s been tough going and maybe not the most sensible approach.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am happy with that.

Still 5:2’ing, Weeksy?

weeksy

Jamie – Member

I am happy with that.

Still 5:2’ing, Weeksy?

Kind of yes…

The 2 600cal days are now about 900-950 cals as i was missing having a nice warm bowl of porridge on the cold icy days of fasting… So i guess it’s not having quite the effects it would if i were down in the 600cals.

I’m also TERRIBLE on the 5’s…. eating anything and everything i want… which if i want any more reasonable losses, i really need to cut out.

But i’m at a point of contentedness with the weight/size at the moment, so not really pushing myself on the diet… just using exercise and pushing myself on the pedals to counterbalance things.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

+1.5lb for me this week 🙁

I’ve been doing a fair bit of running and feel trimmer so its not all bad I guess…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m also TERRIBLE on the 5’s…. eating anything and everything i want… which if i want any more reasonable losses, i really need to cut out.

😀

Heh…likewise. I really think they underestimate that gusto with which some interpret the ‘eat as much as you want’ part of the equation.

I gave it a go for a bit, but think I might switch back to good ‘ol calorie counting, as despite what all the new research says, it has been the one thing that has worked for me guaranteed. Yeah, it’s harder, but maybe that’s the point. No quick fixes etc etc.

Incidentally, Michael Mosley has a book out. Not great reviews, but cheap on Amazon.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Down to 84.9 this morning which is the best part of half a stone since NYD however that is to extend due to switching to weighing myself in the morning.

Not a great weekend due to Family staying over meaning more booze than usual and bacon butties Sunday morning. Good week last week though and another one in store. Minimal exercise year to date so if I can get back on the bike whilst staying off the junk food I will have a bikini body in time for summer. 😯

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Thats another 2 lbs lost last week.

Its all going in the right direction.

Once i can get back out on the bike in March for some proper rides that i should see it flying off.

Myfitnesspall is a great app. Really helps you inderstand what you are taking in and give you a we check when you are reaching for the goodies late at night.

Im sticking to 1600cal a day which is pretty tough for me, really just 3 meals a day with some fruit and veg as snacks. Breakfast and lunch are usually 400 cal each which leaves 800 cal for dinner and a few snacks. Keeping dinner down to about 600 cal is hard for me.

Getting out on the bike makes a huge difference, on the days i get out my calorie expenditure is effectivly zero. Goes a long way to keeping my weekly average under 1600 cal.

mrchrispy

I’m trying to stick to about 1900k a day but its a struggle at the mo as I’m no longer cycling everyday.
    weekends are a killer as it tends to be anything goes.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I have ditched the alcohol, not that i drank loads but even a few bottles of beer at the weekend adds up.

Other changes for me have been no sugar in coffee, brown bread and brown rice and pasta.

Alos trying to eat more veg, raw carrots and celery to nibble on. Along with fruit.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’ve lost 1/2 stone this last week by moving more and eating less. Who’d have thunk that something as simple as that could work?

zilog6128

I’ve lost 1/2 stone this last week by moving more and eating less. Who’d have thunk that something as simple as that could work?

Right. Assuming your scales/measurements are accurate, how much of that do you think is water (and therefore irrelevant) and how much is body fat? If you think you’ve lost 7lbs of bodyfat in a week, and you’re not the half-ton man, I call bullshit! 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

As usual, I’m in awe of your awe-inspiring awesomeness, George.

lowey

Right,purposly stayed off this thread as didnt want to put the pressure on myself to loose weight.

But weighed myself on the 6th Jan and was bang on 13st. Heavies I have ever been. Felt and looked fat and had developed a double chin.

So I’ve been off the booze since the 7th, rode twice a week, walked and tonight gonna start going for a little run. I’ve basically stuck to Wheatabix for Breakfast, Salad sandwich for lunch and salad plus chicken or something similar for tea.

So far lost 10lbs. Chin has gone and I’m noticeably slimmer (can do an extra belt hole). Feel pretty chuffed with that to be honest.

Couldnt get my head round the Myfitnesspal app, so will have a sit down tonight after the jog and see what I can get sorted.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

You can do myfitnesspal as an App or just on the PC.

The best thing is the bar code reader, makes life easy to enter what you eat. And if you have regular meals then just input that and it will save the data.

Once you get into the swing its very quick and for some folk a great motivator.

jimster
    Free Member

Do you need to be invited to join the MFP Singletrack group?

If so – jimster1807 would be very grateful. 🙂

ton

4lbs off this week…….back on track after 2 bad weeks.

Keva
    Free Member

As usual, I’m in awe of your awe-inspiring awesomeness, George.

I seem to have lost half a stone by accident, was shocked to stand on the scales the other day and find myself a nip under 9st.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Only .5 kg lost last week, getting in to the hard yards now.

Good effort Ton, my weight goes up and down over the week but its the general trend that counts. I’m going to try and push it this week to see if the momentum can be kicked on.

_tom_
    Free Member

Starting a keto diet tomorrow to try and shift the last bits 🙂

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Kinda of had a week off after putting on 1.5lb the week prior, but dropped that plus another 0.5lb, so 2lb down for the week and even had a few beers over the weekend.

Sidney
    Free Member

Making progress – 4kg in January! That’ll do every month til the wedding, hopefully I can keep up the good work. I have this annoying habit of when I reach a new low I think of having a reward for good behaviour! Need to cut that out…

Also, for the chap that created the really good excel chart for tracking the weight of this group, I think the BMI calc is out. The column header Current BMI uses the MAX function in the formula which would give your BMI at your heaviest. Would it be better to either use MIN or a function that gave BMI based on your most recent weigh in case you’ve put on weight? Just a thought. Excellent otherwise….

Sid

jimster
    Free Member

Another pound off, 2 pounds for the week.

uwe-r
    Free Member

84 kg this morning. Hard yards now, lost just 0.5kg in the last 2 weeks.

How are we all doing?

fizzicist
    Free Member

Badly. Too much beer!

Although I’m managing around 100 miles a week so fitness is there. I may have to resort to entering Kielder 100 at this rate.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Down to 67.5kg this week, haven’t shifted much in the past two weeks as I’ve been very busy at work so not had the time to do much exercise at all. Although having said that my target is 0.5kg per week.

4kg to go.

GrahamS

84 kg this morning. Hard yards now, lost just 0.5kg in the last 2 weeks.

86.5kg here. Think I’m also into the harder to shift stuff now as my weight loss is steady but getting slower (I started at 99kg).

If you’ve shifted a bit of weight then it is worth recalculating your calorie goal on MFP. Less weight means your daily requirement (Basal Metabolic Rate) will have gone down – so it will likely slice a bit off your daily allowance.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Up 0.7 kg this morning at 84.7kg but I was clocking some figures sub 84 in the week and did a massive dump post weigh in. hoping that was at least half a kg!

Gary_M
    Free Member

66.9kg this week. Didn’t do much last week as I had a horrible virus so no exercise and ate a load of crap. Pleased I managed to shift any weight. Getting difficult now.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Damn you Easter Bunny and the trouble you have caused. Freezing weather and a house full of chocolate is doing the diet no good. Weight bumped up a bit this morning and as a result I have registered minimal progress in the last 9 weeks, however, still 4.1kg lighter than news years day and were in to summer time which should mean progress on the exercise front.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Reached race weight this week 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well done. I’m hovering around 66 and 68 kilos and can’t seem to get below that yet.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

A notch on the scales under 14 stone at the moment.

Want to get that down in the direction of a notch under 13.

Going away for a week’s mountain biking with rivierabikes the second week in June and I don’t want to be unnecessarily lugging seven extra bags of sugar up any Alps.

Have embarked on the 5:2 fasting regime and got through my first day’s fasting yesterday.

Hopefully some proper Spring weather will make the prospect of racking up the miles on the bike more enticing.

is this myfitnesspal app any good then? Seems to get a fair bit of love on this thread.

Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Weightlosstrackworld’ is closed to new replies.