Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 194 total)
  • Weightlosstrackworld
  • ton

you blokes eating cereals………DONT!!

3 egg omlette with 2 sausages chopped up and mixed into it.

dreednya

3 egg omelette with chorizo and onion – nom, but the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon sounds good as well 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

Biscuits are my nemesis.

I too is trying to shed me winter coat by making a more concerted effort to put the fork down. It’ll be a lot easier once I’m back on two wheels again…[shakes hurty wrist at the sky while gritting teeth]

birky
    Free Member

Holidays are over, back to work today … weighing in at 13-10. I’d like to get down to 11-0 but 11-7 more realistic. I’m 5’9″.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Only one more terry’s chocolate orange to eat then I’m in the clear.

Birky – that is some serious weight loss. I’m starting at the same 13.10 (89kg) but am realistically looking to get under 13. Good luck.

birky
    Free Member

Cheers. After New Year 2010 I dieted and did the C25K running thing and went from 14-0 to 12-4 in under 3 months so 11-7 is do-able.

crispy
    Free Member

Righto. I’m in. Currently 117kg, I’m aiming for 95kg. That should be quite lean for me.

Riding to Paris in June, and a sportif or two in between, so looking to up my cycling to levels not seen since my kids arrived 7 years ago…

Wish me luck…

fizzicist
    Free Member

Well I broke quickly enough. Just had crisps and carrot cake.

My excuse is that I’m stuck in Dublin on a Friday night and Starbucks is healthier than booze.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Right fatties – how are we all doing?

No booze. 1 slice of cake, 1 bag of crisps, a few short rides and….1kg gone.

And I feel…..

Crap.

weeksy

Last week i only did Weds as a ‘fasting’ day… This week i’m starting as usual with a Mon and Wed day of fasting… The plan now is to ensure the non-fasting days are not just complete pig outs so the weight continues to drop over the coming months.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

3 egg omlette with 2 sausages chopped up and mixed into it.

This! Most cereals masquerading as “healthy” have next to no nutrition, often high in sugar (think granola/muesli) have the bollox refined out of them (and so they have to add vitamins and minerals back in to compensate) and will keep you going for all of 5 minutes.

Switching to a protein based breakfast with some fat (think eggs and salmon, bacon and eggs etc) keeps you satisfied longer, curbs snacking and overeating at the next meal.

GrahamS

Does that include porridge? Or more accurately OatsSoSimple?

Cos I like them. Slow burn and pretty low calorie.
    (one sachet with 180ml semi-skimmed milk is just 183kcals).

ton

Does that include porridge? Or more accurately OatsSoSimple?

yes.

kuman
    Free Member

6’1″ and 16.5st currently. My goal is 15st by may.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I reckon porridge is a better choice than sugary cereal, but you need to add protein to increase the GI/satiety factor.

Still not ideal though – grains are a filler food, not optimal nutrition. JMPO (Just My Paleo Opinion!)

Jamie
    Free Member

I tried the whole protein for breakfast thing. It never had the magic effect of keeping me fuller for longer. Seemed to have the same end result as a bowl of porridge.

YMMV.

ton

3 egg omlette this morning, with a tin of tuna mixed in.

3lb weight loss this week.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My scales aren’t working this morning. They seem to persevere if I only put one leg on, but as soon as I lift my other leg off the floor they just turn off.

So I will err on the side of caution and assume ‘no change’ and update the chart accordingly.

Jamie
    Free Member

If the continued weight loss you report is accurate, Ton, you should be about minus 3 stone by now.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can I join please? Or is it too late?

Height: 172cm
    Current weight: 71.4kg
    Target weight: 63.5kg

Using myfitnesspal and withings scale to help monitor things, cycling, walking, running, eating less rubbish to help me get there.

Do we update weight once a week?

ton

Jamie – Member

If the continued weight loss you report is accurate, Ton, you should be about minus 3 stone by now.

Jamie…..i keep thinking i am getting nowhere too.
    but some weeks i dont lose any remember.

philconsequence
    Free Member

either 4 or 6lbs since 2nd jan depending on how much water i was holding in my system at my first weight in post christmas.

feeling pretty down at the moment and the comfort eating is through the roof. ate a 5 pack of those tescos giant chocolate cookies in the car before work this morning 🙁

weeksy

feeling pretty down at the moment and the comfort eating is through the roof. ate a 5 pack of those tescos giant chocolate cookies in the car before work this morning

Good going… but not that difficult… won’t get you on Man v Food

GrahamS

I reckon porridge is a better choice than sugary cereal, but you need to add protein to increase the GI/satiety factor.

Don’t fancy mixing tuna into my porridge 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

feeling pretty down at the moment and the comfort eating is through the roof. ate a 5 pack of those tescos giant chocolate cookies in the car before work this morning

🙁

…email/twitter me if you need to talk, big dog.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

When i started to diet (im not following any plan just cutting down on some of the crap i was eating) i didnt have an initial weigh in to see where i was starting from. So since then i’ve been trying to use a few more superficial goals for weightloss

1. Fit into my favourite jeans without it being uncomfortable (achieved!)

2. Wear my endura humvees without the popper popping open

3. Also i have couple of race fit cycle tops i want to be able to wear without feeling too self concious.

4. Be able to zip up my gore gilet that i havent been able to close for about 2 years.

Maybe daft goals to have but i’m finding it a bit easier to do it this way rather than think about it in terms of actual weight

Solo
    Free Member

Maybe daft goals

Not really. So long as you get to where you wanna be.
    🙂

crispy
    Free Member

Hmm. New scales arrived over the weekend. It’s worse than I thought. 119kg. Have updated spreadsheet accordingly…

jimster
    Free Member

B*gger, forgot to weigh myself this morning – would’ve been bad anyway, In-Laws fortieth anniversary party at weekend, had to have a drink to be able to face it. 😳

chipsngravy
    Free Member

One week in using My Fitness Pal.

Daily calorie allowance: 1660
    Relax the rules one day per week

6lb loss
    Reduction in hip and back pain.
    Feeling fresh & motivated.

MFP is definitely working. So far it seems like a sustainable solution.

letmetalktomark

A bit late to the party but my plan only started yesterday.

Currently 6’3” and 93kg

12 week plan to get to 80kg.

Its a massive undertaking but whats the worst that can happen.

hoping to achieve by being more active & eating less crap.

Simples.

Oh and lots of coffee …..

Roscoemck
    Free Member

Greetings.

170cm
    78kgs
    Target 68kgs

Trying to stick to a low carb diet, however, I’m wondering how healthy this is with all the meats and eggs being suggested?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Trying to stick to a low carb diet, however, I’m wondering how healthy this is with all the meats and eggs being suggested?

Everything in moderation. The only meal I’ve changed is breakfast from cereal or toast to eggs or fish.

BHF recently repealed it’s advice about eggs as there was no link between eggs and heart disease.

Lunch, whatever takes your fancy, usualy leftovers or meat/fish/egg sallad.

Evening meals, the only thing you really need to change is swapping potatoes/pasta/bread/rice for beans like chickpeas or butter/kidney/black eye/etc beans and lentils. And eat more veg instead of fruit to cut out the sugar.

scaled
    Free Member

Just replace rice/pasta/potatoes with roast veg.

Bolognese on a beg of roasted veg, chicken curry now has no rice just a load more peppers/onions/chickpeas

Roscoemck
    Free Member

Good advice, cheers

fizzicist
    Free Member

Interesting to see how this all pans out. Lots of people cutting carbs out. I appear to be going carb-tastic but getting rid of simple carbs like sugar & alcohol.

Either way, I’m sodding hungry.

Sidney
    Free Member

I’m in!

180cm
    111.1kg today though started weighing myself last week and was 112.4
    long term goal 82.5 kg.
    20 week goal 95kg for my wedding

A branch of The Gym opened up where I live in Chelmsford £10.99/month bargaintastic! I’m using an app on WP8 called “Zombies, Run!” to get me on the cross trainer more often.

When the weather gets better it’ll be out on the bike more often using Sports Tracker.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Weighed myself this morning (which I thought might be a bad idea being first thing) and I got 85.9! My starting weight was 88.9 and the goal is 80, that is to good to be true. That one won’t go on the spreadsheet as I will have to do it again after tea tonight.

On a positive note I do have a very good vibe about this attempt to lose weight, none of the other’s have really been that serious but this time feels different. I did a bit of the fasting / Horizon initiative last year and whilst it was very hard to stick with it did change my approach to food. Starving yourself on a regular basis gives you a different perspective on being hungry. I would recommend giving it a go to anyone trying here.

Keep up the good work.

spacemonkey

I’m using an app on WP8 called “Zombies, Run!” to get me on the cross trainer more often.

Is that some kind of augmented reality game that has you surrounded by zombies and makes you run like Mr Gump?

IHN

Weighed myself this morning (which I thought might be a bad idea being first thing)

The best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning, post wake-up wee, before eating and drinking anything, because

a) it will more comparable to previous weigh-ins, as it will be less affected by variations in what you’ve eaten and (more importantly) drunk in the hours prior to weighing.
    b) you’ll be slightly dehydrated, so will weigh a bit less, which will make you feel better when you see the result 🙂

Anyway, as this is supposed to be about sharing tips too, this is what I’m doing:

Mon, Weds, Fri – breakfast (muesli) when I get to work, about two hours after I wake up. Sandwich and piece of fruit for lunch, whatever for dinner, no snacks, no booze (except Friday)

Tues, Thurs – three quarters of an hour on bike straight out of bed. No breakfast. Otherwise as above.

Weekend – Ideally a proper ride, or a walk or something, no snacks but booze in the evenings if I want (try to have one of Fri/Sat/Sun booze free).

That lost me a stone in about seven weeks before Christmas. Stayed just about constant over Christmas (gained about a pound), now trying to knock another half stone off.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Weightlosstrackworld’ is closed to new replies.