Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Weekend Away Suggestions….
  • tootallpaul

… right, I have a long weekend next weekend and no plans.

Any suggestions for a place to stay near a trail centre for a couple of days fun?

I’ll be on my tod- normally I’d take the touring bike and head out, but fancy some more off road action on my shiny new Turner…

Cheers chaps…

P

Harry_the_Spider

If it was me I’d go to Austwick/Clapham/Kirkby Lonsdale and tool about on the North Yorkshire moors.

If you want a trail centre you can be in Grizedale within 45 minutes.

tootallpaul

Cheers Harry- Not been to that neck of the woods.

Any suggestions for accommodation?

Don’t suppose you could guess how long a drive that would be from Sunny Surrey?

uplink
    Free Member

If it was me I’d go to Austwick/Clapham/Kirkby Lonsdale and tool about on the North Yorkshire moors

Won’t it be a bit of a ride to get back to the B&B? 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I’m only an hour away so I don’t tend to stay over.

Some nice B&Bs in Kirkby Lonsdale. The Mill House IIRC is nice and there are loads of pubs. Also you could look at Dalesbridge Centre in Austwick.

As for time to get there from darn sarf… I have no idea.
    EDIT Mill Brow

http://millbrowkirkbylonsdale.co.uk/home/

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I recently did a weekend on my tod, in South/Mid Wales. Brechfa forest on Saturday for the bmx-track feel. Farmhouse camping/pubgrub. Brecon Beacons over-the-mountain epic XC on Sunday.

It was great! Sunday was better. As much as I enjoy berms and whoops, nothing lifts the soul like a big day out doing big rocky trails over big hills.

uplink
    Free Member

I’m only an hour away so I don’t tend to stay over.

I was referring to the fact that you obviously meant the Yorkshire Dales rather than the North York Moors

🙂

tootallpaul

Ta Harry…

I think I will save North Yorkshire for the end of May when I have a week off, and go on a mini road trip, and hit the lakes too…

For this weekend I am going to head towards Afan I think- any reccommendations for accommodation? (Not camping)

P

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Away Suggestions….’ is closed to new replies.