Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • we have had best……..but what is the worst bike……….
  • ton

you have ever owned.

nonk
    Free Member

hot chili downhill bike.
    total garb…used to bend allways in the corners.

Whats yours ton, you have had a few?

GaryLake
    Free Member

On One 456 Summer Season but I’d hardly call it bad, just the worst of a very good bunch…

titusrider
    Free Member

2001 specialized fsr xc (blue and yellow)
    v brakes and sooo flexy, inspired no confidence at all
    Not saying i didnt have some good times on it though

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Raleigh Mustang (pink one) about 18 years ago.
    How bikes have changed since then!

winston
    Free Member

Ridgeback 601 (I think) from the early-90’s. Got it as an insurance replacement for a very nice Hoo-Koo-e-Koo which was pinched.

cast iron frame made from scaffolding and plastic covered steel groupset. Comedy frame geometry completed the package.

soulrider
    Free Member

I should really say the Raleigh Activator that my grandma bought for my, God Rest her soul,
    I was 17 years old, it was too big for me, the forks were a pogo stick doubled up, the tyres were awful..

but I loved it and ragged it into the ground. that is 18 years ago… now I feel old.
    my bike before that was the Raleigh Maverick, but that had a slack head angle a stubby stem and riser bars (circa 1987) now that was an awesome Hi-tensile steel bike.
    and it had worse than awful tyres on it.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Raleigh Mustang, the black & white one.

Heavier than a black hole, braking efficiency of Bambi on ice & the largest size the shop had in stock “he’ll grow into it…”

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cannondale Prophet, bought a medium size, should’ve gone for a small. Never found it any good, much worse than a Y3 or my Saracen Havoc. The other bike I disliked was the GT i-drive Mk.1 as it’s too tall for the length for my liking.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What would you rather have?

a) A bad bike
    b) No bike

8)

z1ppy

My first MTB when I got back into cycling, a 21″ Claude butler Ravana(?), nothing wrong with it just far too big. Still wonder if the shop was just trying to shift old stock or actually thought I needed a bike that size.

ton

gary fisher fat possum.
    flexy, bouncy, too low at the front. proper rubbish.

mboy
    Free Member

Worst bike I ever owned…?

A Specialized Allez E5 road bike

Nothing wrong with it per se, just I bought it whilst I was still at uni (in Oxford, not much MTBing there) cos I thought I might get into it. I probably did less than 200 miles on it in 3 years! Still, when I sold it I got pretty much what I paid for it back at least…

The lesson to be learned here is that Mountain Bikes rock, road bikes do not! 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve got very fond memories of them all.

thomthumb
    Free Member

£45 fixie my mates still refer to it as the death trap. 😀

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

specialized enduro, one of the ones with their own forks and shock, absolute pile of carp, waited longer to get than I actually had it for, sent it back and got a patriot instead 🙂

GW
    Free Member

define worst?

ton

i also had a cannondale tourer that was so stiff/unyielding/rigid that it would have been hard to tour leeds on nevermind further afield. 😉

theteaboy
    Free Member

Giant Stonebreaker in pink/ blue.

Spaceman
    Free Member

My first MTB was a Scott Purgatory, awfull.
    My mate said after I bought it ‘oh, that’s what I started on, sold it after a few months to get a GT’. Unfortunately I was stuck with mine for two years, all the OEM stuff wore out really quickly and even a new fork and hydraulic front brake couldn’t make it ride better. The number of thimes I fell off chasing my mates was unreal, when I got a new bike I could finally keep up.

simon_g

Kona Manomano. Budget (at the time) full sus with Indy XC forks. It felt like everything on it flexed, and not in the directions it should have been.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

A Scott Yekora, it was about 2001 and I’d been saving hard for it. Nothing wrong with the bike as such but it was stolen and recovered twice. I beefed up the lock etc… Buy still It got stolen for a third time, and this time it got resprayed (badly) by the thieves in black. All the serial numbers etc… were scratched off. I could still tell it was my bike but denied it was. I got insurance money and was glad to see the back of it.

J0N
    Free Member

the teaboy – Member
    Giant Stonebreaker in pink/ blue

That was my first ‘mtb’ after my BMX (nameless/cant remember). although mine was pink and yellow, it was the 80’s. Used it more as a road bike. Did my first century on it. Took me 13 hours. 😆 😳

Not my picture.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Orange x1. ust full sus . utter p1sh. had a c16 which I sold to get it and that was the biggest mistake of my cycling life. put me off full susfor years. ust was so bad the seat height changed all the time and suspension didn’t work when you stood up. wtf.

bassspine
    Free Member

I had a Raleigh Inactivator. Looking back, terrible; at the time, liberation!

tang
    Free Member

emmelle cougar 12spd my dad forced me to buy it. what a pile of crap. got me motivated to work and get something better.

nickc

Not really a bad bike but the Kona Explosif was a massive disappointment

VassagoJay
    Free Member

GT LTS 3, Elastomer forks and elastomer rear shock !! I replaced the STX groupset with a brand new XT one but it was still a bag of sh*t 🙂

avdave2

My wife had a Raleigh Lizard once. Don’t know about the worst bike ever but it must be a contender for the heaviest.

nickf
    Free Member

2004 Specialized Enduro S-Works. Really not very good; a lot of this was due to the Manitou Minute forks (terrible, despite Tim Flooks doing his best), but the fact that the bushings seemed to have all the longevity of Rich Tea biscuits didn’t help.

Add to that the fact that the much-vaunted Horst-link rear end didn’t seem very good (oh look, a rubbish Brain shock) and I was glad when it was stolen.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Rig- 29″ wheels are bobbins.

GT Peace SS- not the 29er version, but it was heavy, unreliable and I don’t know what GT’s geometry man smokes but it’s messing with his “this is how a bike should feel” lobe.

StuE
    Free Member

+1 for the mk1 GT i-drive

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

no digital photos, but a Trek Y22. The whole falling rate, URT suspension was dire, and to cap it off it had the flimsiest rear stays that flexed even under my fly weight. Pretty in burgundy though, if you like that sort of thing.

not mine but similar so feel free to comment on flower bed, paving etc

AlexSimon

Alpinestars CroMega DX. Absolutely dead feeling bike. I had the original Kona Cinder Cone before that, then worked in a shop selling Alpinestars, so got a great deal on the CroMega. Even at trade minus 15%, it was really really bad.

Sold it on for what I paid in less than a month and bought a Kona Explosif (the one with the Track Two forks and unfortunately suntour).

Even though it wasn’t as good as the one I got after, it was still a relief.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Wow Munqe those are some koi carp,

GEDA
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Chameleon. Bone shaker bike that did not agree with the rocks and roots that I was riding on.

mamadirt
    Free Member

There have been one or two 😉 many of which have lasted no more than a ride or two, but I think the biggest disappointment was the Foes Predator I imported from Canada. Cost me an arm and a leg, especially with taxes and shipping, looked fantastic, went like a rocket, cracking little bike for jumping but second time out it unceremoniously dumped me on a rooty section at one of the FOD d/h tracks and I fell out of love there and then 😥 . I’d buy another tomorrow though – maybe bigger tyres, spd’s 🙄 , I dunno . . .

tazzymtb

2009 marin mount vision, heavy, clumpy bag of poo, that’ll teach me for believing a review in a magazine.

vondally
    Free Member

many bikes that i did not love or they did not love me 🙁
    including
    Marin mount vision 1996/7 model

Gary Fisher Cake

Intense tracer vastly overrrated piece of …………

Santa Cruz Bullit MK1 truely a pig to climb

jordie
    Free Member

Raleigh Grifter i was wanting a BMX from Santa back in 1980 but he must have thought i would have preferred a over weight piece of crap instead. That was it for me i never wrote him a letter again

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘we have had best……..but what is the worst bike……….’ is closed to new replies.