Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Water proof Jackets? Options..
  • MADB
    Free Member

So I’m looking at getting my self a new jacket, its got to be water/wind proof, look good and not be one of those overly tight roady style ones. Max spend is £100.

Looking at the Altura Attack at the moment, any throughs on this one or alternatives.

Cheers Brian.

MSP

There are a few new more breathable materials about to hit the market this autumn, I would hang on if you can to see what is available.

nickname
    Free Member

Montane Atomic D2 – I’got an older version and it’s great for anything, but does have an active cut (so a slightly longer back to keep ur ass dry)

zbonty

I find Gore to be the best fit. Not the cheapest but great quality.
    Best to try on first, obviously.

Del

the eVent dhb one from wiggle is very good, and frequently discounted.

MADB
    Free Member

Thanks I will have a look at those, plenty of bike shops I pass most days so I have a good selection to try from.

MSP anything you can add to that like makes price pictures etc?

Cheers Brian

z1ppy

I was highly annoyed that when I bought my waterproof, they’d removed the pit-zips that were fitted to the previous years, but I needed a new jacket so bought it anyway.
    I won’t be doing that again, yep eVent is ace at keeping water out but just like Goretex, it can’t deal with a sweat from intensive exercise.

So whatever jacket I next buy, I’ll make sure it has pit-zips.
    My cheapo decathlon softshell work brillantly all winter, as it had pit-zips (too large & hot for spring/summer use).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Water proof Jackets? Options..’ is closed to new replies.