• This topic has 8,686 replies, 407 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Kryton57.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,401 through 5,440 (of 8,687 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • Kryton57

Kato you could have one by Tuesday but be quick there’s only 4 left at this price.

I like the “U” – UK date format and several other upgrades to the module including an LED backlight. Its so much more acceptable / impressive in the flesh.

Kato

luckily I missed that one so my £100 lives to fight another day hahaha

Fudd
    Free Member

I’m not sure if this works to the UK but this shop, which I’ve used quite a few times, is about 20% under RRP for the Sinn U1 SDR; and Sinn don’t usually discount. Not sure about other models but worth a look… https://ocarat.com/diving-watch-u1-sdr-full-tegiment-sinn-16965.html

Those prices are plus vat so around rrp when it’s added.

TBH that metal GM-B2100 is kind of the antithesis; an overpriced, shiny wrist bauble trading on some notion of G Shock “Heritage”, a vague resemblance to an AP Royal Oak plus verbose, bullshit laced endorsements from whichever self aggrandising, aspirational capitalist grifter is doing the rounds currently…

That’ll be the youngest one from Dragons Den – http://www.watchpro.com/why-the-fieriest-dragons-den-mogul-chooses-g-shock-casioak/

neilnevill
    Free Member

Baaaaa! Another watch I would love up on tz sales corner…a zenith chronomaster sport. Still a bit beyond what I’ve got in the watch fund… Quite a large amount beyond…. Even if I had shifted the Zelos and the Seiko it would still be a lung way beyond what I have in the watch fund…. But bloody hell, I want it.

gaidong
    Free Member

I tried on the Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Original yesterday. I liked it, very solid build, but next to my Pelagos it was outclassed. Money saved, hooray!

I am too oddly, albeit by the silver one despite it being the same watch as the plastic £129 version.

It’s not though – Bluetooth and solar added

a11y

New watch day!

MoonSwatch

“Only” the 4th time of trying instore and I got lucky. Well, I say I but Mrs a11y surprised me by popping into the store on Monday while in town taking the kids to a Fringe show while I was working at home. Right place, right time I think. It was even my first choice of the collection.

I’m not a fan of the strap so have got a plain black NATO strap on the way. I might be a bit more adventurous and add something colour-complementing in future.

tthew

Nice, I still fancy one. They’re starting to expand the number of the shops they are available in now. London, Edinburgh and Glasgow in the UK now. Which isn’t a great geographical distribution, selfishly Liverpool or Manchester would have been much more preferable.

edit – although the Pagani “homage” (aka total rip off) seems much better value!

gaidong
    Free Member

@Fudd, no, those prices are not ex-VAT. I’ve already ordered two Sinns (and plenty of other stuff) from that shop. There may be tax/duty differences importing to the UK but the euro price is ‘ttc’ (all taxes included).

somafunk

a11y : New watch day!

Be carefull of the plastic buttons, a mate bought one (mars version) and the top most button broke and fell off as he reached inside his jeans pocket, he must’ve caught it but still pretty poor. Swatch said it was not a manufacturing issue so not a warranty issue.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Is your mate Adrian aka bark and Jack? He did the same mid your l YouTube video!

Overpriced, overhyped tat me thinks.

somafunk

Is your mate Adrian aka bark and Jack?

I don’t follow?, his entire button & poky bit into the watch is broken. Apart from that the actual watch looked ok when it was new, I was surprised at how light it felt and would probably buy one if they were £50.

RustyNissanPrairie

Be carefull of the plastic buttons, a mate bought one (mars version) and the top most button broke and fell off as he reached inside his jeans pocket, he must’ve caught it but still pretty poor. Swatch said it was not a manufacturing issue so not a warranty issue.

that’s a shame – I did kinda fancy one but I was mindful that loads of Swatches I’d had in my late teens/early 20’s were fragile and disposable, sounds like nothing has changed.

somafunk

Ahh I understand, I see in the video at around 4min he still has the silver pokey bit attached, my mates entire assembly detached/broke off internally.

a11y

I wonder if the NATO strap raising the profile of the watch away from the wrist might’ve been a contributing factor in making the buttons more susceptible to catching on things?

Fudd
    Free Member

@Fudd, no, those prices are not ex-VAT. I’ve already ordered two Sinns (and plenty of other stuff) from that shop. There may be tax/duty differences importing to the UK but the euro price is ‘ttc’ (all taxes included).

This is how it looks from the UK –

gaidong
    Free Member

@Fudd, talking specifically of the U1 SDR tegiment on bracelet I referred to originally, it’s €2610 plus delivery from Sinn and €2120 free delivery from Ocarat to France. Setting it to UK delivery the price changes to € 1783.39 including delivery, so ex VAT and heavily underpriced vs a Sinn factory buy. What is the problem with my statement?

Fudd
    Free Member

No problem dear, I just didn’t realise you were specifically talking about the U1 and when I checked they were all plus vat bringing them in line with rrp.

gaidong
    Free Member

I’m awfully sorry, dear, it wasn’t clear i was referring to that specific watch with my initial post with a direct link…

“…about 20% under RRP for the Sinn U1 SDR; and Sinn don’t usually discount. Not sure about other models but worth a look… https://ocarat.com/diving-watch-u1-sdr-full-tegiment-sinn-16965.html”

neilnevill
    Free Member

Must resist…. Must resist….I must….oh please buy all the stock before I give in!

Half price laco flieger
    https://www.secretsales.com/624439701714e-victoria-hyde-london-laco-watch-flieger-basic-automatic-mechanical-men-s-watch-leather-brown-brown/

walowiz

@neilnevill

Must resist…. Must resist….I must….oh please buy all the stock before I give in!

I shouldn’t have looked (again), do like the black one on the black strap, could be a good candidate for an unusual beater.

Prefer the one with the simpler dial

neilnevill
    Free Member

Has the history…laco did supply the Luftwaffe back in the day.

walowiz

Always the same outcome, psa for a budget watch, quick look round and I’m now looking at one a little bit more expensive, but which I oddly really like, even though it’s been deliberately aged / beaten up on purpose! A process that usually ends up with the watch looking a bit rubbish.

https://www.laco.de/en/watches/pilot-watch-original/pilot-watch-leipzig-erbstueck-42mm-handwinding

neilnevill
    Free Member

Errm. Over 10x the price isn’t ‘a little more expensive’

walowiz

Errm. Over 10x the price isn’t ‘a little more expensive’

Fair point, am still trying to confirm that the model you shared is the 42mm version. If it is, that’s what I’m getting.

I’d love the more authentic version, not the erbsteuck variant I posted above, but that’s about 700 more. So no.

huckersneck
    Free Member

@walowiz, via live chat an agent just confirmed with me:

“Product 2364123 has a transparent back and is 42mm in diameter.”

Similar but with a different face:

“Product 2364072 doesn’t have a transparent back but has the same diameter of 42mm”

walowiz

@huckersneck thanks, Bought model no 2364181. Went for the “b” dial, for the more authentic-ish flieger look

First brand new watch for a very long time.

neilnevill
    Free Member

News from those that have received is that the flieger is indeed the 42mm version. Most annoying that the website missed that pretty important bit of info!

walowiz

The Laco arrived today. After two days of the order “being processed”, it magically arrived smartish by courier today.

For 170 quid, it’s a total bargain and it is bloody lovely, really good quality even if it is the basic range, even at full retail it would be lovely, will post some pics up later. Never looked at a fleiger pilot style watch before, but this is quite cool. Appreciating it’s a new shiny thing and all that, but I think I prefer this to my diver watches.

Edit confirmed it is the 42mm version I’ve received.

walowiz

Ok pics, hopefully.

Kryton57

Dusty crystal?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

It’s the protective film isn’t it?

walowiz

Um yes, some idiot forgot in his excitement to take off the protective film before taking pics.

Kryton57

That’s a relief.

In the meantime, the new Breitling Seawolf looks like a beast of a watch: https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/products/breitling-watch-avenger-automatic-45-seawolf-uk-limited-edition-bracelet-a173192a1b1a1?mc_cid=e4b450377d&mc_eid=26e5750a3c

I can’t put my finger on it though, it doesn’t look like the price it is to me.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Nope, I just don’t like Breitling – even when they’re less busy they just don’t seem right.

On the other hand (if you’ll pardon the expression) I do really like the new Tag Heuer GMT.

*Which I’d link to or share an image but apparently that’s not working today.

johnners
    Free Member

the new Breitling Seawolf looks like a beast of a watch

It’d look better in a 40. Or given that it’d probably have to stay the same thickness maybe it’d just look plain odd. That 3000m would come in handy if there were a spillage incident at the water cooler though.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Me neither, except the navitimer. That’s a busy watch but a classic and I love it, but the rest are too big and brash and far from subtle…. They lack design finesse. Oddly though I’m attracted to the current super Ocean range with the funky fun colours, I like the wide white chapter ring and how it breaks up the dial and bezel colour…. Basic movement and overpriced though so, no. I digress. But no, breitling, no.

The laco looks great! I prefer a dials not b, but yes that’s a bargain. Glad the PSA worked out!

Kryton57

As above, I got the Tag email also, the Carrera looks great in a old Carrera homage kinda way without the Link bracelet.

Link here: (excuse the pun) https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/products/tag-heuer-car201z-ba0714-carrera-calibre-heuer-01-43mm-automatic-chronograph-black-dial

I shall be travelling through an airport in 2 days, I’m tempted to have a proper look.

walowiz

Jaysus that sea wolf looks huge. Not my thing at all, but I’m probably not the target market. I’ve never really been a Breitling fan, but I really don’t like that.

After my rushed approach yesterday, here is a shot of the Laco without all the protective film. It’s all great quality, the leather strap is really bloody thick and is going to take some bedding in.

Kryton57

That looks bloody lovely.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,401 through 5,440 (of 8,687 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.