Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Was John Lennon a **** or………..
  • Pigface
    Free Member

as some think a genius?

I vote for the former.

richmars

And your reason?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, he was in the Beatles, and they were rubbish!

(tum ti tum….1…2…3)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Both. Or neither.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m not a fan but I wouldn’t go as far as calling him a ****. A #### perhaps, but not a ****.

wwaswas

you certainly made a hash of that insult harry

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Badoom tish.

Very good.

DezB
    Free Member

Geniuses usually self destruct don’t they? He had to get someone to do it for him.

BigJohn

John was my favourite Beatle. I thought he was great (except all his solo music).

But every time I see Yoko Ono going on about him in a saintly fashion I want to shout that he would have dumped her pretty soon, had he not been shot.

nickf
    Free Member

Based on the evidence of his own words, he was a miserable, egotistical melon-farmer. Could write a tune, certainly, but I’d have had absolutely no interest in ever meeting him.

On the other hand, I’d quite like to have had a chat with George Harrison.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Still time………

rewski
    Free Member

Genius is a description used too often maybe, time will tell. He was certainly a creative and talented human being who said and created some amazing things. We could do with more people like John Lennon.

This interview is from 1969 and is still relevant today:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR0V6s3NKk[/video]

allthepies
    Free Member

The interview he did 2 days before his death was on the radio this morning. He was going on about how great New York was compared with UK in that he could go about his business without being hassled.

Errrmmmmmmm…….

emsz
    Free Member

From what I’ve read about him and what people that knew him have said. He could be amazingly generous and fun and then could be awful as well. Just like the rest of the human race I suppose.

Musically, the world would be a poorer place if he hadn’t done what he did

Junkyard
    Free Member

He touched the lifes of more people than most will. He was honest , often brutally about himself and grew to preach a message of love, tolerance and respect. Sure his imagine song and his campaign to end war was a bit off the wall [for some] but his heart was in the right place.
    Was in the top 10 of great britons by the Channel 4 poll so too the majority he was great – they did vot Diana as number three so it reasonable to question their judgement.
    Many will disagree and arguments about personal taste are rather pointless – whichever you think is correct and remember even when you are wrong you are right

binners

Is he a ****? Well…. everything’s relative. He isn’t Paul McCartney. Now there is an utter and complete ****!!!!

So on reflection… no…. as he wasn’t even the biggest **** in the Beatles

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m more of a ‘One Dimension’ fan myself!

Junkyard
    Free Member

excellent point well made and given who his internet side kick is he would certainly be able to spot a ****!

kimbers

enough about john lennon

RIP Dimebag Darrell 6yrs ago today 🙁

Ag

Genius… that’s the same as drug abusing wife beater isn’t it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDVkkwl6aJo[/video]

Momma don’t go. Daddy come home.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Here is what a friend of mine said about him on Facebook this morning…

Seriously who gives a f*ck about John Lennon. Shouldn’t have told chapman to f*ck off, should you – pr*ck!

Bit of a shame because I always thought my friend was a nice kind of guy. At the end of the day, no matter your feelings about John Lennon (whom none of us actually knew), he was murdered and left his family behind picking up the pieces.

DezB
    Free Member

Musically, the world would be a poorer place if he hadn’t done what he did

Too true.

At the end of the day, no matter your feelings about John Lennon (whom none of us actually knew), he was murdered and left his family behind picking up the pieces.

Too true:
    “I actually held his heart in my hand as the nurses rapidly transfused blood. I tried to massage the heart as we put blood into his body. We knew that there was no way that we could restore circulation, there was no way that we could repair the massive injury to all of the blood vessels in the body.”
    from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11926898

grievoustim
    Free Member

Odd comment from your friend – all the accounts I have seen say he was a perfect gent with chapman, signed an album for him etc

trailmonkey

I like the irony in the video to Imagine where he sings the line…….

“Imagine, no possessions”

…….. whilst sat at his vintage piano in his luxury American mansion.

Epitomises just about everything I loathe about hypocritical, middle class hippy politics.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

he was a perfect gent with chapman, signed an album for him etc

I think you are both right, it’s what he wrote on the album that was the problem.

rewski
    Free Member

trailmonkey – luxury Berkshire mansion.
    tittenhurst

Now let’s forget about Lennon and get back to talking about our middle class hippy recreational pastime.

trailmonkey

😀

grievoustim
    Free Member

What did he write on the album?

yunki
    Free Member

Epitomises just about everything I loathe about hypocritical, middle class hippy politics.

yur.. cos like.. small scale hypocrisy right.. rates up there.. with like.. all the worst crimes and that dunnit.. right

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What did he write on the album?

same as m_f’s mate said

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cynthia lennon and Julian Lennon might have a different view to many but I suspect a bit of both

trailmonkey – Member
    I like the irony in the video to Imagine where he sings the line…….

“Imagine, no possessions”

…….. whilst sat at his vintage piano in his luxury American mansion.

So, because he had millions, he was hypocritical to be sympathetic to the plight of those that didn’t?

If he was greedy with his money, then that would show hypocrisy, but I don’t know what good he did, or didn’t do with his cash – do you?

DezB
    Free Member

“middle class”? Er, he was an extremely successful musician. How does that make him middle class? Duh.

nickc

it’s what he wrote on the album that was the problem.

“John Lennon 1980”

Chapman was a nutter (technical term) who’d tried before to set out to kill him. He was determined to kill Lennon

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would post up working class hero but it has the F word in it as a reply here
    Top trolling mr Mungus
    lennon and chapman never spoke FWIW

Around 10:49 pm, the Lennons’ limousine returned to the Dakota. At the curb, Lennon and Ono got out, passed by Chapman and walked toward the archway entrance of the building’s courtyard. From the street behind them, Chapman fired five hollow point bullets from a .38 special revolver, four of which hit Lennon in the back and left shoulder

nickc

Junkyard, they spoke earlier in the day when Chapman presented his copy of Lennon’s album for him to sign. Lennon asked him “Is that all?”

Chapman hung about all day waiting for him to come back

Naranjada
    Free Member

According to a very short clip on R4 yesterday James Taylor says that Chapman had ‘button holed’ him (Taylor) in the street the day before Lennon was murdered, ranting about how he was going to kill Lennon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes i stand corrected ta nick

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Top trolling mr Mungus

Thanks, but that’s Dr Mungus to you. Also, do tell me to which line you are referring. Was it the bit about the Beatles being rubbish, or what he wrote on the album?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Was John Lennon a **** or………..’ is closed to new replies.