Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Warranty issue woes
  • steveo825
    Free Member

Hi, looking a bit of advice regarding a warranty issue:.

I Sent my bike back to shop I purchased from on the 5th of jan. after noticing a bulge in the aluminium on the rear seat stay. The bike was lost in transit for a week but eventually turned up, the shop has had the bike for over two weeks now and are no further on with “investigating the damage”. I spoke with a guy on Monday in shop who said most likely the bike will be sent back to manufacturer and a replacement bike or a full refund would be the likely outcome.
    I’m quite disappointed at the shops lack of communication with me.
    How long should a warranty claim take? Starting to have doubts about having a bike for March now

gonzy
    Free Member

in their defence maybe they’ve been really busy, or have informed the manufacturer/distributor of the issue and were waiting for response/further instructions from them.
    however, they should have had the courtesy to keep you informed of what was going on….pretty poor customer care on their part

i’ve never had to return anything on warranty yet so i presume as they sold you the bike they will have inspected it to make sure that in their opinion it is a warranty issue.
    they would then contact the distributor/manufacturer and inform them of the issue…this could also include pictures being sent to assess the problem…but for something that seems to be a bit unique in your case they would want to inspect the bike themselves so the shop would need to send it in to them
    at this stage its anyones guess how long it takes…it could be a matter of days or weeks…depends on the company and how good their warranty departments are

what bike is it?

mjsmke

If its that new I’d ask for a refund or replacement in store.

scotroutes

Two weeks is more than long enough for the shop to contact the distributor or manufacturer and be able to take photos and/or send it back for inspection. Looks to me like they need to get their collective fingers out. Try contacting the distributor or manufacturer to see if they even know about it yet.

steveo825
    Free Member

I understand they may be busy etc, last Friday the bike was being investigated and I should expect a call back on Monday/Tuesday. I never received this call and phoned them myself on tues to be told the warranty guy is off today. Sales guy told me a likely replacement/refund may be issued, however this was only his opinion.
    This mornings phonecall the warranty guy was in warehouse and they will phone me back this afternoon.

The bike is a 2013 Norco sight. So nearly 2years old. But has a limited lifetime warranty on frame.
    I’d rather the refund on the bike if it’s an option.

gonzy
    Free Member

please tell me its not Wheelies that you’re dealing with OP
    i understand that they have a reputation for being slow with warranty issues!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Norco=Evans

steveo825
    Free Member

Yeah Evans.

endurokid
    Free Member

I had to return a bike to Evans due to premature wear on shock bushes on several occasians, their customer service was aweful, so much so that I sold the bike and have never entered one of their stores since, and this is going back over 4 years, I would never buy from them again.

Obviously this is my own opinion and I’m sure lots of people have been very happy with their service.

I hope you get sorted soon OP, keep us updated.

Rorschach
    Free Member

At least you did’nt overreact……

gonzy
    Free Member

Norco=Evans

i thought wheelies did do Norco…but i was wrong
    Evans are just as bad by what some people say

hope you get it sorted soon OP but just in case they’re dragging their feet or being plain difficult with you keep these on standby…

endurokid
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

At least you did’nt overreact……

Nope. Didn’t overreat, but I expected better customer service and I certianly don’t expect to be talked down to by some kid working evenings who know’s sweet FA about bikes.

I cut my losses and moved on.

I didn’t make a song and damce about it on here, nor did I post on any other forum / social media sites, which would be overreacting, and OP, this isn’t a dig at you, I’m just simply replying to the commect posted.

Simple as that.

steveo825
    Free Member

Awaiting a call back all day I had to ring them myself only to be told the bike is still in the “assessment process” meaning they have yet to look @ it.

timba
    Free Member

Can you go in and discuss the matter in person and wait while they do it?
    It’s easy to forget a phone call, not so easy to forget a customer standing there (or was it an online sale?)

robbo167
    Free Member

Not acceptable…I work at an Evans store and recently had a Norco here with a snapped swing arm…3 days to get authorised,2 weeks to get a new arm from Canada and to fit it,job done. Some are even quicker,2 days for C/dale road bike from coming in to riding out on new bike,it’s all down to the store manager I’m afraid,he can drive it with the warrenty guys.
    Get on to customer services and they will light a fire under the manager….Christ knows why I’m defending them though,anyone from store manager upwards needs a frontal lobotomy and an injection of morals…treat your staff like s@it and this is what happens.

jameso

Opinions are fine but here’s still time to edit that robbo : )

steveo825
    Free Member

It was an online sale. I live in Northern Ireland and we have no Evans over here. Thanks for the advice robbo. It will now be Monday or Tuesday before they will be able to tell me anything..
    I will not be buying another bike through Evans

jameso

I Sent my bike back to shop I purchased from

It was an online sale.

Steveo, if it was an online sale and there’s no Evans near you, where did you sent it back to? Your OP says sent back to shop you bought from and ‘spoke to guy in shop’ but I assume you meant just back to Evans / spoke to customer services? If so it’ll be at the warranty dept. If you have a returns # my mail is in my profile, send me the details off-forum. I work at Evans and could give someone a nudge, though that process + Norco isn’t my area so I can’t say what effect that will have.

dirtydog
    Free Member

2 weeks is taking the proverbial.

hora
    Free Member

Look on the bright side- its shitty weather.

steveo825
    Free Member

Jameso apologies for the confusion. The bike was an online sale. The bike went back to Evans. They arranged courier, bike was lost for a week.

br
    Free Member

Can’t see them refunding, not when it’s nearly 2 years old – my money is on a frame swap or credit against a new one.

steveo825
    Free Member

depends if Norco still have 26″ frames or parts in stock I suppose?

robbo167
    Free Member

Jameso….you could well be right…heat of the moment stuff…I’m sure there’s plenty of good people there,yourself included…I’ve just not met that many of them.

steveo825
    Free Member

Quick update on warranty.

Spoke with a manager last Tuesday’ evening who assured me I’ll be getting a replacement frame or bike out of it and would call the following day to discuss options. Call never materialised. I phoned back on Thursday evening asking to speak with manager, again no call back.
    Phoned today to get an update. They have replaced the seat clamp as they could not find bulge in seat tube.. Bearing in mind the problem is with the seat stay. They have since got back to me and now they will not be covering the frame under warranty.
    5weeks later.

taxi25
    Free Member

Got any pictures of the seat stay ?

andybrad

thats had a wallop hasnt it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can only see a scuff in the second pic but the first one looks like accidental damage to me.
    That said, it wouldn’t bother me, my Pitch has worse damage than that and I just carry on riding it

timmys

You’ve dented your seatstay, but you’re talking about a warranty issue…I must be missing something?

andylc
    Free Member

That’s had an argument with a boulder and lost…

ampthill

I don’t get the second picture

steveo825
    Free Member

Second pic is of non drive side. WHere the paint is starting to crack.

There has been no accidental damage. my frustration is at the fact I’ve been messed about for almost 5weeks being told different stories

martinhutch

Should we be looking at the obvious crash/stone impact damage, or is there something else? The finish on your chainstay looks to be in terrible nick too.

EDIT: Ok – no accidental damage. I’ve seen flakey paintjobs before, but that looks bizarrely like a scrape. Are you sure no-one borrowed your bike when you weren’t looking and chucked it down a cliff?

andylc
    Free Member

I think that’s somewhere else on the bike.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I am confused. Is this a new bike? Did it arrive in that condition? Surely that’s crash damage, no?

akira

Doubt many places would warranty that unfortunately, lack of communication not good but as people have said accidental damage isn’t covered. Whether its still rideable is a different matter.

steveo825
    Free Member

Would need to have been a big Boulder to do that though?
    I sent the frame back to Evans at their request to see if I was eligible for a warranty claim.

klunky
    Free Member

You have damaged your bike and sent it to a shop for no reason as far as I can tell?
    The length of time is unfortunate but not surprising given how much you are chancing your luck with them!

andylc
    Free Member

So Steve – are you saying you didn’t crash the bike at all, that dent and deformation just happened??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Warranty issue woes’ is closed to new replies.