Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)
  • Wandavision
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m watching it, and its getting better now its at ep3.

I get the feeling that they’re doing something similar to Wanda as was done to the Marvel/Miracle family in Marvel/Miracleman, ‘para reality programming’. The scenes near the episode ends with someone watching the events unfold on a monitor seem to indicate that.

I might be wrong.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well time to stop hijacking my own thread but just want to say thanks again for the Devs heads up. Brilliant, enthralling and a proper conclusion rather than leaving it floating.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Yeah I watched Devs recently and it was very good (though it took a long time not to see Ron Swanson)

Then I woke up last night wondering how the many worlds interpretation explained the interference patterns in the double slit experiment. I was up for 2 hours googling that. Still have no idea.

Del

The boys

Tin Star.

oikeith

This extended clip for todays release looks like its gonna be a good show this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jnLIq-Wu_s

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It is. Shit just got real…

stumpyjon

About time, will peruse later.

codybrennan
    Free Member

That was very good indeed.

Klunk
    Free Member

they can do no wrong playing out to that… 😀

martinhutch

That’s more like it!

Proper length episode, and getting stuck in to the main arc at last.

EDIT: I’ll need a proper Marvel-nut to explain to me why Wanda isn’t off right now doing something more important, given the timeline they set out relative to the key events of the films.

monkeyboyjc

@martinhutch it ‘currently’ seems to be set after endgame and before Spiderman:far from home…… At least ep. 4 is…..

martinhutch

Yeah, thinking about it, it does fit with the timeline quite neatly.

halifaxpete

Loved it, everything falling into place nicely. Easter eggs ahoy!

DezB
    Free Member

Ep.4 definitely more like it. Glad I didn’t give up

nedrapier

Been following this thread as a potential late adopter.

Can I just start at ep4? Doesn’t sound like I’m missing much from the first 3!

martinhutch

Nah, I’d watch the first three in one sitting, then kick on from there. They are only half hour episodes.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. Watch the first three. When you start seeing the credits you can flip to the next one. There have been no post credit extra scenes to date.

mashr

Thank goodness for that as the credits are 6mins long at the moment!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😇 I do think this is the most useful thing I nave contributed to the forum.

martinhutch

And the full Marvel trail at the beginning is another minute!

Drac

Caught up with all 4 last night. First one was strange but had little hints here and there something odd was going on, then from 2 onwards it hurtled forward. Loving it.

For attention to detail the marvel universe follows watch this but not if you’ve seen any of the episodes.

nedrapier

Knew I knew him, and the card trick!

Also smashed through 1-4 last night, saving 7 mins per episode as per advice, thanks chaps!

I enjoyed the warm up episodes, a couple of lols per episode, couple of moments of foreboding… They also helped me remember the role I knew but couldn’t place Vision from – Chaucer in A Knight’s Tale.

They give you a bit of space and time to see what Wanda’s living in and trying to protect, and the accelerated timespan that presumably is leading up to something about to be explained.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chaucer in A Knight’s Tale.

“Chaucer’s the name, writing’s the game”

One of the finest lines in cinema history.

oikeith

I’ve seen an article saying there will be cameo in Wanadavision as good as Luke in The Mandalarian, I mean who from the MCU would top that? Tony? Captain American?

Then youtube showed me a video of Nick Fury promoting a quicksilver credit card!?!

Quite excited to see this weeks episode!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Silver Surfer

codybrennan
    Free Member

This is getting really good. Great cameo; expected but also: not.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Saving it until this evening.

Klunk
    Free Member

holy crossover batman!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

That was quite a tilt!

martinhutch

Very cool, hope they do a sequence befitting the character, if their CGI budget can stand it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Took me a second to realise who it was and then woooosh! it all went crazy in my head. Loving it.

mashr

Had to google that one. Can someone with more knowledge of these things explain the crossover? (Yes I realise that the character in question has been in movies for both sides)

colournoise

Waited to get into this (and to read this thread) and then binged the 1st five. Glad I did. Slow start but sets it all up with the weirdness/darkness gradually creeping in. If it keeps going like this, it could get pretty interesting by the end in terms of the ramifications for the MCU.

@mashr
    could be a few things I guess. The first appearance of a ‘proper’ mutant in the MCU – ready for the multiverse to kick off proper with more than one Quicksilver (the casting rumours about Spiderman 3 seen to support this)? Or a bit of retconning of Wanda and Quicksilver’s origins to allow the mutants to be integrated more easily (a reverse of her “No more mutants” moment from the comics? – did she just unwittingly create them all for this cameo?). Can’t wait for Fassbender to turn up now…

Klunk
    Free Member

Very cool, hope they do a sequence befitting the character, if their CGI budget can stand it.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Ive only just caught up on the thread and the full first 5 episodes .. needless to say this will now become mandatory viewing on a weekend. The advert made me chuckle ” for the little mistakes ”

dirkpitt74

Just watched the first 2 episodes after being badgered by the lad for the last few weeks.
    I don’t get it……

winrya
    Free Member

Think I’ll give it another go. Lasted about 15 mins into first episode and turned it off

piemonster

I did the same, then tried again. It doesn’t really seem to do much until episode 3, maybe even 4.

Into it now despite that.

akira

The slow build does give a decent reward, quite enjoying having to wait for episodes rather than watch a while series in a weekend.

colournoise

On a side note, just me or does anyone else see the thread title and start singing it in their head to the tune of the Chucklevision theme tune?

If you didn’t, you will now…

Sorry.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Wandavision’ is closed to new replies.