• This topic has 102 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by cp.
Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Vitus Rapide CR FS
  • lovewookie

My one i was running 305 at 90kg.
    Could probably gone 290, but any lower and it bobbed like crazy.
    This was on a carbonda version with a retail stock m/m tune. I think the sid shocks that come on the vitus are H compression.

nuke

Important one for those with Rapide FS bikes and frames is that small parts like shock bolts etc look like they are now all down to 99p or so….this might be the last chance to grab some spares!

DrP

The ruddy rapide crx is down to about 2.2k again….
    That’s a LOT of bike/spares for the money…
    MUST.
    RESIST

DrP

grahamt1980

Do it, do it, do it.
    Seriously it is a hell of a bike, I love riding mine and it feels way better than its 100mm of travel

Kryton57

The ruddy rapide crx is down to about 2.2k again….That’s a LOT of bike/spares for the money…MUST.RESISTDrP

I do believe your Epic Evo is my size isn’t it? 😉

hyper_real
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted but the lack of warranty or spares options means it isn’t as great a deal as it appears. Imagine you break the derailleur hanger on your first ride – where is the replacement coming from? They’re out of stock on CRC. There are similar looking ones available elsewhere but are they identical?

Probably better to order the FM936 frame directly as at least you will get some level of after sales support. There are a few stories on the Chinertowns thread about carbon cracking and replacement parts being sent out.

grahamt1980

The hanger is on wiggle, I’m taking the view that as the carbonda is the same, then spares won’t be an issue. Plus you couldn’t get the parts on that bike for the price you are paying.

hyper_real
    Free Member

The hanger 47 that is available on wiggle is for the hardtail version. The FS requires hanger 48 which is out of stock. But on further research it is probably identical to FM936 hangers as you say so maybe more available than I thought.

grahamt1980

Ah nuts, glad i read that before ordering. Was about to buy the 47

DrP

The epic evo would stay… The rapide isn’t ‘enough’ bike for my riding…but the forks could go on my SS…the wheels; prob SS too…. The drivetrain could be spare….

Meh…. I don’t need to do this…I’ll pass!

DrP

cp

The crx uses a SRAM gx axs type t rear mech and doesn’t use a hanger, so assume UDH hangers will work on the cheaper one worth a regular mech

Drawing of the 2021 frame with hanger 48:-

Screenshot_20240228-191913

And current frame with gx mech. Notice completely different shape, assume this is udh hanger.

Screenshot_20240228-191959

hyper_real
    Free Member

Well, that’s confusing. The docs on Vitus’s site has the same manual for the Rapide FS 2021-2023 models showing the 48 hanger: https://vitusbikes.com/pages/tech-support

But the pictures of the Rapide FS 2023 indeed show a UDH design. Probably this is a custom version of the FM936 mould designed for the latest SRAM components.

And all the spare parts (e.g. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-rapide-fs-upper-shock-bolt-kit) say they are “compatible with all Vitus 2021 and 2022 Rapide FS frames”. How about the 2023 frame?

Squidward

Would any of you lucky chaps who have bagged a CRX with a RockShox SIDLuxe Select+ rear shock be kind enough to share your shock’s serial number? I just want to enter it into Trailhead to see if the stroke length can be altered

demarkok
    Free Member

I just received my CRS. Looks like UDH?

nuke

Sort of PSA for those with non-UDH frames

Last year this hanger was sent to me incorrectly:
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-hanger-27-rapide-alloy-2019

Given all the hangers have now sold out, i had a look at it closer and the hanger part itself is exactly the same as for the rapide fs aside the screw diameter is slightly wider.

What it means is you can fit it but without the screw…ive bought same as emergency to chuck in my bag.

Technically you could mod your frame to fit the wider screw: hole is 4.5mm and i reckon screw is 4.8mm so a slight increase in size would allow it to fit. But i don’t want to risk that

tom-h
    Free Member

Hi all, How are people routing dropper posts on these, and any recommendations on which ones?

I have a 2022 FS CRS, wasn’t sure whether you could route internally as all 3 cables that link to the back end are in use. Is an external cable post / wireless SRAM one a possibility, or am I missing something easy to route internally?

minus
    Free Member

Run it internally: down the downtube and up the seat tube. There should be a cutout in the bb shell that you can poke a finger through to help guide it. Much easier with a cable fishing kit.

grahamt1980

I pulled the bb out of mine to get the cable routing through. Can’t say it was a fun experiment, but I got it done

qwerty
    Free Member

Yea, BB out to feed the dropper cable.

dave_h
    Free Member

Resurecting this thread as I’m about to build up a Rapide FS CRX.

I had assumed the dropper cable would route via the BB as in this thread but looking at this Dream Build video, it looks like Gee Milner routes it via the top tube right at the start of the video.

At the end of the video when he’s fitting the dropper (16:10), the cable position would imply it’s coming up from BB as it’s sitting at the front of the seat tube, rather than towards the back where I’d expect it to be if it were a straightline out of the top tube.  It also looks like the dropper it’s fitted well into the seat tube, lower than the top tube.

Just wanted to check that via the top tube isn’t a way that anyone else has fitted the dropper cable as it look wrong … but easier!

dave_h
    Free Member

Forgot to add link to Dream Build

https://youtu.be/mYhSioe7h-4?si=UBVDz4NNqcsNqSSd

jhpbk
    Free Member

I have built loads of these, and have always routed it via the BB
    Its really easy actually, as there is loads of space for the cable to sit.

In my head, routing via the top tube wouldn’t ever work, as the cable cant come past the seatpost clamp and then reach the bottom of the post…

cp

I think at the start he’s threading it down the down tube, it’s just a weird angle the video is filmed from. Then there a chunk of process missing about how he gets it round the BB and up into the seat tube.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.