• This topic has 102 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Vitus Rapide CR FS
  • nuke

I had similar ‘no can do’ response for a 10% off offer (was after a frame): the 10% offer was still showing as a banner advert on the site but they said it had expired on the Sunday and this was Monday AM…they aren’t as flexible as they use to be but so be it, their company, their policy.

Pricing is up and down though so check the stock level (flood your basket with up to 30) and if high, it’s likely it’ll drop back down again 🤞

Kryton57

Ask to speak to the next level above, keep going until you get the right answer.  Unless they are lying about their  status, they need the money.  When they finally get the message they aren’t going to sell any at £4k, things will change.

alan1977
    Free Member

realistically, they will have a couple in stock at 4k, that they might sell, and when they’ve been there for too long or become overstocked.. they go on sale, chasing for it isn’t gonna get you anywhere IMHO, at 4k they are still on the money for what they are I reckon.

Kryton57

I didn’t mean every day.   But eventually you’ll get a “yes” or, “look, they’ll be an offer posted on the site next Monday” so it’s good to stay informed.

miky2341

The price has gone up and down recently.  I wanted to pull the trigger before Christmas, but mistimed it and the price had gone up.  f you’re patient, it will drop again.  Yo may not get the extra 10% though…

sl80
    Free Member

All sizes back up to £3600 today. Very glad I hit buy at £2250 with the extra 10% at the weekend.

Kryton57

So now they’ve kinda averaged the price.   Interesting!

Still good money, I paid about that for my 2018 GX/Fox spark RC.

Edit:  I put EXTRA10 in my basket and it still works….. so that’s £3250

steve_b77
    Free Member

EXTRA10 code isn’t working for me, thought I’d try it out

cp

EXTRA10 code isn’t working for me, thought I’d try it out

Yeah today at 9am was the cut of for it but it kept going a little longer.

Managed to get a new rim using the code this morning having decided a new Vitus wear overkill to replace a rim:(

Slightly (understatement) regretting that decision!

miky2341

Had my disatch email today!

grahamt1980

My crx arrived today.
    Glad I ordered a forekaster for the front as the recon race would be terrifying on anything other than hard pack.
    Just fitted a dropper with internal routing which was more of an arse than it should have been.
    Overall though the bike is fast as, about 13kg in weight I think with the dropper and not having tubeless.
    I’m not going to complain at that but the axs is going to take some getting used to

minus
    Free Member

So only 20% heavier than the headline weight on wiggle!

Did you weight it before adding the dropper?

alan1977
    Free Member

for those that missed this, there’s plenty of deals on older trek top fuel’s, just ordered a 9.7 from Balfe’s

grahamt1980

Yeah it was 12.1kg without the dropper. So 13 might be a little higher.
    Either way their stated weights are off

nuke

Glad I ordered a forekaster for the front as the recon race would be terrifying on anything other than hard pack.

Also bought a Forekaster when I bought mine but actually the Recon Race are deceptively good tyres and I never put the Forekaster on. Alright the RRs are going to have their limitations if you’re more trail riding biased but for XC & ‘light’ trail, I really rate them

grahamt1980

Understood, I’m def going to use them in the summer, but our normal evening ride round here is a mix of road, hardpack and then 10k out so if charging around chicksands woods which can be anything from hardpack, mud, sand and soft ground.
    I just can’t see the rr’s cutting it at the moment

miky2341

My crx arrived today.
    Just fitted a dropper with internal routing which was more of an arse than it should have been.
    Overall though the bike is fast as, about 13kg in weight I think with the dropper and not having tubeless.
    I’m not going to complain at that but the axs is going to take some getting used to.

What dropper have you used? Is there space on the bars for a lever easy enough?

grahamt1980

Pnw loam, i had to get the dropper for 2x drivetrain use as the lockout gets in the way. It fits fine though with a little jiggling. An under bar lever wouldn’t fit

minus
    Free Member

Good setup, especially if you can position it just right to unlock the suspension when you drop the seat!

What sort of color is it? The pictures look white, but description says grey!

grahamt1980

It is no question white. Where they get grey from I have no idea

gee
    Free Member

A friend got one of these this week.  For £2500 it’s a bargain:  new SRAM GX Axs T-type, Reynolds carbon wheels…. 11.9kg once I’d made it tubeless inc. pedals.  Build was pretty good, needed a little bit of grease here and there but generally spot on.  Rear brake may need a bleed, indeed the random Hayes brakes are probably the only spec oddity.  Very nice!

grahamt1980

First ride on mine tonight. Really really impressed, glad I changed the front tyre.
    Bit of adjustment needed on the suspension pressures and rebound needed but overall it is great, and absolutely excellent for the money paid

miky2341

Have you changed the rear tyre as well? I was thinking Barzo’s for the winter, is the Forekaster a better option?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

The Forekaster is probably more aggressive, it’s a trail tyre rather than XC. Similar to the Specialized ground control, which I am running on the front paired with a Barzo rear.

I’ve a spare Forekaster V2 in 29er should you decide to go down that route.

grahamt1980

Not yet, forekaster front and the rr rear. It is pretty dry here at the moment, but i was pleasantly surprised at how much grip it had.
    Will be sticking the second forekaster on when it gets a bit damp. The rr def rolls fast

miky2341

Mine arrived today! It is defintely white and not grey! Nice looking bike though! It’s my first FS bike – looks like lots to learn!

minus
    Free Member

Mine arrived. Unfortunately the rear derailleur is missing the clip to told the battery in so it’s pretty useless. I have hunted in the boxes of stuff and can’t find it. No response from crc to an email about it. Where was it for everyone else?

Bike came in at 12.1 kg delivered, so unless they used the worlds heaviest inner tubes the claimed weight is looking as fictional as the idea that it’s grey.

sl80
    Free Member

Mines here too.

Minus- My mech had a red cover installed which I guess protects the connections, this was held in place by the clip, then the battery, charging dock and cable all were in a separate red axs box.

My large straight out of the box weighed 25.7Lb/11.6Kg.

Kryton57

Jeez the prices on those vary almost daily now!

breninbeener

Its £3300 today!

dlr

Can you convert those SIDs to 120mm with a different air spring? Google is suggesting NO for the SL

minus
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply sl80. I tried crc again and got a fairly prompt response. They refunded me for the price of buying the clip off of halfords, an impatient wait for it to arrive now! However, they swore that the bike doesn’t come with the red battery box!

I think they have started doing a 110 mm air shaft for the Sid SL, but not 120. Not sure if the 110 only works in 2024 forks or what model year the forks coming in the bike are.

miky2341

Back down to £2699 today!

petedee
    Free Member

Right…any feedback from people who recently bought the CRX? Is it worth the money? How’s it ride? How does it climb? Any annoying niggles?

Still toying at the idea. Don’t really need a new bike but I do want a full sus xc / down country bike.

miky2341

Only had a quick play on mine, but I love it! Gears are crisp, bike is 11.6 kg t of the box!

grahamt1980

Done a few decent night rides on mine. Really good bike in general, bloody amazing for that price.
    It does bob a bit climbing like the reviews say, but the lockout works exceptionally well. Took a ride to get the air pressures and rebound sorted in the suspension but it rides great and am really happy I got it

petedee
    Free Member

Back down to 2439 with the EXTRA10 code today. Wasted the afternoon debating to pull the trigger.Could afford it outright – really wanted it, but didn’t really ‘need’ it 🤣. Solution was to stick it on 0% for 12 months and pay it in small amounts

Too good of deal to pass it by. Such a heavy discount! Grabbed a medium. Good excuse to start doing some races!

doordonot
    Free Member

Hi, can someone clarify the amount of rear travel? It’s a 40mm shock? Thanks.

cp

someone clarify the amount of rear trave

It’s 100mm rear travel

nuke

Hi, can someone clarify the amount of rear travel? It’s a 40mm shock?

Its 40mm (giving 100mm travel).

I agree with others, you have to run it high…. running 240psi and I’m about 72.5kg with bike kit on.

Be interesting to hear what others run there’s at relative to their weight

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.