Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Video editing software
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have just got a helmet cam and would like some recomened editing software for use. I would like something that would allow me to chop out any bits init so that i can just leave the cam on rather than stopping and starting it if possible.
    Thanks

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

quicktime pro is very easy to use and only about $20 i think

grumm
    Free Member

iMovie is pretty good.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

iMovie on a Mac is excellent, for just this sort of thing. Only on a Mac, though. QT Pro is very basic; more just for sharing little video clips, really, than editing.

I think Windoze movie Maker is the same sort of thing as iMovie, but I haven’t really used it.

If these are not sophisticated enough, then you’re going to have to get the Final Cut Pro suite, or Adobe Premiere or something. Mucho deneiro.

flyingmonkeycorps

Windows Movie Maker is bearable on XP, dunno what the Vista version is like. I actually don’t know of any decent open source stuff

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Windows Movie Maker on Vista does a pretty good job – we (bigfootmbc.co.uk) treated ourselves to a club helmet cam recently and have been documenting our travels Bigfootmbc’s Vimeo page

The only time I felt I could have wanted more features is when we had two different sets of cam footage to cut together – it would have been good to load both up at the same time to make cutting between them easier…

happysnapper
    Free Member

The Sony Vegas software is pretty good. You can download a trial on their website. It’s pretty comprehensive but the platinum pack does cost around £60 .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Video editing software’ is closed to new replies.