Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Very tall and slim men – your attention please!
  • Rich_s

+4 for Charles Tyrwhitt.

Has anybody ever tried one of those "over from Hong Kong" outfits? Raja fashions and the like?

chriswilk
    Free Member

being 2m and slim with long arms, and having very little need for formal shirts (hence not willing to spend a fortune on them), I'd say Next.
    Go to a bigger store, they have "tailored fit" and "slim fit" and do long arms. The larger stores have one of each size to try on, then can order anything in that fit.

I have to go for slim fit (I think it's 4 inches off the width) with long arms (2 inches longer), meaning I can get away with a 16.5 collar. Otherwise it would be about an 18 collar and the shirt would drown me.

yetidave
    Free Member

Suppose I'm lanky (6ft5 14st), formal suits from Slaters menswear, reasonable prices and they re-tailor for free, or they did last time I got a suit from them.

*edit* they do work on commission though and tend to stalk you around the shop a little, you need to be able to say no or you will spend lots.

willard

TM Lewin do formal shirts (double cuff) with longer arms and a slim fit. I have one of their's and it is a good fit for my svelt 6' 5" form.

Other than than, hit up M&S. They do a longer version of a lot of their better shirts and the quality is usually pretty good.

ahwiles
    Free Member

what shirts for a freak like me?

15" neck

42" chest

32" waist

long arms (6'6" fingertips)

short torso

?

(i can't find shirts that fit* – so i don't wear them, but would very much like to)

(* anything with long enough arms seems cut to fit someone with a 50" waist)

edit, thanks Willard!

euanr
    Free Member

I reckon I fit your "shape" brief…my best fitting shirts are (in descending order): M&S Made to Measure, Zara, erm that's it as no other shirts have the arm length. M&S 2" longer were ok lengthwise but way too baggy!

TooTall
    Free Member

Willard – measure your sleeve length from the middle of your shoulders to the cuff. Most shirt makers will go up to 36" sleeves but Lewins do 38" OTP – which I need. If you are 36" or shorter sleeved, you have a massive choice.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

ahwiles -how tall are you?

I'm the same neck and chest but 30" waist and 5'8" – can make some clothing purchases challenging.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm 6'2"

sensible grown-up clothes just don't fit me – everything seems designed for short fat people.

s'quite depressing being relegated to the world of baggy jeans and medium-fit T-shirts.

if i wear anything with sleeves it just looks like i nicked it from my little brother.

iDave
    Free Member

bye Damien

sherry
    Free Member

I’m 6’6″ tall and 15 3/4 stone.

17″ neck
    43″ chest
    36″ arm length

M&S are not too bad along with next for high street chains but other than that I struggle. Good to know where other tall slim people get their clothes.

Where do other tall slim people buy their jeans? 38″ waist and at least a 36/38″ leg without being supper baggy or super tight at the thighs.

donsimon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’m 6’4″ with a 42″ chest, not really a problem. The difficulty I have is finding a shirt that will fit my chest and not look too baggy around my 32″ waist or too short for my 35″ arm.
    Does anyone know where I could procure a shirt that’ll fit?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

M & S Long (special order, I believe) might help?

TooTall
    Free Member

Lewins Windsor Slim Fit. They added a load of sizes to that style a couple of months ago – a true revelation for the taller chap – I have the 17.5″ collar / 38″ sleeves and the shirts look like they were made for me. Tall chaps take note.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Very tall and slim men – your attention please!’ is closed to new replies.