Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Velodrome for training?
  • bob_summers

Any ideas for workouts that can be done solo? I’m thinking about using the local track, not with a view to racing (no leagues for my age/ability), just to mix up the winter training a bit. The guy I spoke to there says that it’s usually empty at the times I’d be going there so I’m trying to think of stuff I can just get on with on my own.

crazy-legs

Track riding on your own is the very definition of boring. You NEED other people around to make it worthwhile and useful. To be honest I’d rather sit on a turbo than do track alone.

Macavity
    Free Member

“You NEED other people around to make it worthwhile and useful. “

You have got a point…..

Gregory Bauge vs Kevin Sireau UCI WC 2009 sprint semifinal

kilo

You could try various types of interval session, plenty out on google tt forum etc. If you’re taking the trainig seriously what would be handy would be something like a garmin foreruuner 305 with the session you intend to do fully programmed in so just get out and ride, the watch bleeps when you have to sprint and stay in the right hr zone and bleeps when you have to rest etc,, a 305 has the advantage of being worn as a watch, some velodromes won’t a) let you have garmins and other projections on your bike b) wont let you stick stuff on their bikes. It still may be very dull and a turbo an easier cheaper alternative:-)

winterfold
    Free Member

That Bauge recovery is **** amazing will never get bored of seeing that again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Velodrome for training?’ is closed to new replies.