USPS's UK agents?

Home Forum Bike Forum USPS's UK agents?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • USPS's UK agents?
  • neninja

Sadly it's usually Parcelforce.

If there is duty and vat to be paid they usually send you a letter asking for payment which by the time they posted it and you've received it adds another week to the delivery time.

Very annoying. Why they can't do what UPS do and ask for payment when the driver arrives is beyond me. The UPS drivers terminals can all process card payments – simple.

flatfish

Its parcel farce
    They made an "attempted delivery" a few months back to me and i was expecting it, nobody arrived, no card for me either. The following day i got a letter from the postman saying it was at the parcel farce depot and i had some VAT to pay and £8 for parcel farce. Not sure how they can justify 8 quid for an attempted delivery that they didn't attempt, it was a 20 mile round trip for me to go and collect it. bar stewards!

5lab

you can track it on parcelforce's website with the same tracking number, usually

probably means parcelforce turned up and asked for £100 for customs, someone told them to **** orf

Sam

£8 for parcel farce. Not sure how they can justify 8 quid for an attempted delivery that they didn't attempt, it was a 20 mile round trip for me to go and collect it. bar stewards!

The £8 is their fee for clearing it through customs. All couriers will have a charge of this sort. Usually a flat rate fee irrespective of the value of the import.

probably means parcelforce turned up and asked for £100 for customs

As above, standard parcelforce practice is to send the letter asking you to pay charges on line or over the phone (whether their online payment system actually works at the time is a different matter entirely…), IME they will not turn up at your door asking charges to be paid. The USPS tracking may say 'attempted delivery', but I've found this is not necessarily accurate, once the parcel is here use the PF tracking. If you call your depot as soon as they have your parcel you can usually pay the charge and get them to deliver next day without needing to wait for the letter.

flatfish

Sam, i accept they have to pay to "clear it" but a bare faced lie of the "attempted delivery" is a bit rich from them.

uplink

Not sure how they can justify 8 quid for an attempted delivery that they didn't attempt

its not for the 'attempted delivery' – it's their admin charge for dealing with the duty/tax
    the letter is a standard one they use – they didn't attempt delivery because they won't allow the driver to collect money

z1ppy

I'm assuming this is still Royal Mail/Parcel farce?
    Looking at the tracking of my parcel (bike parts), it say the "Attempted Delivery Abroad" yesterday.. to site with 24hr security staff (who I trust) in a gatehouse to the site.
    Personnaly I believe, who-ever the UK agent is, is lie-ing through there teeth, but is there any way I can contact them & try and collect it from the 'sorting' office?
    (no card, as they never came to site)
    As the last thing I want is for it to be returned to the US.

Sam

bare faced lie of the "attempted delivery" is a bit rich from them

Does it say that on the PF site or USPS? I've had that on the USPS site, but when you look at the PF site it says 'awaiting customs charging' or something like that.

It's a fault with the USPS system, I've had this a few times with bike bits from America. When USPS hand it over to Parcel Farce they then record it as an attempted delivery. It's nothing to do with Parcel Farce. Very annoying as you end up wondering WTF then chasing undelivered parcels with the seller as you've not heard anything a few days later. As siad, if you track on the Parcel Farce website with the same number you shoudl get 'proper' info.

flatfish

it was the usps site to be fair but i had no idea the same usps tracking code would work with the parcel farce web tracker.
    it was just incredibly frustrating as i'd waited 4 months for this parcel to arrive and then i was told i'd missed the delivery that i'd stayed in for all day (luckily work was quiet and i could spend all day at home doing paperwork).

z1ppy

Letter arrived today @ site, yep customs charges (as expected) & a nice £13 handling fee. Collected my package direct from the depot, though they would have delivered it again after I'd paid the fee's.

Always annoyed by the handling fee, why isn't this covered by the original P&P?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘USPS's UK agents?’ is closed to new replies.