Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Using alternative pad in Formula Cura 4
  • Sui
    Free Member

Likely to end up in fire and death, however has anyone got any exoperience of using a non formual Cura 4 pad in their brakes? Royal mail have lost my parcel and i’m off to morzine in the morning with about 1mm left on the existing pads. Cura 4’s seem like rocking horse poo…

ta

honourablegeorge

Currently using Galfer and Trickstuff pads in mine, no issues with either

Sui
    Free Member

sorry, meant a different pad design – i.e. shimano 4 pot or hopes – would they fit? I can’t get any Cura 4 shapes anywhere at the moment..

joebristol

Guess it’s just trying to find a pad the most similar shape to what you have. Not only to cover all the pistons / the right height for the caliper shape – but also with the hole for the retaining pin in the right place.

You might end up having the best option being to pickup some cheap brakes whilst out there to stick on the bike 🤷‍♂️

singlespeedstu

Just compared some Saint pads to some Cura4’s buy placing the saint on top of the Cura.

Looks like they’ll go in but may rattle a bit and the pad material sits a bit higher on the Saints when the holes are in line.

Sui
    Free Member

nice one Stu, that could be a pack up plan. Someone on Surrey Hills FB may have just come to the rescue!

honourablegeorge

AH, got it

Saint pads are quite a bit smaller than cura ones, I’d have thought

singlespeedstu

Surprisingly not much smaller.
    BTW where are you getting your Trickstuff and Galfa pads from?

honourablegeorge

R2-Bike for Trickstuff, Galfer from Alltricks

singlespeedstu

OK cheers.
    Was really looking for a UK supply as R2 want 12.5 Euro for shipping and Alltricks have a min order.
    Life used to be so easy when we could order from all the European places easily.

bruneep

https://dirthut.co.uk/galfer-brake-pads-for-formula-637-c.asp

bought from them before with no issues, infact I’ll buy a couple more sets just know

tetrode
    Free Member

Thanks for that dirthut link bruneep! I was literally just looking for Cura 4 pads as well. I like the standard formula organic ones but wow they do not last long at all, and I didn’t want to keep bothering the Geometron guys for more. Ordered 2 pairs of the red Galfer ones.

igm

On the saints – If the pad material goes above the edge of the disc then it won’t wear in that area and as the rest wears will ‘de-tune’ your braking ability.

ok to use just check regularly and file it down if necessary.

singlespeedstu

Cheers bruneep.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Using alternative pad in Formula Cura 4’ is closed to new replies.