Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Unsavoury incident (gun and garrote content)
  • hora
    Free Member

Love it when a farmer empties a huge amount of slurry in a commonly used gate/access through his farm yard.

It used to happen on a farm in the Peaks (Cant remember its named now).

McHamish
    Free Member

Also a large number of people killed on farms are trespassing there.

Gamekeepers and landowners do not shoot people, and they have absolutely no right to do so. They can shoot your dog if it’s worrying animals as mentioned above.

v8ninety

ILMG, you said;

and dont act like lower class people

This is what I was referring to. If I misunderstood your meaning, then I am, of course, very sorry.

v8ninety

Gamekeepers and landowners do not shoot people,

They both do and have done, on occasion. The fact that they have no right to is not in dispute.

takisawa2

I cant believe that people think being threatened by three blokes with a gun is worthy of asking if the plods might be interested in.

Perhaps the streets of Kent are awash with gun toting gangsters, & this is quite the norm down there. 🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

They both do and have done, on occasion.

Hardly ever.

And I suspect they wish they hadn’t if they didn’t have justification due to the legal ramifications.

Shooting a trespasser for merely trespassing is murder or attempted murder.

Shooting a poacher in self defense is not, although the police would still investigate it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

They both do and have done, on occasion. The fact that they have no right to is not in dispute.

I can’t remember a single case. I don’t suppose you have a link do you (post 1900)?

v8ninety

Linky linky

A really quick google found these. I’m obviously not saying that gamekeepers and landowners are better or worse than anyone else, just that they are human and in possession of firearms, that’s all.

(and I’m not arguing for or against gun ownership, for the record)

bent_udder
    Free Member

Guns don’t kill people: rappers do.

OP – did you get the license plate of the 4×4?

v8ninety

…I saw it on a documentary, on BBC 2…

McHamish
    Free Member

A really quick google found these.

Did you read it?

v8ninety

Of course I did. In amongst the pleasant activities such as poisoning various wildlife, shooting birds of prey and having lax respect for ammunition, there is a chap who shot someone for trying to pinch his car (harsh, but I can sympathise) drink drivers etc. My point is, human, like the rest of us. (and in possession of firearms). Would you like to be spoonfed more data? Or shall we accept that landowners/gamekeepers et al are no better (or worse) than the rest of us?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Of course I did. In amongst the pleasant activities such as poisoning various wildlife, shooting birds of prey and having lax respect for ammunition, there is a chap who shot someone for trying to pinch his car (harsh, but I can sympathise) drink drivers etc. My point is, human, like the rest of us. (and in possession of firearms). Would you like to be spoonfed more data? Or shall we accept that landowners/gamekeepers et al are no better (or worse) than the rest of us?

So you’ve downgraded landowners shoot people to landowners are no better (or worse) than the rest of us?

Yeah. I see your point entirely now.

v8ninety

So you’ve downgraded landowners shoot people to landowners are no better (or worse) than the rest of us?
    Yeah. I see your point entirely now.

My point, or issue has always been with the implication made by ILMG that landowners (someone else brought gamekeepers into the equation) are somehow better than the rest of us. The point I have been trying to make is that they are no better or worse than anyone else, that’s all.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

The Home Office have long admitted that Firearms owners are more law abiding than the general population, since any minor transgression can lead to the loss of their sport and/or livelihood.

Drink driving – licence gone, domestic violence – licence gone, drunk and disorderly -licence gone, common assault – licence gone

Think about if driving licences were scrutinised to that extent!

McHamish
    Free Member

I would like to be spoonfed more data please.

v8ninety

I can completely see the argument that (legal) firearms owners are more law abiding than average, for the reasons you state as well as the fact that you are checked out before being given a licence. Is there any documented evidence? (sorry mcHamish, my turn for spoon-feeding now, you’ll have to use your own google)

BTW McHamish, I’m not actually quite sure what we disagree on?

McHamish
    Free Member

My only point was that I don’t think the frequency in which landowners shoot people are as high as has been implied.

I’m not convinced that the people in the OP were gamekeepers or landowners, I’ve never seen a gamekeeper drive a big silver anything…mostly beaten up land rovers or a pick-up with a covered cage on the back for his dogs. Although I moved to the big smoke 10 years ago so things might have changed in the sticks.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

v8ninety – Member
    Gamekeepers and landowners do not shoot people,

believe me if you did you would lose ur friends’ in the shooting community, they dont like nut jobs.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

I’m not convinced that the people in the OP were gamekeepers or landowners, I’ve never seen a gamekeeper drive a big silver anything…mostly beaten up land rovers or a pick-up with a covered cage on the back for his dogs. Although I moved to the big smoke 10 years ago so things might have changed in the sticks.

if it is big its always green 🙂

v8ninety

My only point was that I don’t think the frequency in which landowners shoot people are as high as has been implied.

Didn’t think that it was implied, other than people with guns tend to shoot people more often than people without guns, obviously. If I did imply that, then I apologise, it was not my intention.

believe me if you did you would lose ur friends’ in the shooting community, they dont like nut jobs.

And hopefully also be in prison, able to make a whole new set of less fussy friends? Lol.

aracer
    Free Member

Totally irrelevant to the rest of the thread, but if they put wires across the track, how are they going to get their landrover down it?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Wynne i can only assumeyou are trolling? This happened yesterday and you are asking today? WTF is 999 for?

You should have been diallinga s soon as they were out of sight!!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

the only experience ive ever had with people actually using guns for the wrong thing was when my dads friend was shot by a poacher, they had got him done several times and the police took away his guns, so he got one of a mate and killed my dads friend on his door step. was really sad 🙁

andrewy

OP please keep us posted on this. I’ve ridden down that track countless times over the last 20 years or so, and always assumed it was a right of way (white road). Never had any trouble either mind but this is a worry.

McHamish
    Free Member

Out of interest, was this late in the evening?

Poachers will often drive while hunting deer at night…they wait for a deer and then stick on the main beam on the headlights. The deer will stand there transfixed waiting for the poacher to shoot it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can’t remember a single case. I don’t suppose you have a link do you (post 1900)?

As kids we were shot at (and hit) by a farmer with a shotgun, while crossing his fields as a short cut home from school. We were being careful to avoid the crops and walking around the edge but he didn’t care much. Friend had to pick lead out of his arse, but no-one went to the police as we knew we were not meant to be there and would have got a bigger kicking from parents if they found out!

timc
    Free Member

id say go for another ride up there

wynne
    Free Member

No, I’m no troll. All reported now.

I am surprised that it’s caused such heated discussion. I will keep yo posted when I hear anything back from the council or the police.

A while ago I did a few years of anthropolgy fieldwork which has maybe given me a more relaxed attitude to people waving guns around. I’ve also had some extremely poor responses from the police when reporting cycling related incidents. In hindsight you’re absolutely right, I should have reported it immediately.

theotherjonv

Have to say after reading the summary of that report, farms seem a darn sight more dangerous for children of farm workers doing daft stuff than for people trespassing on farms.

“Fell fell from moving tractor – possibly trying to urinate through door. crushed by harrow”

Hadge
    Free Member

With hindsight you should have remembered the registration plate and THEN reported it immediately! I’d hazard a guess they had no right to threaten you like that and even if it was an air-soft gun or whatever – report it. Sorry but I think you did it wrong and you should have been stronger. I had a driver deliberately try knock me off my bike – I didn’t go home and post on a forum asking for advice – I remembered his number, called the Police and he’s been charged – end of. I’m smiling he isn’t.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

“Fell fell from moving tractor – possibly trying to urinate through door. crushed by harrow”

10 billion ways to die, chose one, and **** me that’s a original way to die.
    i as a child almost drowned in used engine oil

Kato

Wynne YGM

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve also had some extremely poor responses from the police when reporting cycling related incidents

You’ll likely find you get a far better response reporting a gun related incident!

andrewh
    Free Member

dont act like lower class people

To be fair, you don’t often hear ‘GET ORF MOI LAND’ shouted in council estates though, do you? It’s often the ‘landed’ amongst us that have the biggest issue with public access.

It’s the middle classes who tend not to get involved. Both the upper and lower classes spend most of their time wandering around huge estates with guns….

myheadsashed

Nobodys done this yet 😆

I’m still traumatised 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Unsavoury incident (gun and garrote content)’ is closed to new replies.