Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Unbelievable Car Insurance Quotes for 'Yoofs'
  • nedrapier

If there was money to be made by insuring young male drivers at much cheaper premiums, someone would be doing it already.

edit: I read from the top and replied without refreshing first. what Ian Munro said!

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I passed my test aged 18. Insurance (TPFT) just over £700, a year later gone down a bit to £650.

Thats what happens when your car is a 2001, 999cc Vauxhall Corsa 😛

That said, looking to upgrade my car as I’ve been doing a lot more motorway driving and I find a 1l engine isn’t very economical when cruising on the motorway, to go to a 3 year old Fiesta, with a 1.4 engine…only puts the insurance up to £700!

krag
    Free Member

In New Zealand car insurance isn’t technically compulsory as they have the ACC pot to cover you in the event of an accident. (Funded by payment from your earnings, fuel and car tax). Stops a lot of this where there’s a blame there’s a claim nonsense too.

I’m making the most of it…. fully comp on a 280bhp Subaru for $550 (around £260). I doubt I’d even get it insurance on it back home.

konabunny
    Free Member

There’s a lot to be said for the New Zealand approach to personal injury. It would save a gigantic amount of insurance and litigation costs.

Hairychested
    Free Member

There’s a lot to be said for the New Zealand approach to personal injurydriving.

FIFY

konabunny
    Free Member

my cousin who lives across the ditch says that they’re notoriously shit drivers. is that wrong?

joemarshall
    Free Member

my cousin who lives across the ditch says that they’re notoriously shit drivers. is that wrong?

Nope, they are pretty bad, not helped by pretty much everyone drink driving, and to say the least a lax approach to things like driving licences, insurance etc. I had people offer me drives in their cars over there and I’d never driven anything, let alone got a licence or any insurance.

Oh and masses of suicidal boy racer idiots driving massively too powerful cars.

parkesie
    Free Member

I just rode a bike everywhere till i was 25 job done. Even now most months i only put 200 miles on my car. Might just get rid of it if the insurance premiums start getting daft aswell as fuel etc.
    Bikes are the future.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Unbelievable Car Insurance Quotes for 'Yoofs'’ is closed to new replies.