Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • ULTRA reliable forks (not Marzocchi's) with decent damping £200-350
  • scruff
    Free Member

Buy those coil lyrics from ST, i have some they are stiff, bombproof and work amazing.

passtherizla
    Free Member

decided against financing some? new forks the Hora?

hora
    Free Member

I’d finance new Fox36’s but not at 7-800. No fork is worth that much.

If Merlins comeback in its 270 new!

Posted on ST’s thread. Although in 2009/10 Lyriks were c400 new. I know I bought the same. The Sektors present a better benchmark IMO though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Coil Sketors with a stiffer spring. Love mine. Great value for money.

passtherizla
    Free Member

yep, bloody silly prices. It did hurt handing over £800 for some forks.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why do I get the feeling this will end with you buying a Marzocchi?

hora
    Free Member

No. Mazz are rare now. I imagine they’ll leave the UK due to dwindling sales volume

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Mazz lost it 4 to 5 years ago, I bought some of these

They have a piece of string in, I kid you not, which keeps snapping.

granny_ring

I’m 13 stone and the sektors (2011s) were way too soft so reckon you’d have to swap the spring from the off. I ended up selling mine after only a few hours use. Don’t know how much a firmer spring would cost?

Dales_rider
    Free Member
    Blower
    Free Member

I wouldn’t touch Marzocchi’s, even if I was a pro team rider.

i despair 😕

i am the opposite i wunt touch Fox

hora
    Free Member

Ive never ever experienced fox warranty.

Ive owned van125s, brown talas 36 and 36 floats.

RC3’s are great? Yeah until they spring a leak etc. Windwave REPLACE not repair carts. I wonder how much a rc3 cart is?

Dales rider Im a 100kg teddy bear!

cyclewerx

I’d definitely go with Sektors, brilliant forks for the money. If you can find them though I would get Revalations as they are truly a fantastic fork capable of anything from XC to slightly less than suicidal! If you hunt around you can find a bargain. I have just last week purchased some 2012 Revelations RLT from Merlin Cycles for £306. They are up at £339.95 but when you add them to the basket you save another £33.99…result 😀

Just checked, they are running out fast!!

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/2012-rockshox-revelation-rlt-15mm-axle.html

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah. I bought a pair too. New bike coming up…. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Ta but it has to be 20mm

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

i would suggest revelations would be a bit noodly under a 100kg rider. I’m 70kg and they are noticeably twangy on my HT. Not surprising given how stupid light they are.

Are your Bombers from the bad years? I wouldn’t part with my ’10RC3Tis…

hora
    Free Member

2011 is post bad years.

Popocatapetl

Once you’ve had a ride on my 160 TALAS Kashima RLC FITs tomorrow, you’ll be talking to your Bank Manager 😀

ianv
    Free Member

Mazz lost it 4 to 5 years ago, I bought some of these

Yeh, they had one bad year, 2008. They got their s__t together again pretty quickly though. My 2009 66s have been bombproof and my 2012 888s are awesome. Most people also think the (post 2008/9) 55s and 44s are ace as well.

If I was in the market for a new fork, it would be Marzocchi every time.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

i would suggest revelations would be a bit noodly under a 100kg rider.

Whilst I know for a fact that they are not. 🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

hora – Member

Dales rider Im a 100kg teddy bear!

Marginally heavier than me, having had Fox, Magura, and Mazzies I went back to Rock Shox after a 18 year gap. Now running Sid RLTs and Rev XX X-locs, cant fault them.

hora
    Free Member

Ianv I too once said that. Popo’ **** ****. How much are they…eek. Mind you if they blow me away. Why not 8)

cyclewerx

@hora Rockshox have stopped with the 20mm axles now but to be honest I can’t feel a great load load of difference. Still think they are a good fork.

@peterpoddy
    what new bike are you putting them on?

hora
    Free Member

Why???? Save grams?

jamj1974

yossarian – Member
    at least he has a beautiful penis

Is it springy with controlled damping? Oh and IS or post mount?

elliott-20
    Free Member

You can buy my 32 Vans so I can go off and buy some ‘zocchis 🙂

If it’s reliability and controlled damping how about this; 😆

hora
    Free Member

Buy zochi’s. Run them as your only forks then CRY.

Be my guest.

cyclewerx

hora, not sure why they’ve done it. Maybe its to save weight but the difference between the two must be very minimal…perhaps its just to keep potential buyers interested and thinking they need 15mm then in a few years they’ll tell us all we need 20mm again.
    If you have 20mm hubs on your wheels you can buy adapters from Hope to run 15mm axle if its an issue

Northwind

hora – Member

Why???? Save grams?

OEM demands mainly- QR15 won the standard war even though it’s pointless, so manufacturers wanted 15mm across their ranges. RS put out a brilliant statement along the lines of – “Here’s our 15mm maxle. It’s a pointless thing, 20mm is better and lighter, but everyone wants 15mm and at least this one’s better than Fox. Don’t blame us, blame Trek”

Potdog
    Free Member

Got to say that the Revelation RLT’s on our hire bikes have been fantastic. They have survived a year on post ride clean, squirt of Brunox and cycle to clean out the crud. Granted they see more dust than mud, but they have been the perfect hire bike fork.

On the flip side, one of our guides has had to service their Fox 32’s after 1 month of riding (New seals etc) as they dried up. Granted, 1 month of guiding is a bit more that the recommended service interval. But they were just serviced and fresh from Mojo at the outset.

I want to spend time riding, not servicing forks, so happy with the Revelations, oh and the 55’s on my enduro which are going great too.

Euro
    Free Member

What bike are they for?

I’ve a set of the older Uturn Revs and had a set of ’12 RTLs Dual airs. Both on hardtails and older ones are a far better fork ime. Better feeling and noticeably stiffer. The RTLs were ok for general riding, but no amount of tweaking the + and – pressures made them behave properly when the going got rough. And they were twangy/flexy/noodly (i’m around 100kg also).

So for the money you’re prepared to spend, you could get a reliable fork, but it might not be very good.

Coyote
    Free Member

I run a set of Marzocchi Z3 coils from 2001. Service them now and again, never let me down. Did have some of the “infamous” forks, went back to Windwave, sorted but still didn’t like so sold on.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘ULTRA reliable forks (not Marzocchi's) with decent damping £200-350’ is closed to new replies.