Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • UKIP Junk mail? Send it back at their expense :)
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

From various tweets / posts going around the internet:

If UKIP shove useless leaflets through your letterbox return them at their expense: UKIP FREEPOST RLSU-HZBG-UBBG, Lexdrum House, TQ12 6UT

I like this idea but why stop at just their junk mail. Why not send them all of your unwanted junk mail? Flood their office with rubbish they have to deal with and cost them money! Apparently you can send them up to 4kg and it costs them £5. I wonder how many bits of junk we’d have to send to bankrupt them….

gears_suck
    Free Member

Or you could just vote.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Well I would do if I was in the UK currently however I like the idea of anything the stymies UKIP in my absence. Though I am currently waiting for confirmation of my Proxy Vote authorisation.

Got old phone books taking up space? Wrap them in a sheet of Daily Mail and send them off 😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t you think Nigel Farage has enough problems stopping his closet racists from coming out of the closet and undermining his attempts to present UKIP as a respectable party, without you adding to his woes by sending him your junk mail ?

UKIP candidate says comedian Lenny Henry should “emigrate to a black country”

Next you’ll be giving the poor man further headaches by reminding people on cycling forums what UKIP’s policies on cycling are, such as :

10.2 We believe that there needs to be a better balance of rights and responsibilities for pedal cyclists, with too much aggressive abuse of red lights, pedestrian crossings and a lack of basic safety and road courtesy.

10.6 UKIP would consult on the desirability of minimum third party liability insurance cover for cyclists – a simple annual flat rate registration ‘Cycledisc’, stuck to the bicycle frame, to cover damage to cars and others, which are currently unprotected. The Cycledisc should also carry clear identification details, which will help counter bicycle theft, and deter dangerous cyclist behaviour. We support provision of cycle parking at
    reasonable charges.

10.7 UKIP believes that basic cycle and safety training should be made mandatory, and be funded in schools or via local authorities. UKIP supports the campaign work of national cycling organisations.

10.9 Local authorities should be given additional powers to enforce a ‘cyclists dismount’ or ‘no cycling’ regulation where there are safety concerns – such as on busy roundabouts, junctions or bus lanes, or where the road would be too narrowed by cycle lanes and cause
    unacceptable delays to traffic[/i]

http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPtransport.pdf

Leave the man alone will you, he’s got enough on his plate with an election coming up and trying not to remind everyone that he leads a bunch of fruitcakes, loonies, and closet racists.

MSP

10.7 UKIP believes that basic cycle and safety training should be made mandatory, and be funded in schools or via local authorities. UKIP supports the campaign work of national cycling organisations.

While the reasons behind their thinking may be different to mine, I would be for some cycle training on the school curriculum, not sure how it could be done on a practical level, but all schools should offer it.

woody21
    Free Member

I never knew that, I can know test the knowledge of any UKIP candidate that appears at my front door

thegreatape
    Free Member

I used to vote for them at every election, but the party as a whole went downhill when David Sutch died and they changed their name.

Houns

Not read that Lenny Henry article, but seeing as he’s from THE Black Country he can stay right here thanks very much

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Racist

wingnuts

I’m getting the scales out and see what useless crap I could send them. If I print some self adhesive labels I could combine two public services by picking up those plastic dog poo bags left on the trails/parks and dropping them in the post.

Houns

Awesome idea! Let’s collect all the poo bags

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Just ensure it complies with Royal Mail regs, wouldnt want it being disposed off now or worse returned to sender

boxelder

Posting poo will land you in deep trouble (and them in deep 5hit)
    House bricks.

ninfan
    Free Member

Its hardly a novel idea, was done years ago against LACS, and doesn’t work, because Royal mail confirmed that they wouldn’t deliver and wouldn’t charge the recipient in cases of postal abuse.

in fact its quite depressing that the ‘anti UKIPpers’ are so unoriginal – all they would succeed in doing is increasing royal mail’s costs, and therefore everyone else’s stamps!

wingnuts

But aside from my suggestion, is it abuse? They (the Post Office) are happy to deliver us all sorts of unrequested stuff. If its not abuse to me it can’t be to them either can it?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Lenny Henry is already King of The Black Country. 😀

wingnuts

And I’m now going to spend the rest of the day considering ways to creatively engage them, even to the extent of talking to them so they don’t have time to engage with others.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hansard 6th Feb 2006 (ie. at the time of the LACS campaign)

Harry Cohen: To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry if he will introduce legislation to make illegal the deliberate imposition of costs upon a freepost operator through campaign mail. [46736]

Barry Gardiner: Misuse of the ‘Freepost’ product is an operational and contractual matter for the attention of the product’s owner. Royal Mail have procedures for managing potential misuse of the service and these ensure that freepost operators are not penalised by systematic abuse.

Drac

They (the Post Office) are happy to deliver us all sorts of unrequested stuff. If its not abuse to me it can’t be to them either can it?

Yeah that’s not the same as someone has paid them to deliver the junk mail, you can of course opt out but I’m sure you’ve done that haven’t you?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

UKIP must love all of this free publicity they get. They’re insignificant, yet are being treat as one of the main political parties because of people’s reaction to them.

They’re just old skool middle class racists who happen to appeal to daily mail readership of this country. Ignore them and they’ll go away.

ninfan
    Free Member

They’re just old skool middle class racists

What, all of them?

Ignore them and they’ll go away.

Like him?

GrahamS
    konabunny
    Free Member

all they would succeed in doing is increasing royal mail’s costs, and therefore everyone else’s stamps!

Don’t you mean lowering the profit margins of the private sector shareholders?

wingnuts

Yes Drac I’ve opted out of junk mail but its amazing how much stuff still gets through! So no I don’t approve of sending turds to anyone but it was a nice concept.

As a white middle class professional living in the true blue south east there is a lot of latent racism about and it isn’t going away. I’m married to a Brit born middle class social worker who is somewhat darker than Lenny H and Farrage gives lots of people the green light to voice their prejudices. They will say he has a point! His jolly reasonableness empowers them.

Anyway I’ll go for a ride now and see how many red socks I can knock over as they pick up their canine offerings.

yunki
    Free Member

in fact its quite depressing that the ‘anti UKIPpers’ are so unoriginal

really?
    That’s something that depresses you..?

speaks volumes 😆

number18
    Free Member

I won’t vote for them, but:

They’re just old skool middle class racists who happen to appeal to daily mail readership of this country. Ignore them and they’ll go away.

If hundreds of thousands of people do (or millions), do they deserve a place to speak in the public eye? I think so. As mad as it may sound, if say 10% of people hold those views, should they not be represented in parliament?

ninfan
    Free Member

As mad as it may sound, if say 10% of people hold those views

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/04/24/voters-new-ukip-adverts-are-not-racist/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course the adverts aren’t racist taken in isolation – they’ve been carefully designed not to be. They do, of course, appeal to racists, but also (and moreso) bigots. It’s not at all surprising to see who’s defending them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

UKIP must love all of this free publicity they get.

They don’t, not the sort of “free publicity” they’ve been getting, according to Nigel Farage.

He claims that there is a smear campaign against UKIP and that all their candidates and policies are being intensely scrutinised, I don’t think he’s very happy about it at all.

UKIP thrives on people being ignorant about their policies and what they really stand for. Putting their policies and candidates/members into the spotlight can do enormous damage to them.

In fact Nigel Farage is so embarrassed by UKIP policies that he recently disowned them all.

The Ukip policies disowned by Nigel Farage

Likewise UKIP candidates and members put into the spotlight have embarrassed Nigel Farage so much that he has been forced to distance himself from them, or suspend them, or even expel them.

Ignore them and they’ll go away.

There is no evidence to suggest that strategy works and in fact there is plenty of evidence that it has the opposite effect.

UKIP has been around for over 20 years. For most of the 20 years UKIP has been largely ignored and left to create their own publicity. Today their standing in opinion polls is the highest it has ever been.

And if Nigel Farage can’t make up his mind what UKIP policies are then as sure as hell UKIP supporters can’t be sure either – their support base is based on ignorance.

The good news, if you don’t like the Tories, is that UKIP has particular appeal to working class Tories. Many people who would otherwise vote Tory will be voting UKIP instead. Which is obviously very bad news for the Tories.

It would be wrong btw to assume that UKIP supporters are necessarily all right-wing intolerant bigots, for example most UKIP supporters support same sex marriage while UKIP itself opposed it. Working class Tories tend by definition to be confused people.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I sent mine back to the address on the mailshot.
    I did however say I was interested in UKIP policies and maybe that nice Mr Farage could come back to Edinburgh and explain them.
    After all, last time was so funny it could be repeated forever.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

their support base is based on ignorance.

Like pretty much all of the parties then

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nothing like “all of the parties”.

Most Tory, Labour, LibDem, SNP, Green, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein, DUP, and SDLP voters, have a reasonably established understanding of the policies of the parties they vote for and what they are saying.

In contrast most UKIP voters know little about the policies of UKIP. And why would they …… when the leader of UKIP himself doesn’t seem to know UKIP policies ?

UKIP is fundamentally a protest party, ie, support it merely to oppose others. Voting UKIP is more an expression of protest than one of support. Which doesn’t make UKIP very much like other parties.

CountZero

Yes Drac I’ve opted out of junk mail but its amazing how much stuff still gets through!

The same as junk calls. You can ask for your details to be removed from mailing lists, but the trouble is, the senders buy up lists of names to replace the ones removed, which frequently seem to contain the same names. It’s part of my job to update our databases for the charities we deal with, and send the updates back, but that doesn’t mean they’ll use them, or that they’ll compare the updated lists with new bought-in lists. It’s not unusual for me to get returned mail, with comments like ‘this person died ten years ago’, and ‘this person moved from this address twenty-two years ago’ (both being recent letters received).
    PITA.

El-bent
    Free Member

I haven’t had any UKIP leaflets, but got one today from the BNP, delivered by a gaggle of middle aged skinhead fatboys. Clearly they weren’t individually capable of pushing a leaflet through a letter box.

The opening line of the leaflet was: “imagine the uk in 25 years when Sharia is the law, blah, blah, blah”. Islam is so last decade fellas, its now all “foreigners” that are the “the enemy”, BNP must be upset with being forgotten about now UKIP has stolen its thunder for attracting loonies.

It’s not at all surprising to see who’s defending them.

It wouldn’t be at all surprising if he was a UKIP candidate.

konabunny
    Free Member

You can ask for your details to be removed from mailing lists, but the trouble is, the senders buy up lists of names to replace the ones removed

Aren’t (some?) political communications treated differently to (real) junk mail?

kimbers

now im confused,

guess who

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Looks like the England flag receding on his loaf.

Northwind

Tragically it seems to be fake. Would be good if it was real though. Only time he’d ever been caught on camera without a tactical fag and pint.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Posted mine back..

neilthewheel

Mine too. I marked the racist bits for them, so they can tell.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘UKIP Junk mail? Send it back at their expense :)’ is closed to new replies.