Home Forums Chat Forum UK Government Thread

Viewing 16 posts - 2,281 through 2,296 (of 2,296 total)
  • UK Government Thread
  • ernielynch

If you don’t mind me asking, although presumably you do.

Was in direct reference to what has this got to do with the UK government. Despite copying and pasting the question Nick you only want to solely focus on further personal attacks, and then you have the nerve to talk about thread derailment.

Yeah I get it, me highlighting the hypocrisy of centrists suddenly discovering that Rosie Duffield is unfit to be a Labour MP straight after she resigns from the party, but not before she does, winds up people like you Nick.

So you resort to personal attacks and bullying tactics, completely derailing the thread in the process. And obviously it’s my fault.

ernielynch

Jeezus Jonv let it go. I throw in the towel, you are right about everything. Stop trying to drag a pointless “argument” (it wasn’t an argument, I didn’t challenge anything you said) into a second week. Seriously, get a grip.

theotherjonv

Any updates on this? I tipped someone off and they have just asked me if Keir is still resigning.

I said that I would check ;-)

Tomorrow it all comes out apparently.

Although the same accounts were also saying it would be all over the Sunday papers.

And still superinjunction mutterings

ernielynch

Tomorrow it all comes out apparently.

Cool. As I said previously personally I don’t believe for a minute that Starmer might be guilty of a resignable offence, but we shall see what, if anything, this is all about.

nickc

And obviously it’s my fault.

well, we’ve found common ground finally.

theotherjonv

Simon Case standing down due to ill health.

https://news.sky.com/story/uks-top-civil-servant-simon-case-announces-resignation-13225419

It’s a PM appointment after an open recruitment process, and apparently Case and Gray haven’t seen eye to eye…. so wonder how open that will be.

fenderextender
    Free Member

Wasn’t Case just a yes-man for Johnson?

I can see him having an issue with Sue Gray, TBH. If he’s anything like his master, her work ethic will have made him feel uncomfortable.

kelvin

Why wasn’t his wage jumped on by the press? He earns more than the PM, there must be someone they could find to be unhappy about that so they could rustle up a story.

Sad that he’s leaving due to ill health.

Surprised he stayed in his post after the Covid enquiry (so far). I suppose “the politicans were worse” kept him moderately safe. Remember when someone was needed to collate records for the police though… he was unsuitable for good reason.

Edukator
    Free Member

So if I’ve understood Starmer has done something that would noramlly force a resignation but we’ll never hear about it because superinjunctions. That does smack of conspiracy bollocks to dish dirt from fresh air. Russian propaganda merchants at work?

I’ve spent a week trying to get an answer to a question that you refuse to give.

TandemJeremy used to do that, Tjagain doesn’t, an example to follow, theotherjonv. Would you keep on asking the same question IRL? I wouldn’t: I not a cop, the Stasi or a Vichy.

fenderextender
    Free Member

Russian propaganda merchants at work?

Pretty much what I first thought, TBH.

MoreCashThanDash

So if I’ve understood Starmer has done something that would noramlly force a resignation but we’ll never hear about it because superinjunctions

Given what that gave Boris the chance to get away with, those Russian bots are going to have to be really creative to get my interest.

AD

Hmmm – dipping into this thread just makes me think of sealions…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

theotherjonv

So if I’ve understood Starmer has done something that would noramlly force a resignation but we’ll never hear about it because superinjunctions. That does smack of conspiracy bollocks to dish dirt from fresh air. Russian propaganda merchants at work?

Hmm….. not a bad supposition. As example:

https://x.com/NicholasLissack (to save clicks for those that don’t want to fund Musk)

Nicholas Lissack / Political Commentator | Media Contributor

2h

Hearing whispers that Keir Starmer has slapped a ‘super injunction’ on the press to keep his personal life under wraps. I’m digging into it now and will confirm if it’s legit. Stay tuned for updates – follow for the truth!

and from yesterday

My source tells me that Keir Starmer is allegedly doubling down, telling his advisors he’s ready to battle it out and cling to power. But the cracks are showing. His inner circle is split – some urging him to bow out gracefully, while others insist on sticking with him to the bitter end. Meanwhile, high-profile Cabinet members are already sharpening their knives, scheming for the inevitable post-Starmer era. The real drama? Who’s poised to take the crown when Keir finally crumbles? Stay tuned — the power games are only just beginning!

– but then turns out that independent journalist Nick on his mission to uncover the truth is actually a Reform activist and Oakeshott’s researcher.

As I said when mentioning before – I ‘follow’ (mainly, haven’t blocked) some alternate sources to see what’s being said, rather than only have opinions close to my own thoughts. Also as said before – no smoke without fire??

pondo

Reform have a brief and shitty history of entirely manufactured fire-free smoke.

shinton
    Free Member

Quelle suprise, Tommy Robinson jumping on the bandwagon – Oi @Keir_Starmer I’m going to out every detail of your dirty secret at my next event. Here’s the crowd at our last one . Nothing can stop what’s coming . F*** your injunctions

ernielynch
Viewing 16 posts - 2,281 through 2,296 (of 2,296 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.