Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 255 total)
  • UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Championships on the BBC [contains spoilers p4]
  • mikey74
    Free Member

It’s a shit track, isn’t it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Want to say why Mikey? Riders seem to be having fun up there, there is a ton of dust to hide the rocks and roots and some big reward lines that I think only Mik, Greg and Adam Brayton are hitting so far (and not all hitting them all) and yes parts are way steeper then TV even hints at (same goes for the XC)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/smithmichaelw/

My feed for the next couple of days just waiting for men’s xco to kick off – spoilers in instagram feed

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well Marshall survey is in…
    Troy/mick/Sam strong favourites in the men’s, one said Gwinn looked fast and smooth. Of what I’ve seen minaar is looking good, Greenland chilled. Brosnan is hitting some good lines not many others are.

Bold bet of green and gold double from me.
    Podium shots for Mark Wallace and Brayton maybe. Gee outside bet.

Tune in early doors to avoid massive social media spoilers

mikey74
    Free Member

Want to say why Mikey?

It has good sections, but overall it just strikes me as underwhelming, and it just seems to peter out at the end. The long, flat run-in is a rubbish way to end a DH race. Minnaar seemed to be mocking the end section a little in his course previous. The course is 1.9km long with the last 300m tacked on to take it to a suitably open finish area.

I’m sure it’s fun to ride, that’s a given, but I don’t think it’s the best DH track in the world.

**Caveat: I’ll still watch it, and I’m sure it’ll be a good race**

wallop

The Minaar mocking thing – there seems to be swimming theme to the Syndicate’s antics this weekend. Not sure which came first – the track or the swimming.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah nobody has pedalled the finish properly yet. Seen lots of antics but racing that hats isn’t easy just ask Greenland. The track up close and personal looks very different to cam and TV, I can spot where stuff is but it’s really different to watch.

Ews and dh this year have reminded me how much TV takes away.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well race day is upon us so going to say this be the thread then? Instagram not going to Flickr is killing quick pic posting here. On the bus up to the venue now should make it to see the finn Isles show come to town.

alpin
    Free Member

please no spoilers…!

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m not sure I agree on no spoilers… this seems to be the thread and I tend to find avoiding mtb media is the only option to remain spoiler free….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you want no spoilers you need to get up early or not open posts/pinkbike/here/Facebook etc.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The mods could add a Spoilers tag to the thread, but I’d avoid a thread about the world champs if I wanted to avoid spoilers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spoilers matt walker is your junior world champion, finn fluffed the rock garden exit 1 gold 1 silver so far

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wow not as expected and wtf. Amazing recovery from th but not quite enough there. A new world champion

milky1980
    Free Member

Well that was unexpected!

If Tracey had got straight back up and got back in the gas she’d have got it, that’s gonna rankle for the off-season.

Bring on the men, could be carnage 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sam hill down and safe 332

milky1980
    Free Member

How long will Hill be in the top step is the question. I reckon until the top 10.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What was going on with the top women? Hardly any of them from the top 7 up made it down without an issue. Great to see a Canadian in the stripes though!

moonsaballoon

Right I’m up , spoilers from here ?

milky1980
    Free Member

Seemed the dust caught loads out, same will happen with the men.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheering in the not worthy come on Sam

yoshimi

Damn mussed the women – the bottom pedaly section isnt great viewing – wanting Hill to hold out for as long as possible

yoshimi

Great to see Mick happpy with that

moonsaballoon

Yeah mick !

milky1980
    Free Member

Hill lasted to the top 30, now how long can he stay on the podium?

Mick was flying!

BoardinBob

Is everyones red Bull not actually showing the race? It’s there and says it’s live but when I click on it I’m only seeing a show on rodeo stuff?

Bbc commentary is painful

milky1980
    Free Member

RedBull working fine for me! The link was buried in the XCO replay option when I clicked on.

moonsaballoon

Red bull good for me on android TV app , had to hunt for it a bit though

BoardinBob

Hmm. The links there and I can click on it but it just displays a different show

Edit: got it now. The main “watch live” button wasn’t linking properly but if I scrolled to the replay options below then went to the right there was another watch live button that has worked

moonsaballoon

Shame but not sure this course makes for the most exciting racing

milky1980
    Free Member

They are saying the women’s result has been changed 😯

riklegge

Women’s result changing?

moonsaballoon

No matter what happens now it’s top ten for hill , pretty impressive stuff

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Hills run was amazing, really good to see him throwing the little bike about, hope he gets a medal.

Hope mick wins it, he deserves it with that run.

EDIT: or not…

milky1980
    Free Member

No medal for Hill.

moonsaballoon

Ooh Greg ! Just lost my red bull feed !!!!!

moonsaballoon

Beeb working

BoardinBob

Yeah red bull failed here. Happened a lot this year!

milky1980
    Free Member

Mine’s back!

Missed Gwin’s run.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Championships on the BBC [contains spoilers p4]’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM